Author Topic: What streaming services do you have and how much do you like them?  (Read 3446 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: What streaming services do you have and how much do you like them?
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2023, 09:50:16 AM »
Apple TV is the best streaming device and it's not even close.

Why do you think they only have 12% market share?
Consider me skeptical.
So are their shitty ass phones but sycophants will still try to convince everyone that they're a superior product
You definitely didn't fix the quote, you gotta remove the last block quote. Second of all, playing beer pong via text message sounds completely made up and odd.
https://gamepigeonapp.com/ it's not made up its real. Also has battleship and pool. Archery is another crowd fav.
Can you play beer pong via a text message with your brother while holding a conversation who is three states away with an android? I don't think so!  :emawkid:
The cost is 4 to 5 times more.

Here you go, Mongoloids.
If I am a Mongoloid that makes you a Troglodyte.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2023, 04:47:47 PM »
rough ridin' old age blog now smdh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2023, 06:33:41 PM »
rough ridin' old age blog now smdh
I feel shame

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2023, 07:48:34 AM »
Rokus are great for users that are eager to sell all their personal data (for the privilege of using shitty second class streaming stick technology cheaply) to giant Chinese data mining operations.

Same folks that have no qualms with clicking on and sharing AMP links on message boards I guess.   :dunno:

I am definitely team IC on this one.  AppleTV is the only streaming device I would feel comfortable using.

(I have heard that people really love the Nvidia Shield too...but it uses the same android backend that fire stick/chromecast devices uses which...kinda sketchy IMO)
Counter intuitively, when I learned about the nsa spying on everyone and grasped the extent to which my data is being sold to companies I kind of just gave up. Im not really proud of that decision, because I would like to change that, but the enormous size of the problem and knowing where we are with it seems like dodging raindrops in a storm. I felt the same way about people wiping down their groceries with bleach wipes at the beginning of the pandemic. If it is that bad, then lord take me now.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2023, 09:37:27 AM »
First of all, passranch's hyper anal tendencies about AMP links is just so super weird and plays exclusively to an engineering mindset.  I'm sure he's boring the hell out of someone in a conference call right now and probably wrecking a deal for one of his sales teams while he's at it and/or sitting there like a clod injecting no insight or expertise.   I digress.

I just read through Roku's Privacy Policy and doesn't read any different than any other privacy policy of thousands upon thousands of content and telecommunications services providers.  It's just part and parcel of doing business in the modern world in the Year of our Flying Spaghetti Monster 2023.  Apple also uses your personal content and hides behind the highly broad and yet still cryptic "We only use your personal information when we have a valid legal basis to do so" . . . in international mega corp parlance that's an 18 lane super highway of saying that we can do whatever we want with it as long as it doesn't break the law.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2023, 09:46:47 AM »
First of all, passranch's hyper anal tendencies about AMP links is just so super weird and plays exclusively to an engineering mindset.  I'm sure he's boring the hell out of someone in a conference call right now and probably wrecking a deal for one of his sales teams while he's at it and/or sitting there like a clod injecting no insight or expertise.   I digress.

I just read through Roku's Privacy Policy and doesn't read any different than any other privacy policy of thousands upon thousands of content and telecommunications services providers.  It's just part and parcel of doing business in the modern world in the Year of our Flying Spaghetti Monster 2023.  Apple also uses your personal content and hides behind the highly broad and yet still cryptic "We only use your personal information when we have a valid legal basis to do so" . . . in international mega corp parlance that's an 18 lane super highway of saying that we can do whatever we want with it as long as it doesn't break the law.
Mods what is goEMAW's privacy policy and how are you selling my data?
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2023, 03:31:16 PM »

Mods what is goEMAW's privacy policy and how are you selling my data?
How do you think Pete bought his boat or SD is able to take his gaggle of kids to Disney 18 times a year? RD has been turning down OT at the RCPD for years, just kicking his feet up as a desk jockey now.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2023, 04:50:14 PM »
My apologies to everyone ITT.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2023, 06:03:18 PM »
Why are you apologizing?

It just seems strange to take that angle when (for example) Apple just a few months ago had to issue one of the broadest security updates in their history, which included the OS of every Apple TV device.  With copious media coverage imploring Apple users to update their devices immediately for security reasons.  Apple gives themselves carte blanche over personal user data and they have major operations in multiple rogue IT nations including China. 

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2023, 11:58:01 AM »
Another thing I love about the Apple TV box is how easy it is to sync my AirPods to. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2023, 12:55:28 PM »
Official gE Privacy Policy:  Mind your own damn business.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2023, 10:18:08 PM »
YoutubeTV absolutely crap the bed this evening.
@mikec2w

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2023, 10:31:14 PM »

sure did.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2023, 11:03:56 AM »

sure did.
(Cross post warning)
I just wanted to watch Jeopardy Masters

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2023, 09:42:12 AM »
Netflix is finally doing it, they are enforcing the password sharing in the US.

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/update-on-sharing-may-us

7.99 a month for each password/device share out of a home network. So if you have three extra people out of your home network (My sibilings and I share an account) you would have to pay $7.99 extra for each person you share with.

Bye Netflix, smell ya later. :buh-bye:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2023, 10:50:07 AM »
If MLB does this I’m suing sys and kat kid for breach of contract (which I don’t think I’ve paid for this year now that I think about it….)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2023, 10:54:33 AM »
If MLB does this I’m suing sys and kat kid for breach of contract (which I don’t think I’ve paid for this year now that I think about it….)

MLB is too dumb and will never have the viewership they wish to have until they can get rid of their dumb comish.

Netflix has apparently done this in all of their markets except for US and the UK. June 1st is the first day. I got an email about it earlier this week.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2023, 11:28:29 AM »

7.99 a month for each password/device share out of a home network. So if you have three extra people out of your home network (My sibilings and I share an account) you would have to pay $7.99 extra for each person you share with.

Is this like an automatic thing, or will my barnacles just get denied entry unless I go modify my plan?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2023, 11:32:10 AM »

Is this like an automatic thing, or will my barnacles just get denied entry unless I go modify my plan?
Peeps will be denied entry, you have to add the extra users with another email.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2023, 12:00:21 PM »

MLB is too dumb and will never have the viewership they wish to have until they can get rid of their dumb comish.

Netflix has apparently done this in all of their markets except for US and the UK. June 1st is the first day. I got an email about it earlier this week.

MLB is trying to make their product more accessible by getting rid of blackouts but they're currently getting resistance from the red sox, yankees, and dodgers. Eventually, hopefully next year, probably not, the blackouts will be gone.