Author Topic: oscar's Press Conference  (Read 14278 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: oscar's Press Conference
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2022, 08:30:30 AM »
The people acting like shared titles are ridiculous. SB to start. I also like the people who are like “well if the 1 seed doesn’t go down, there’s no way K-State makes that run…”. Well, welcome to March. :dunno:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2022, 08:34:03 AM »

I also like the people who are like “well if the 1 seed doesn’t go down, there’s no way K-State makes that run…”. Well, welcome to March. :dunno:

It's why judging success or failure of a coach based on the tournament is dumb. Hopefully Gene wanting a coach quickly will keep us from some dumb mid-major who upsets a higher seed this tourney and has done nothing else.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2022, 08:36:10 AM »
Agreed

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2022, 08:53:15 AM »
Holy crap, some of you are impossible to talk sports with… :lol: I can’t even imagine how much of a loser you have to be to try and devalue his successes here. It makes you look dumb, gross, and petty as crap.

everyone seems to be having reasonable discussions about his legacy here. why are you freaking out and calling names (and who are you directing that at)?

SB has gone full Dax ITT but otherwise I agree that it’s all been reasonable discussion.   
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2022, 09:29:45 AM »
It doesn’t really matter how many games he won, he left the program in worse shape than when he got here. Fan support is far less. His boring style of play, his annoying personality, and being a cellar dweller are all his fault and not social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2022, 09:38:16 AM »
Holy crap, some of you are impossible to talk sports with… :lol: I can’t even imagine how much of a loser you have to be to try and devalue his successes here. It makes you look dumb, gross, and petty as crap.

everyone seems to be having reasonable discussions about his legacy here. why are you freaking out and calling names (and who are you directing that at)?

SB has gone full Dax ITT but otherwise I agree that it’s all been reasonable discussion.

That’s true. I’m being petty and annoying and I’ll stop. But that’s the thing about the polarizing oscar era: literally all of these arguments are valid and legit. (Except my play-in round bungle which I’ll own.) On both sides. I’m right AND Wacky’s right. That’s what makes the oscar era so frustrating, especially when he sits at a press conference and touts the good stuff but doesn’t take responsibility for the bad stuff or tries to pass the buck for it to fans.

It doesn’t really matter how many games he won, he left the program in worse shape than when he got here. Fan support is far less. His boring style of play, his annoying personality, and being a cellar dweller are all his fault and not social media.

This is correct.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 09:46:43 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2022, 09:40:44 AM »

What in the world.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2022, 09:42:37 AM »
Any K-State fan who watched or will watch that Zoom call and still thinks oscar Weber is a great guy, is a clown and should be scorned and ridiculed with extreme prejudice.

My current preference is:   1.   Underwood  2.  Chris Mack  3.  Tang

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2022, 09:46:35 AM »

That’s true. I’m being petty and annoying and I’ll stop. But that’s the thing about the polarizing oscar era: literally all of these arguments are valid and legit. (Except my play-in round bungle which I’ll own.) On both sides. I’m right AND Wacky’s right. That’s what makes the oscar era so frustrating.

What we have here is a blue dress/gold dress situation

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2022, 09:47:14 AM »
A fun thing about Chris Mack is that he’s married to Chris Mack

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2022, 10:10:37 AM »
 :surprised:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2022, 12:36:17 PM »
Finally watched this and it was so lol pathetic and completely oscar in every way.  KSU should've expected virtually all of it, although I could imagine them being a little sketched by him talking about his plan to keep helping the players through this difficult change for them, as far as him maybe nudging them to leave too.

I'd say this performance should DQ oscar from consideration by any similar or close-to-similar program, but I doubt any such program was entertaining it anyway.

Gene apparently now has much higher expectations and has to hire someone at that higher level, because otherwise it's kind of bullshit to have canned oscar's ass.  He's done a pretty damn comparable job to what he did at illinois, which earned him the ksu job.  Some would argue he had more success at ksu than at illinois.

I enjoyed the first minute of gene's thing afterwards with him still using the words that would mean oscar voluntarily resigned and a couple minutes later confirming how payouts and how assistants will be handled exactly in accordance with the ass-canning terms of the contract.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2022, 02:09:09 PM »
It doesn’t really matter how many games he won, he left the program in worse shape than when he got here.

Disagree

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2022, 03:26:14 PM »
It doesn’t really matter how many games he won, he left the program in worse shape than when he got here.

Disagree

It’s a dumb point because bball can be turned around quickly. Also most of the time someone gets canned, the program is worse than before.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2022, 04:10:43 PM »

Disagree

It’s a dumb point because bball can be turned around quickly. Also most of the time someone gets canned, the program is worse than before.

OOD atmosphere, tho. Angriest Fanbase status isn’t something that just falls out of the sky to the best team in the league that year, tho. That’s a culture that takes a few consecutive years. Hopefully Brad can get our atmosphere rejuvinated.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2022, 04:22:06 PM »
Inherited 7 straight post season appearances.

Missed the post season in 6 out of 10 years.  Including 3 straight. 

Based on tenure.  The worst conference record in Kstate history.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2022, 05:02:23 PM »
lot of glass half empty people chiming in on a glass half full sport

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2022, 05:57:31 PM »

I also like the people who are like “well if the 1 seed doesn’t go down, there’s no way K-State makes that run…”. Well, welcome to March. :dunno:

It's why judging success or failure of a coach based on the tournament is dumb. Hopefully Gene wanting a coach quickly will keep us from some dumb mid-major who upsets a higher seed this tourney and has done nothing else.

I'm going to pick New Mexico State to go to the sweet 16, I still don't want Chris Jans.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2022, 08:50:38 PM »

Disagree

Why?  We had packed arenas when he first started.  Now no one cares and the fanbase accepted garbage hoops for 3 years. Plus we have a roster of crap outside of Nowell and Pack

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2022, 08:51:56 PM »

Disagree

OOD atmosphere, tho. Angriest Fanbase status isn’t something that just falls out of the sky to the best team in the league that year, tho. That’s a culture that takes a few consecutive years. Hopefully Brad can get our atmosphere rejuvinated.

If there is one thing I am certain of it’s that Brad would have the place packed and rocking again in year 1.   Hell I’ll even go and I haven’t set foot inside tOOD since like 2016.  He checks the box for nearly every kstate fan, it’s pretty incredible how much universal support he has.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2022, 09:12:22 PM »

Disagree

I’m curious why you don’t think it’s in worse shape? Because as a whole, fans just don’t give a crap. People that live in town and have tickets don’t even go to conference games. Ten years ago, people would drive from kc for non con games on a Tuesday. There is complete apathy. That alone makes it worse.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
oscar's Press Conference
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2022, 09:24:26 PM »
People don’t give a crap because COVID happened in the middle of the worst 3 years of oscar’s KSU tenure. If we somehow squeaked into the tournament this year and managed to make a miracle run to the Final Four are you seriously suggesting the student section isn’t rocking at least the start of next year? Fan support can turn on a dime. Hard to call it any coach’s legacy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2022, 09:45:29 PM »

Disagree

I’m curious why you don’t think it’s in worse shape? Because as a whole, fans just don’t give a crap. People that live in town and have tickets don’t even go to conference games. Ten years ago, people would drive from kc for non con games on a Tuesday. There is complete apathy. That alone makes it worse.

Because that apathy is moment to moment. If oscar came back with Pack, Nowell, and heralded transfers and a preseason top 25 ranking, a chunk of that apathy would be gone.

I'm not going to act like the apathy isn't there but it's largely overstated by people who don't feel as great about the program, and that's understandable. I went to the Iowa State game at the end of the year, and while it was far from 2010, there were still 10,000 people there and I still had to pay $50 a ticket to sit in the 27th row. I also had season tickets in 2011-12, and it wasn't 2010 either. If Frank's team fell off a bit in 2012, the crowds wouldn't have keep coming either. There are plenty of threads on here complaining about crowds during the OOD too. I remember 7000 people watching K-State's second game at the Sprint Center.

We hire Brad, we get 10,000 season tickets. We hire Tang or McCasland and they get out the gates quick, they'll be 11,000+ in Bramlage over winter break for the first confierence game.

The program and the fan base are fine, this isn't Wooly taking over for Asbury.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2022, 10:25:08 PM »

Disagree

Because that apathy is moment to moment. If oscar came back with Pack, Nowell, and heralded transfers and a preseason top 25 ranking, a chunk of that apathy would be gone.

I'm not going to act like the apathy isn't there but it's largely overstated by people who don't feel as great about the program, and that's understandable. I went to the Iowa State game at the end of the year, and while it was far from 2010, there were still 10,000 people there and I still had to pay $50 a ticket to sit in the 27th row. I also had season tickets in 2011-12, and it wasn't 2010 either. If Frank's team fell off a bit in 2012, the crowds wouldn't have keep coming either. There are plenty of threads on here complaining about crowds during the OOD too. I remember 7000 people watching K-State's second game at the Sprint Center.

We hire Brad, we get 10,000 season tickets. We hire Tang or McCasland and they get out the gates quick, they'll be 11,000+ in Bramlage over winter break for the first confierence game.

There is nothing oscar could do to come back with a Top 25 ranking. Nothing.

Attendance at the Iowa St. game was 8000, not 10,000. I was offered multiple tickets to the Oklahoma game, but didn't go. Attendance was 6600 for that game. My four kids and I went to six games, including multiple Big 12 games, and spent a total of $5 to do so. The Iowa St. game you attended was the highest attended game outside of the KU game (only 9700!).

If oscar came back next year, attendance would be even worse. The apathy was something that oscar would never have been able to overcome next year.

What do you think attendance will be next year for the first Big 12 game?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2022, 01:11:11 AM »

Disagree

There is nothing oscar could do to come back with a Top 25 ranking. Nothing.

Attendance at the Iowa St. game was 8000, not 10,000. I was offered multiple tickets to the Oklahoma game, but didn't go. Attendance was 6600 for that game. My four kids and I went to six games, including multiple Big 12 games, and spent a total of $5 to do so. The Iowa St. game you attended was the highest attended game outside of the KU game (only 9700!).

If oscar came back next year, attendance would be even worse. The apathy was something that oscar would never have been able to overcome next year.

What do you think attendance will be next year for the first Big 12 game?

Did you intentionally miss the point that badly? Do you really think that me or anyone else thinks we would have been top 25 if oscar stayed? The point, justwin, is that I don't think the program is worse off, because with the right hire the fans will come back. We're just as fickle now as we were in 2012 as we were in 2004. I saw the occasional sell out even when wooly was here. I know it's the thing to do to act like everything involving K-State is the worst ever, but as long as the next dude wins, we'll be fine.

How many fans will be at the conference opener next year, no rough ridin' idea. Ask me again when I know what the coach is and what will happen in the noncon