Author Topic: Deep Thoughts (shower thoughts ok too but no Pit stuff)  (Read 13101 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Thoughts (shower thoughts ok too but no Pit stuff)
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2023, 09:43:44 PM »
I want one of those tree burials, or a compost burial.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2023, 09:30:41 AM »
you don't want your cremains to be purified in the waters of Lake Minnetonka?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2023, 09:33:27 AM »
you don't want your cremains to be purified in the waters of Lake Minnetonka?

That lake is too expensive for my remains.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2023, 10:09:45 AM »
I don't really care what happens to my body after I die. Like at all really. Within reason anyway, i don't want to be just thrown in the street. If I was forced to choose, my answer would be whatever my kids want. If my kids make me say, i'd say cremate and spread me around some place cool. Some in my family are obsessed with this. They want very specific grave sites, stones, positions, etc. They also want me to choose like right now where I want to be and get frustrated when I say I don't want to be in a giant box in the ground with a big shrine above me. I think its ridiculous. They really get mad when I say things like, "what if all those people under there were wrong and are just trapped down there forever instead of being spread out and being part of a tree or something".

My mother's side of the family has pre-purchased plots and my mom reminded me the other day she has one at Sunset next to her parents and that her entire funeral was paid for and I was like okay, that is good I guess but dang

Then donate your organs!!

Seriously, maybe let your residual cells and tissues have a purpose?

I definitely have that on my DL

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 02, 2023, 10:44:54 PM »
I think Sid from Toy Story kind of a raw deal. Like this kid is just out here making art. How is he supposed to know the toys are sentient beings? They shouldn’t be

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2023, 10:46:00 PM »
I think Sid from Toy Story kind of a raw deal. Like this kid is just out here making art. How is he supposed to know the toys are sentient beings? They shouldn’t be
He destroyed his sister’s dolls you monster.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2023, 10:51:43 PM »
He destroyed his sister’s dolls you monster.

Kids got an absentee father (presumably). He’s had a rough go of it so far in life. He processes that frustration through the medium of sculpture. If I’m a monster then I’m the compassion monster

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2023, 08:15:15 AM »
Is there something about refrigerators that necessitates they be magnetic? Like in order to properly thermally decouple the inside from the outside a magnetic field was needed? Or do you think back in 1897 when Tómas Refrige invented his namesake appliance that he was like “ya know what? That’s some valuable real estate right there let’s magnetize this bad boy so we can hang up our kids shitty artwork”

Notes from OP:
I completely made up all of that stuff about the invention of the refrigerator I have no idea when it was invented or by whom

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2023, 01:11:08 PM »
Is there something about refrigerators that necessitates they be magnetic? Like in order to properly thermally decouple the inside from the outside a magnetic field was needed? Or do you think back in 1897 when Tómas Refrige invented his namesake appliance that he was like “ya know what? That’s some valuable real estate right there let’s magnetize this bad boy so we can hang up our kids shitty artwork”

Notes from OP:
I completely made up all of that stuff about the invention of the refrigerator I have no idea when it was invented or by whom

Remember those old fridges back in the day that closed with a latch on the outside? Turns out a bunch of kids were crawling inside them and suffocating, because you could only open them from the outside. Congress passed a law mandating that fridges be openable from the inside. All (nearly all?) modern fridges accomplish that task by utilizing magnetic force to keep fridges shut while still being able to open them from the inside.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2023, 01:57:17 PM »
This is the reason I pay for gEpremium

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 09, 2023, 02:02:49 PM »
but who closed the latch on those kids? sounds like a murder

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 09, 2023, 02:06:10 PM »

Keep in mind this was before Roe v. Wade (NOT TRYING TO DO PIT STUFF HERE). But really, if you were to pull the door shut, it would latch on its own.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 09, 2023, 02:34:08 PM »

Keep in mind this was before Roe v. Wade (NOT TRYING TO DO PIT STUFF HERE). But really, if you were to pull the door shut, it would latch on its own.
Boomers today: I can’t believe you would willingly subject your children to the dangers of vaccines.

