Author Topic: Supreme Court Cases Thread  (Read 31486 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Court Cases Thread
« Reply #550 on: June 26, 2022, 04:01:15 PM »
My wife and I spent over $50,000 to be able to have a child. We value life. Stop 1%’ing cases to try and prove your point. Most cases are due to carelessness/laziness and dumb people having sex. Mostly libs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speaking of 1%ing!
:adios:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 26, 2022, 04:02:02 PM »
Lol

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 26, 2022, 04:09:52 PM »
Agreed.  I always thought Miranda was just an evidentiary issue.  I haven’t read the opinion though.

§ 1983

i think they were asking what u could actually sue for if the evidence is thrown out. 
the point is, sometimes the evidence is mistakenly admitted and a person spends time in prison, for which they could (previously) seek compensation (as in the case the Supreme Court heard)

They = Dlew?

In that particular case, the evidence was admitted, though the defendant was acquitted, nonetheless.

I worked on § 1983 cases while clerking at the Solicitor General's office, and the injury can simply be the deprivation of an established right.

I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding your response, so please let me know if that's the case.

yeah that's what i meant.

i thought the guy spent time in prison in the case--must have misread or misremembered

but do people ever recover  anything, under 1983, for deprivation of an established right if they can't point to concrete financial damages?

Economic damages are possible even when concrete injuries do not readily lend themselves to mathematical calculations. The deprivation of an established right is an injury per se. The measure of damages is up to the factfinder--a jury most likely, in a criminal case.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 26, 2022, 04:11:37 PM »
We used my wife’s early inheritance to make it happen. Kinda not funny, guys! I’m disappointed in you two!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 26, 2022, 04:14:17 PM »
Look, if you spent $50k to try and have a kid, you’re 1%ing, just own it. It’s fine
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 26, 2022, 04:33:47 PM »
Look, if you spent $50k to try and have a kid, you’re 1%ing, just own it. It’s fine
Or, if you like, get an "early inheritance"

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 26, 2022, 04:35:28 PM »

Bootstraps, you mean?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 26, 2022, 04:38:33 PM »

Bootstraps, you mean?
I really appreciate you all crap posting about creating life and ending it. #Experts

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 26, 2022, 04:41:28 PM »
People who had college paid for, for their entire life checking in! Especially living in the two most expensive cities in the US. So shunned!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 26, 2022, 04:47:46 PM »
I know someone who was doing IVF and the pregnancy was ectopic and they needed to abort. It was really sad but good thing abortion was an option. (Because it would have killed her)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 26, 2022, 04:49:44 PM »
People who had college paid for, for their entire life checking in! Especially living in the two most expensive cities in the US. So shunned!

Yeah I'm pretty close to a 1%'er if not firmly entrenched. Still owe some student loans though because what's the rush?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 26, 2022, 04:51:24 PM »
I know someone who was doing IVF and the pregnancy was ectopic and they needed to abort. It was really sad but good thing abortion was an option. (Because it would have killed her)

One of my best friends (in Kansas) boned his wife (raw dog; mutual sex tho) and got pregnant. They wanted the kid but suffered a miscarriage. Her doctor was reluctant to perform or refer a service because of the "age" of the fetus. She had to pass it at home. Imagine how traumatizing that is ...

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 26, 2022, 04:52:04 PM »
Congrats on the sex and family funding.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 26, 2022, 04:54:15 PM »
We used my wife’s early inheritance to make it happen. Kinda not funny, guys! I’m disappointed in you two!

Imagine what kind of genetic stud/freak you must be for a woman to fork over that much cash to be impregnated by you. #King
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 26, 2022, 04:56:08 PM »

One of my best friends (in Kansas) boned his wife (raw dog; mutual sex tho) and got pregnant. They wanted the kid but suffered a miscarriage. Her doctor was reluctant to perform or refer a service because of the "age" of the fetus. She had to pass it at home. Imagine how traumatizing that is ...
Please point out the people who don’t think rare cases shouldn’t be treated differently. Let’s point and laugh at them together, bud! I love the idiocy of acting like people are doing it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 26, 2022, 04:57:18 PM »

Imagine what kind of genetic stud/freak you must be for a woman to fork over that much cash to be impregnated by you. #King
Exactly. Learn and work the system.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 26, 2022, 05:01:20 PM »

Please point out the people who don’t think rare cases shouldn’t be treated differently. Let’s point and laugh at them together, bud! I love the idiocy of acting like people are doing it.

I don't think either of those examples are particularly rare

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 26, 2022, 05:06:49 PM »

Here’s a link you wont read that I found in 10 seconds of searching that says Texas’s law could ban medication used to treat miscarriages:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/05/10/1097734167/in-texas-abortion-laws-inhibit-care-for-miscarriages

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 26, 2022, 05:26:51 PM »

Mich according to peer reviewed research1 over 99% of abortions are recreational. There have been less than 30 people worldwide for whom an abortion was medically necessary.

1. He saw a Facebook meme that he shared and some ppl liked his post

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 26, 2022, 05:27:15 PM »
What's this? A discussion about the most controversial Supreme Court decision of my lifetime? Sounds like the perfect opportunity for me to air some of my personal beefs!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 26, 2022, 05:34:06 PM »

Mich according to peer reviewed research1 over 99% of abortions are recreational. There have been less than 30 people worldwide for whom an abortion was medically necessary.

1. He saw a Facebook meme that he shared and some ppl liked his post
You’re seriously weird, bud. Sorry you killed a human in your past life fe

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 26, 2022, 05:41:48 PM »
trying to catch up

SCOTUS totally dunked on Spracs

Nicname has gone full libertarian

Wacky married for money

anything else I miss?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 26, 2022, 05:52:33 PM »
trying to catch up

Wacky married for money

anything else I miss?

I believe you have the measure of it, yes.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 26, 2022, 05:55:56 PM »
trying to catch up

Wacky married for money

anything else I miss?

To be fair I was admittedly drunken edgelording last night. Still, I’ve always leaned pretty hard into libertarianism when it comes to the fed gov. I did go full send for Bernie and later Tulsi in 2016/2020.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 26, 2022, 05:57:52 PM »
trying to catch up

Wacky married for money

anything else I miss?

To be fair I was admittedly drunken edgelording last night. Still, I’ve always leaned pretty hard into libertarianism when it comes to the fed gov. I did go full send for Bernie and later Tulsi in 2016/2020.

I love and appreciate when you edgelord.  :love: