Author Topic: What's your K-State FB outlook?  (Read 11796 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: What's your K-State FB outlook?
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2021, 10:54:52 AM »
I was just reading on the hilarious Prince buyout and completely forgot we extended him going into year 3.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2021, 11:08:37 AM »
Yeah, Prince's buyout was written on a napkin or something.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2021, 11:10:51 AM »
And supported by Bob Kraus's life insurance policy or something

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2021, 11:31:31 AM »
Man those were wild times
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2021, 11:34:16 AM »
I'm just really glad we didn't give Ron an extension when he had a 10-7 record and had just beat #7 Texas.
P5 schools weren’t reaching out to him, trying to get him to jump ship. Remember when Ron beat Texas and then turned around the next week and lost at KU? Lol

That's good to hear P5 schools were reaching out to Klieman. Do you know which ones?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2021, 11:41:47 AM »
CK and prince have lots of similarities

But the Jets never has to give up on D'Brickashaw.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2021, 12:22:59 PM »
I'm just really glad we didn't give Ron an extension when he had a 10-7 record and had just beat #7 Texas.
P5 schools weren’t reaching out to him, trying to get him to jump ship. Remember when Ron beat Texas and then turned around the next week and lost at KU? Lol

That's good to hear P5 schools were reaching out to Klieman. Do you know which ones?
Michigan State was a big one. Rumblings that Iowa was making plans for the next coach as well. I think we had a list somewhere on this board after his first season, of all the schools who envied us by not taking the leap to try him out after his first year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2021, 01:44:39 PM »
Who were the 4 star recruits in his last class?
Daniel Thomas
Daniel Calvin
Ulla Pomele
Aubrey Quarles

He also had 3 4 stars the year before:

Lamark
Gary Chandler
Smoke Patterson

2 before that
Freemaw
James Johnson

Multiple 4 stars in every class.  Obviously they had varying degrees of success, but still, almost all of them (Quarles and Pomele notwithstanding) were relatively high-profile regional recruits. 

Prince's classes (including the 4 stars) were very juco heavy, and included plenty of misses, so not all rainbows and sunshine.  But the point remains that elite regional talent has been willing to come to K-State outside of DOD years.

Isn't this an argument for the importance of evaluation and development over just grabbing all of the stars you can grab?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2021, 11:01:34 PM »
Who were the 4 star recruits in his last class?
Daniel Thomas
Daniel Calvin
Ulla Pomele
Aubrey Quarles

He also had 3 4 stars the year before:

Lamark
Gary Chandler
Smoke Patterson

2 before that
Freemaw
James Johnson

Multiple 4 stars in every class.  Obviously they had varying degrees of success, but still, almost all of them (Quarles and Pomele notwithstanding) were relatively high-profile regional recruits. 

Prince's classes (including the 4 stars) were very juco heavy, and included plenty of misses, so not all rainbows and sunshine.  But the point remains that elite regional talent has been willing to come to K-State outside of DOD years.

Isn't this an argument for the importance of evaluation and development over just grabbing all of the stars you can grab?
I mean both would be good.  But it’s not as if we aren’t trying to get higher rated guys.  It’s just, for the most part, the higher rates guys weve been after are mushing us for Nebraska, Iowa, OSU, Mizzou etc.

and fwiw I don’t think our recruiting has been abysmal.  I just expected it to be better and think it can be better.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2022, 05:07:11 PM »
I think we Skylar 3:16 our way to 9+ wins in 2021.

Bold prediction: Klieman will have us in the Dr. P by the time Rubley graduates.

:gocho:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline konofo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2022, 07:36:02 AM »
I enjoyed re-reading the arguments itt about Michigan being in shambles.  (They're 24-2 since.)

kono

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2022, 07:50:12 AM »
First 23 games: Kli vs. Prince

Prince: 12-11
23rd game: 31-73 LOSS
Ended year 2 on 4 game losing streak (outscored 112-198, average 22pt loss pg)
Bowl record: 0-1

Kli: 12-11
23rd game: 31-69 LOSS
Ended year 2 on 5 game losing streak (outscored 90-203, average 23pt loss pg)

these updates stopped sometime last year too

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2022, 08:20:50 AM »

These are the ones that pissed me off the most.   He clearly wasn't Prince you dumbasses!! :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :curse: :bang:
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2022, 09:44:26 AM »
development and on field coaching is good enough to get us to 6-6 in most normal years.

but the recruiting misses have me pretty certain at this point we won't be in the 9 to 11 regular season win range any time in the next five years.

:D

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2022, 09:55:38 AM »
i mean he walked it back, so i'm not going to hammer him too hard, but MIR really said Iowa was the 2nd best program in the Big 10   :ROFL:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2022, 09:58:12 AM »

They are doing a phenomenal job finding lightly recruited talent that goes under the radar and getting fantastic production out of them early. 

(Vaughn, Portier, Duke are already proven. Warner, Mozee , Aniduke have been mentioned as likely to impress this year) also Devrin Weathers appears to be a really solid pickup for 2021

Outside of Rubley they have gotten their ballsacks tazed off for virtually all their top targets.

2020 Turner Corcoran, Hayden Pauls, Ky Thomas, Daniel Jackson , Sayvion Williams, Ersery, Alex Conn, Jacob Gamble , Yahya Black , Lanell Carr, Korie Black

2021  Devin Neal, Jaylin Noel, Brody Brecht, Thomas Fidone, Beau Stephens, Tyler Maro, Arden Walker , Seth Malcom , Myles Purchase, Matthew Langlois, Beau Freyler
wetwillie nailed Felix

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2022, 12:59:26 PM »
Tell me which Cat football seasons you will rank ahead of this season after the Cats win their next two games and claim the Dr  Pepper + Sugar Bowl. 

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2022, 01:08:37 PM »
Tell me which Cat football seasons you will rank ahead of this season after the Cats win their next two games and claim the Dr  Pepper + Sugar Bowl.

If the cats win the next 2 they’d likely finish in the top 7(6th?)which I think would be tie for the best end of year ranking ever. For me that puts this team up there with the best for me (I didn’t become a fan until tue early 00s though)

2012 was an insane amount of fun w national title hopes late into the season. Didn’t have that this year, but this team has the potential to finish a lot stronger than that team did.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2022, 01:12:54 PM »
lets not forget about the '97 cats. That team was one hot POA that just happened to have the misforunte of being in the same division with the team that won the national championship

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2022, 01:23:46 PM »
yeah 2012 is hard to top because we were incred the entire time. we were ranked #7 before the first game in October!

as it sits now, the 2022 cats are 0-3 against (currently) ranked teams, but agree that this year still has potential to end up with highest ranking ever if we win the last two.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2022, 01:24:34 PM »

If the cats win the next 2 they’d likely finish in the top 7(6th?)which I think would be tie for the best end of year ranking ever. For me that puts this team up there with the best for me (I didn’t become a fan until tue early 00s though)

2012 was an insane amount of fun w national title hopes late into the season. Didn’t have that this year, but this team has the potential to finish a lot stronger than that team did.

lets not forget about the '97 cats. That team was one hot POA that just happened to have the misforunte of being in the same division with the team that won the national championship

1997 ended on a great note, 1998 was a ton of fun during the regular season but the two post-season losses take a lot of the shine off, 2012 was a lot of fun during the regular season but the way it ended was a real dud.

I'm gonna say that this will be the best season if school history if the Cats find a way to win out.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2022, 01:28:54 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2022, 01:41:04 PM »
2012 was more fun on a per game basis, but I don’t think there’s any argument that winning the next 2 would make this the most accomplished season in Cats history.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2022, 01:48:01 PM »

These are the ones that pissed me off the most.   He clearly wasn't Prince you dumbasses!! :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :curse: :bang:

And boy am I glad! Those results were eerily similar  :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2022, 01:52:36 PM »
you can never take this away from me

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/12/year/2012/seasontype/2
Pre-Baylor  :sad:
I gotta say that clenching a Dr Pepper at home did take a lot of the sting out of the Baylor loss. The Fiesta Bowl was an unmitigated disappointment.