Author Topic: What's your K-State FB outlook?  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: What's your K-State FB outlook?
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2021, 10:54:52 AM »
I was just reading on the hilarious Prince buyout and completely forgot we extended him going into year 3.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2021, 11:08:37 AM »
Yeah, Prince's buyout was written on a napkin or something.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2021, 11:10:51 AM »
And supported by Bob Kraus's life insurance policy or something

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2021, 11:31:31 AM »
Man those were wild times
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2021, 11:34:16 AM »
I'm just really glad we didn't give Ron an extension when he had a 10-7 record and had just beat #7 Texas.
P5 schools weren’t reaching out to him, trying to get him to jump ship. Remember when Ron beat Texas and then turned around the next week and lost at KU? Lol

That's good to hear P5 schools were reaching out to Klieman. Do you know which ones?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2021, 11:41:47 AM »
CK and prince have lots of similarities

But the Jets never has to give up on D'Brickashaw.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2021, 12:22:59 PM »
I'm just really glad we didn't give Ron an extension when he had a 10-7 record and had just beat #7 Texas.
P5 schools weren’t reaching out to him, trying to get him to jump ship. Remember when Ron beat Texas and then turned around the next week and lost at KU? Lol

That's good to hear P5 schools were reaching out to Klieman. Do you know which ones?
Michigan State was a big one. Rumblings that Iowa was making plans for the next coach as well. I think we had a list somewhere on this board after his first season, of all the schools who envied us by not taking the leap to try him out after his first year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2021, 01:44:39 PM »
Who were the 4 star recruits in his last class?
Daniel Thomas
Daniel Calvin
Ulla Pomele
Aubrey Quarles

He also had 3 4 stars the year before:

Lamark
Gary Chandler
Smoke Patterson

2 before that
Freemaw
James Johnson

Multiple 4 stars in every class.  Obviously they had varying degrees of success, but still, almost all of them (Quarles and Pomele notwithstanding) were relatively high-profile regional recruits. 

Prince's classes (including the 4 stars) were very juco heavy, and included plenty of misses, so not all rainbows and sunshine.  But the point remains that elite regional talent has been willing to come to K-State outside of DOD years.

Isn't this an argument for the importance of evaluation and development over just grabbing all of the stars you can grab?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2021, 11:01:34 PM »
Who were the 4 star recruits in his last class?
Daniel Thomas
Daniel Calvin
Ulla Pomele
Aubrey Quarles

He also had 3 4 stars the year before:

Lamark
Gary Chandler
Smoke Patterson

2 before that
Freemaw
James Johnson

Multiple 4 stars in every class.  Obviously they had varying degrees of success, but still, almost all of them (Quarles and Pomele notwithstanding) were relatively high-profile regional recruits. 

Prince's classes (including the 4 stars) were very juco heavy, and included plenty of misses, so not all rainbows and sunshine.  But the point remains that elite regional talent has been willing to come to K-State outside of DOD years.

Isn't this an argument for the importance of evaluation and development over just grabbing all of the stars you can grab?
I mean both would be good.  But it’s not as if we aren’t trying to get higher rated guys.  It’s just, for the most part, the higher rates guys weve been after are mushing us for Nebraska, Iowa, OSU, Mizzou etc.

and fwiw I don’t think our recruiting has been abysmal.  I just expected it to be better and think it can be better.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]