Boomers back them: hmm did I leave my unsupervised three year old  in the fridge this morning? No…I’m like 80% sure of it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2023, 04:21:38 PM »
Remember those old fridges back in the day that closed with a latch on the outside? Turns out a bunch of kids were crawling inside them and suffocating, because you could only open them from the outside.

maybe this is one of those things where people laugh at you if you say it, like thinking you can beat serena williams or land a plane when the pilot dies or whatever, but i could get out.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 09, 2023, 04:23:56 PM »
You’d never fit in the first place you ogre
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2023, 04:40:46 PM »
Remember those old fridges back in the day that closed with a latch on the outside? Turns out a bunch of kids were crawling inside them and suffocating, because you could only open them from the outside.

maybe this is one of those things where people laugh at you if you say it, like thinking you can beat serena williams or land a plane when the pilot dies or whatever, but i could get out.

As a small child?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2023, 09:02:31 AM »
i don't know / haven't memorized what a suspended 7th means

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2023, 09:03:43 AM »

you'd have a better chance vs serena or landing a plane than getting out of an old timey refrigerator with a latched door

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2023, 09:23:51 AM »
That ruined the 4th Indiana Jones movie for me. No way that old man would be able to get out of that fridge with a latched door.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2023, 08:49:06 PM »
Lies have no power unless they are believed; thus, lies are finite, being that false beliefs are temporal. On the other hand, truth is eternal; for even if truth is disbelieved, it still remains true.  Truth having the virtue of being reality, will become evident; for the power of truth is that it forever remains true. It may be hidden, forgotten, or distorted, but it cannot be destroyed even as circumstances change, however, in time, truth will be made manifest.

The power of lies rests only in their potential as a perception of truth, and there are lies that can for a season imitate the truth and even affect reality if they are believed. However, in the end, lies cannot sustain themselves and only truth shall remain.

~Skarbutt
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2023, 04:01:42 PM »
Imagine being born ~1900 and living a “full” life of ~80-85 years.

Wild
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 07, 2023, 02:44:02 PM »

Wild

There are lot of good ones of that. To me it's wild that you could easily be born before the revolutionary war and live to see the civil war. To be born before the civil war and see WW2. Those are long lives but very possible. Just the changes in culture/tech/fashion/etc are as wild as the on you proposed.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 07, 2023, 02:49:45 PM »

Wild

There are lot of good ones of that. To me it's wild that you could easily be born before the revolutionary war and live to see the civil war. To be born before the civil war and see WW2. Those are long lives but very possible. Just the changes in culture/tech/fashion/etc are as wild as the on you proposed.

You could have conceivably been born when horses were the primary means of personal transportation and lived to see e-commerce. Lots of mind-bottling ways to phrase the point.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 07, 2023, 02:53:19 PM »

Wild

My grandma was born in 1911(I think, plus or minus) and died in 2008.  It's wild that horses were still a widely used mode of transportation, and in her lifetime we got TV, color TV, the mass adaptation to cars, diesel trains, commercial air travel, invented the internet, the cell phone, the smart phone, and went to the rough ridin' moon. 

That blows my mind. 

I imagine ppl in her cohort woke up every day, read the paper, and was like, "What?  No rough ridin' way!"

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2023, 05:05:39 PM »

Wild

My grandma was born in 1911(I think, plus or minus) and died in 2008.  It's wild that horses were still a widely used mode of transportation, and in her lifetime we got TV, color TV, the mass adaptation to cars, diesel trains, commercial air travel, invented the internet, the cell phone, the smart phone, and went to the rough ridin' moon. 

That blows my mind. 

I imagine ppl in her cohort woke up every day, read the paper, and was like, "What?  No rough ridin' way!"

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1697023224473637033