Author Topic: oscar's Press Conference  (Read 14226 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: oscar's Press Conference
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2022, 12:45:32 PM »
It's pretty unreal how butthurt this presser made folks

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2022, 12:57:33 PM »

I’ve heard (no idea if it’s true) that oscar was maybe going to stay in mhk and stay involved in the university in some way, but the presser pissed the AD and school off enough that any offer to stay employed or involved in the university is off the table.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2022, 07:01:01 PM »

I’ve heard (no idea if it’s true) that oscar was maybe going to stay in mhk and stay involved in the university in some way, but the presser pissed the AD and school off enough that any offer to stay employed or involved in the university is off the table.

Never doubt some RCPD water cooler talk, Officer Daris is dead on here.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2022, 08:12:12 PM »

lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2022, 08:20:19 PM »
I'm no Massa Seff fan, but I couldn't imagine Seff doing the whining and making the excuses that Oscar had in that Zoom.

The worst part is that there's still K-State fans out there who think Oscar is a great guy.

even after he told them to their faces he hates them

You probably believe that too.

I have no idea if oscar Is a great guy or not, I tend to believe the people at four different universities who know him that say he is. Anyway, I don't think being butthurt about getting fired from your job is a good indicator to how good of a person you are. I'm real certain that bitching about social media doesn't make you a bad person.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2022, 08:32:30 PM »
Everyone has flaws, I think oscar’s mostly just come out when there’s a microphone in his face. Might not make him a bad guy but definitely a problematic quality if you’re not a top tier coach.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2022, 09:05:45 PM »
Some people on this board try so hard.

Oscar Weber never really accepted responsibility for anything.    Within 12 seconds of attempting to claim he was ultimately responsible he laid out in a screed that he really doesn't think he's responsible for the outcomes of the last 3 years and at other times.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2022, 09:26:42 PM »

Is it possible for you to have a big boy conversation without being a complete knob?  We don't all have to have the same opinion, it's really okay, dax.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2022, 11:02:05 PM »

lol

Ok

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2022, 11:27:06 PM »

Is it possible for you to have a big boy conversation without being a complete knob?  We don't all have to have the same opinion, it's really okay, dax.

The most amazing part is watching you go from thread to thread telling numbers (plural) of people that they're all wrong about everything.  I digress.

Oscar Weber threw K-State under the bus.   Several on here love it because they think it's an indictment on gE, and several others are just playing their usual too cool for school shtick.

It is possible to have an adult conversation when it starts with the fact that a dude that K-State paid (once you add in perks, personal expense accounts and various other items) over $30 millions to, sat in front of the microphone wearing K-State colors and logos and essentially blamed everyone else for the fact he was forced to resign.   While telling the whole world K-State is extremely hard to recruit to, and telling the whole world K-State has bad fans.    It's 2022 and people still don't know you can fly non-stop to multiple major hub airports everyday from K-State/MHK, and people still act like that a large percentage of D1 schools aren't in college towns a lot like Manhattan, KS.   While I'm ranting, how TF can Fran Fraschilla get with Kellis and talk like it's 2001 in MHK??   K-State has great fans, just fans who aren't going to put up some passive aggressive mealy mouthed excuse machine and his 9th, 10th, and 9th place finishes, his mediocre recruiting classes and his revolving door of personnel, when everyone knows he needs guys for 3 or 4 years to be any good. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2022, 08:29:59 AM »
I'm no Massa Seff fan, but I couldn't imagine Seff doing the whining and making the excuses that Oscar had in that Zoom.

Can you imagine how many chicken wings his team would encounter after just one of our last 3 seasons?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2022, 08:34:20 AM »
Most of the people in this country believe they are a victim of some sort. It's hilarious when a multi-millionaire like oscar Weber gets in front of a crowd and cries about how hard he's had it, but it's not unique. I'm very glad his bitch ass is gone, though.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2022, 08:56:44 AM »
He was who he told us he was from the first loss brucuses on

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2022, 09:05:38 AM »
Srsly, if it sucked so bad why didn't he quit years ago and get a better gig?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2022, 09:19:30 AM »
How long do you think you guys will continue to bitch about this guy in the future? I give it at least 2-3 more years.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 09:57:34 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2022, 09:46:30 AM »
It's been 10 years and you are still bitching about frank  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2022, 09:58:47 AM »
Because during the whole time they were bitching about oscar, they decided to ignore the guy they use to clamor for, was falling on his face somewhere else.  :dunno:

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2022, 10:06:23 AM »
Because during the whole time they were bitching about oscar, they decided to ignore the guy they use to clamor for, was falling on his face somewhere else.  :dunno:
F4 tho

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2022, 10:09:56 AM »
He missed the tourney 9 out of 10 years and still has never won a conference championship. But yes, congrats on that F4 Frank. Brad definitely left behind a chance for him to succeed.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2022, 11:08:56 AM »
How long do you think you guys will continue to bitch about this guy in the future? I give it at least 2-3 more years.

I'm sure there will be some cupboard is bare folks. Out of sight out of mind for this cat. I don't think of Ron prince anymore either fwiw

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2022, 11:19:56 AM »
He missed the tourney 9 out of 10 years and still has never won a conference championship. But yes, congrats on that F4 Frank. Brad definitely left behind a chance for him to succeed.

I agree that pointing to an achievement a coach got a long time ago is an annoying reason to validate keeping them around. #commonground  :cheers:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2022, 11:37:03 AM »
I had missed this at the time, but a twitter search after seeing Goodman roasting Jon Rothstein last night made me find this. lol @ oscar actually replying to his generic texts.

https://twitter.com/GregWWoods/status/1207016457076379648
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2022, 01:21:05 PM »
I had missed this at the time, but a twitter search after seeing Goodman roasting Jon Rothstein last night made me find this. lol @ oscar actually replying to his generic texts.

Rothstein is a nerd but dunno why goodman is being mean. And adorable work from oscar!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2022, 01:21:36 PM »

Goodman going after Rothstein like that was really weak

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2022, 01:34:42 PM »

Rothstein is a nerd but dunno why goodman is being mean. And adorable work from oscar!

yeah, i don't pay enough attention to know if they're friendly or not. He seemed to be getting a lot of crap for it. And yes, good on oscar.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles