Author Topic: The Babylon Bee - The Most Trusted Name in News  (Read 8351 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Babylon Bee - The Most Trusted Name in News
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2023, 08:54:09 AM »
I struggle with using they/them. It just doesn't fit in sentence correctly.

Yeah, that's tough for me, too.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2023, 09:01:35 AM »
Deflectobot.7 . . . do you support murderers and sex offenders who unilaterally declare themselves a member of the opposite sex in order to avoid penalty and imprisonment?

I have no idea what you are talking, but why is that question difficult for you to answer?

Seemed like a pretty straight forward question. But it's a total waste of time to ask you even the simplest of questions. 

Any time a biological man goes out and competes against biological females, I call the man, a man.

Now take a stab at my question . . . for a change.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2023, 09:05:34 AM »
Big Apple Cat . . . part of the cis-gendered women should get to the back of the bus junta that rolls around gE

Expected and #onbrand  :thumbsup:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2023, 09:13:40 AM »
@michigancat the back and forth between seven and dax ITT is a great example of why I don't pit even in discussions I find interesting.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2023, 09:30:10 AM »
@michigancat the back and forth between seven and dax ITT is a great example of why I don't pit even in discussions I find interesting.

yes and I can ignore it (although I am guilty of engaging)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2023, 09:32:27 AM »
Cartierfor3 and #blueanongE - We're only interested in talking with people that fully align with our political and societal dogma  :thumbsup:

When they don't we'll fill thread after thread, page after page  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: about them

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2023, 09:33:15 AM »
The Hershey's thing, meh, they're going for clicks. They want engagement just like Ben Shapiro or whoever is online outraged by it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2023, 09:43:09 AM »
The Hershey's thing, meh, they're going for clicks. They want engagement just like Ben Shapiro or whoever is online outraged by it.

They might be doing it because it's a good business decision to be inclusive. :dunno:

I didn't realize until I watched it but it's specifically a Hershey's Canada ad, might not be good business to be so inclusive in the US. :frown:

You'd think if they were just doing it for clicks it would be a mainstream US thing.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2023, 09:45:38 AM »
It's good marketing because it appeals to one side and the other side is apparently so addicted to candy that they couldn't possibly boycott them, anyway.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2023, 09:48:35 AM »
 :lol: :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2023, 09:49:52 AM »
Candy rules, we can take that to the common ground thread
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2023, 09:59:32 AM »
Anti-woke candy is available for the dax's of the world to enjoy.

https://twitter.com/PrayTheRosary12/status/1631650210509144064?t=r6G_HfbojKFpYI5D-z7fsQ&s=19
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2023, 10:37:40 AM »

Why are you dismissive of the possibility that they believe in inclusion, think it's a good business decision, and believe erasure is wrong? Saying they, or anyone else who is corporate and who truly believes in inclusion, have the same motives as Ben Shapiro, is awfully bleak.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2023, 10:37:47 AM »
@star seed 7 aka proud member of the cis-gendered females go to the back of the bus brigade of #blueanongE

Glad you're always thinking about me.  I don't eat much candy

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2023, 10:44:41 AM »
crusty asked
What are you referring to

There's been multiple cases, but I'm thinking first of the one in California when cis-gendered women complained about the presence of a biological man in their dressing room at a community center, and the cis-gendered woman/women's concern that they were minor children in that dressing room changing in and out of the bathing suits at the same time.  When they tried to voice their concerns and tried to tell their side of the story they were physically attacked and/or basically told to STFU

yet, still no link

Again, it takes a special sauce to have been a part of a movement that at least talked about propping up women a lot, that now regularly tells cis-gendered women to STFU, sit down, suck it up and your concerns are not valid.   :thumbsup:

But these are after all - The Life and Times of #blueanon/#blueanongE . . . the script just writes itself

It's pretty simple dax, and I know you get it. I can love women, I can love black folks, but being a woman or black, or a black woman, or a multi-racial nonbinary pansexual isn't shelter from being a bigot. If anyone is being a bigot, they should, always and forever be told to "STFU, sit down, suck it up and your concerns are not valid." I'm sorry that you think that having a uterus gives someone the right to discriminate against others, most of us here don't share that view.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2023, 11:03:14 AM »

Why are you dismissive of the possibility that they believe in inclusion, think it's a good business decision, and believe erasure is wrong? Saying they, or anyone else who is corporate and who truly believes in inclusion, have the same motives as Ben Shapiro, is awfully bleak.
I’m closer to CF3 on this one. For large corporations, you get more of a sense of what a business’s values are by what they DONT say. All the content they affirmatively put out should be intended to grow the business and benefit the bottom line.

