Author Topic: oscar's Press Conference  (Read 14290 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: oscar's Press Conference
« Reply #225 on: March 16, 2022, 02:26:14 PM »
I had missed this at the time, but a twitter search after seeing Goodman roasting Jon Rothstein last night made me find this. lol @ oscar actually replying to his generic texts.

https://twitter.com/GregWWoods/status/1207016457076379648

Rothstein is a nerd but dunno why goodman is being mean. And adorable work from oscar!

yeah, i don't pay enough attention to know if they're friendly or not. He seemed to be getting a lot of crap for it. And yes, good on oscar.

They're not but I'm sure Goodman doing that is awkward for Gary Parrish because he's boys with both of them.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2022, 04:02:11 PM »
First off, thank you for the compliment. Second off, I'm emotionally unavailable ALWAYS.

oscar's story about driving 9 hours (not a lot by the way) to Western Kentucky to land a job in the college ranks only to be forgotten about and then offered a pity job after is a pretty rough ridin' perfect allegory for his career in general. Despite his lack of talent or skill, his vanilla flavor and digestible ethics have landed him in some opportunistic positions. The remainder of the presser was spent justifying why his ship shouldn't be sinking while it was three years (at least) under water and that he should be given a new ship despite his history of ship sinking; tangental rants about how kids don't understand pay phones aside--even though this is great insight into why he's a sub-par recruiter. Blame politics are all fine and good, but claiming to be holier than thou in a league as morally corrupt as the NCAA only makes you the nicest exploiter. I did really like how he completely skipped over Wooly tho.

There was a fairly funny story posted by Gary Parrish on twitter where Gary talked about how Tom Izzo felt bad for Webz having to make a drive to visit the same recruit Izzo was flying in his private jet to talk to. After a whole plane ride of Oscar saying "thank you" probably too many times, Izzo informed GP that he did it because "if he lost a recruit to Weber he knew it wouldn't be because Weber was underhanded." Nice story. Unless, like Brucey's presser, you actually think about it. Izzo gave a ride to him because Weber wasn't ever a threat. Easy for a wolf to invite a lamb to dinner.

If you choose to buy every ounce of what oscar said on its surface without reconciling the fact that all of it is actually indicative of why he shouldn't have been hired in the first place that's on you.

I'm just excited that asava cares enough to post on this blog again. Welcome back Asava, lets catch some trout this summer and daydream about how many big12 titles Brad will win.

I've got some rivers in mind...

Seriously lol MakeItRain and 320SeriousCat59 for continuing to defend a grown man crying in public about getting fired for doing his job worse than anyone else in the league for three years.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 16, 2022, 04:33:02 PM »

I'm just excited that asava cares enough to post on this blog again. Welcome back Asava, lets catch some trout this summer and daydream about how many big12 titles Brad will win.

I've got some rivers in mind...

Da Nile?

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2022, 01:51:48 PM »
Intriguing thread!

The press conference was pitiful and made me sad.    And I'm excited Weber is gone   :emawkid:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2022, 09:39:11 PM »
pick your fighter I guess. I don't really want to hire frank back but god damn I respect the crap out of him and love him.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2022, 09:48:17 PM »
he sucked ass there and they still let him coach 10 years, no crap he's grateful

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2022, 09:52:17 PM »
Frank is the Anti oscar
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2022, 09:54:16 PM »
Frank is the Anti oscar

ha, yeah. I cannot think of two polar opposite people.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2022, 12:21:44 AM »
Frank for AD. Maybe for president.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2022, 02:44:18 AM »
No surprise but he was great on tournament coverage today, nice suit although it didn't fit worth a damn. I hope he just chills at home with Anya and their kids and just does TV and enjoys life. Now that Dickey V. is about done college basketball needs another ambassador and he's be perfect.

If he does want to coach, I hope he gets the FGCU job and hangs out on the beach until he retires.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2022, 08:18:51 AM »
No surprise but he was great on tournament coverage today, nice suit although it didn't fit worth a damn. I hope he just chills at home with Anya and their kids and just does TV and enjoys life. Now that Dickey V. is about done college basketball needs another ambassador and he's be perfect.