Strictly speaking, that doesn’t HAVE to be the case, but it unnecessarily sets up corporate fiduciaries to scrutiny and challenges if they take actions based on their personal beliefs rather than benefitting the company’s financials.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2023, 12:58:30 PM »
I am pretty cynical about corporations and their motivation being almost completely driven by money.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2023, 01:05:42 PM »
Yeah, no corporation cares at all about social issues. Everything is 100% profit-driven. It is a positive reflection of society if positive messages drive profit, though.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 02:08:09 PM by Rage Against the McKee »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2023, 01:54:40 PM »
crusty asked

There's been multiple cases, but I'm thinking first of the one in California when cis-gendered women complained about the presence of a biological man in their dressing room at a community center, and the cis-gendered woman/women's concern that they were minor children in that dressing room changing in and out of the bathing suits at the same time.  When they tried to voice their concerns and tried to tell their side of the story they were physically attacked and/or basically told to STFU

yet, still no link

Again, it takes a special sauce to have been a part of a movement that at least talked about propping up women a lot, that now regularly tells cis-gendered women to STFU, sit down, suck it up and your concerns are not valid.   :thumbsup:

But these are after all - The Life and Times of #blueanon/#blueanongE . . . the script just writes itself

It's pretty simple dax, and I know you get it. I can love women, I can love black folks, but being a woman or black, or a black woman, or a multi-racial nonbinary pansexual isn't shelter from being a bigot. If anyone is being a bigot, they should, always and forever be told to "STFU, sit down, suck it up and your concerns are not valid." I'm sorry that you think that having a uterus gives someone the right to discriminate against others, most of us here don't share that view.

Cis-gendered women protecting their privacy in the most intimate of spaces, and cis-gendered women looking out for minor children are not bigots.

Only absolute whack-a-doos think this, and the whack-a-doos who want to force their agenda on these women are absolutely the worst of the worst.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2023, 02:02:36 PM »
crusty asked

yet, still no link

Cis-gendered women protecting their privacy in the most intimate of spaces, and cis-gendered women looking out for minor children are not bigots.

Only absolute whack-a-doos think this, and the whack-a-doos who want to force their agenda on these women are absolutely the worst of the worst.

Still no link

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2023, 02:09:40 PM »
crusty asked

yet, still no link

Still no link

It's was discussed on this blog when it happened.  You missed it as always.

https://www.feministcurrent.com/2022/08/28/julie-jaman-asked-a-man-to-leave-the-womens-change-room-and-was-banned-from-her-community-pool/

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2023, 02:10:17 PM »
What on earth does a trans-person on a Hershey bar advertisement have to do with trans people in locker rooms, anyway? Some school let a trans person change in the girls' locker room, so now trans people can't be in commercials?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2023, 02:13:18 PM »
There's no need to get into, all the cis-gendered males on this blog want their feelings and beliefs affirmed and re-affirmed. 

Cis-Gendered females in private spaces and intimate places  who feel unsafe and/or who don't want to compete against biological males in sports can go eff themselves . . . #blueanongE

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2023, 02:13:35 PM »
I’m closer to CF3 on this one. For large corporations, you get more of a sense of what a business’s values are by what they DONT say. All the content they affirmatively put out should be intended to grow the business and benefit the bottom line.

Strictly speaking, that doesn’t HAVE to be the case, but it unnecessarily sets up corporate fiduciaries to scrutiny and challenges if they take actions based on their personal beliefs rather than benefitting the company’s financials.

I am pretty cynical about corporations and their motivation being almost completely driven by money.

Yeah, no corporation cares at all about social issues. Everything is 100% profit-driven. It is a positive reflection of society of positive messages drive profit, though.

Yeah, the thing is that it makes great business sense to champion inclusivity, they are far from mutually exclusive. Cynicism about motivations be damned, intentionality when it comes to inclusion should be rewarded because there are still way too few corporations actually committed to doing it. Hershey's shouldn't feel shame for making money for putting a trans woman on their candy bars, their competitors should feel shamed that Hershey's have the ability to capitalize on inclusion. Let's be real though, candy bars isn't something that's going to change consumption habits, they'll sell these particular bars out and will quickly, but trans people and their allies with a Dove habit aren't going to start woofing down Hershey's bars.