If he does want to coach, I hope he gets the FGCU job and hangs out on the beach until he retires.

From what I heard, he was going to DePaul if the AD had his way and fired him last year.  I don't know what difference a year makes for him but at he was planning to keep coaching.  Of course, he wants the Miami gig but Larranaga got extended and I don't know how much consideration he would get anyways after USC canned him.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2022, 08:33:04 AM »

yeah he would be great if he did TV full time

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2022, 08:50:56 AM »
KSU really made him a career.  Good to see.  Don't want him back. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2022, 09:51:36 AM »
KSU really made him a career.  Good to see.  Don't want him back.

KSU also made underwood’s career. He was just some dumbass burnout Florida juco coach when hugs and frank found him.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2022, 10:09:37 AM »
:sdeek:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2022, 10:24:02 AM »
Brad if you're reading this please ignore the belligerent musings of Officer Rick Doucheis, his views do not represent jack crap

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2022, 10:28:26 AM »
Like Brad. Hope he’s the next coach. But let’s not act like he’s some kind of coaching savant that was destined for greatness. Luck comes in many ways and forms and Brad caught more than a little bit of it when Huggins decided to recruit Blake Young.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2022, 10:30:26 AM »
Well this is a strange turn of events

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2022, 10:32:35 AM »
Well this is a strange turn of events

What is?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2022, 10:38:15 AM »
The sudden disparaging of Brad, although you may have held those beliefs and mentioned them before and I just didn’t notice.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2022, 10:45:50 AM »
I don't know how much luck is involved in having a successful program and recruiting a good player to/from it.  Brad taking a nontraditional and longer route to get on a D1 bench could indicate that it's more well deserved than some others.  Even if it is luck, a lot of people are lucky to get where they are and still have to take advantage of the opportunity.

I also don't necessarily think RD is disparaging Brad with his comments.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 10:59:49 AM by ChiComCat »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2022, 10:53:59 AM »
The sudden disparaging of Brad, although you may have held those beliefs and mentioned them before and I just didn%u2019t notice.

I don’t think sharing the guys work history is disparaging.

Brad had coached a couple of jucos including going .500 in four years at garden city and had also spent ten years on the western Illinois staff when Huggins hired him after getting to know him while recruiting Blake young. Nothing before kstate screamed future Illinois head coach making 5 million/year. He was coaching a juco in Florida. The post above me said that ksu really made Frank a career and I think the same should be said for Brad. If brad isn’t a ksu guy, I don’t think he ends up on huggins staff and ending up on huggins staff got him to where he is today. Like Chicat said, being lucky and good aren’t mutually exclusive and pointing out brad’s luck and also how his tenure at kstate benefitted doesn’t mean I’m disparaging the guy.

I would have been happy if kstate hired him the first time around when frank left. I’ll be happy if kstate hires him now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2022, 10:58:27 AM »
The sudden disparaging of Brad, although you may have held those beliefs and mentioned them before and I just didn%u2019t notice.

I don’t think sharing the guys work history is disparaging. Brad had coached a couple of jucos including going .500 in four years at garden city and had also spent ten years on the western Illinois staff when Huggins hired him after getting to know him while recruiting Blake young. Nothing before kstate screamed future Illinois head coach making 5 million/year. He was coaching a juco in Florida. The post above me said that ksu really made Frank a career. If brad isn’t a ksu guy, I don’t think he ends up on huggins staff and ending up on huggins staff got him to where he is today. Like Chicat said, being lucky and good aren’t mutually exclusive and pointing out brad’s luck and also how his tenure at kstate benefitted doesn’t mean I’m disparaging the guy. I would have been happy if kstate hired him the first time around when frank left.
It was Dodge City, brother. That's like calling K-state, KU.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2022, 11:02:54 AM »
Dumbass burnout Florida Juco coach has a negative connotation in the circles I run in.  Maybe it’s a fair characterization, just feels like a weird thing to say.  Also hope we get Brad, go cats.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2022, 11:04:16 AM »
Dumbass burnout Florida Juco coach has a negative connotation in the circles I run in. 

:ROFL: