Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1069220 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #19825 on: December 20, 2021, 11:43:41 AM »
Great work here (not from the booing crowd obviously)  :thumbs:

https://twitter.com/NoSpinNews/status/1472934353583984641

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19826 on: December 20, 2021, 11:44:51 AM »
yes great job by Donald there!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19827 on: December 20, 2021, 12:17:15 PM »
Being chip'd and boosted and thus knowing that getting covid will be mild symptoms and also in turn doing more normal stuff means way more of the "hangover or covid" game.
I’m having a hard time figuring out when I got Covid because it was obviously in Vegas but I was hungover or drunk the entirety of it and now can’t decide when those symptoms flipped for certain. and in doing some monday morning non medical doctor quarterbacking I've got to imagine the strain I was putting on my body that is too old for these 20 year old shenanigans was probably opening the door wide open to any strains of covid out there, vaxxed or not.

Also, update: feel pretty decent now. almost 100%. honestly if I didn't know I had Covid a couple days ago I'd say I was 100% if someone asked. pretty mad Christmas plans are cancelled though. and really hoping the rest of my family doesn’t get it to lengthen that into new year plans.

I'm picking up an at-home test from walgreens shortly; I feel exactly as I should after pak'n way too late friday and with the temperature drop and being outside quite a bit yesterday and pounding a few more beers during that, but I have no rough ridin' idea what covid symptoms are anymore for superchip'd.  Unfortunately, I got a buddy flying here tonight for no reason but to get delta (airlines!) status for the year, and I can't get a full test until tomorrow and thus results until after he'd already be gone (and after more pak'n).  Looks like the at-home comes as a 2-pack so I can make him take the other one upon arrival.  :dunno:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19829 on: December 20, 2021, 12:53:32 PM »
lmao at during the whole thing the only cheers he got were for no mandates. Great job by Trump there though.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19830 on: December 20, 2021, 12:58:16 PM »
well he's got more balls than desantis, that's for sure

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19831 on: December 20, 2021, 01:03:44 PM »

I'm picking up an at-home test from walgreens shortly; I feel exactly as I should after pak'n way too late friday and with the temperature drop and being outside quite a bit yesterday and pounding a few more beers during that, but I have no rough ridin' idea what covid symptoms are anymore for superchip'd.  Unfortunately, I got a buddy flying here tonight for no reason but to get delta (airlines!) status for the year, and I can't get a full test until tomorrow and thus results until after he'd already be gone (and after more pak'n).  Looks like the at-home comes as a 2-pack so I can make him take the other one upon arrival.  :dunno:

you can trust the rapid test.  if it comes out negative there is almost no chance that you are infectious.

make sure you look carefully at the bar, though.  faint is still positive.

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1471493781073530882

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19832 on: December 20, 2021, 01:16:04 PM »
you can trust the rapid test.  if it comes out negative there is almost no chance that you are infectious.

Turns out none of the websites are updated as to availability, including the one where I paid in advance to go pick it up.  Sold out ever-y-where.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19833 on: December 20, 2021, 01:25:15 PM »
Good on Trump. Will hopefully have an impact. Should also spur on some "Trump has been bought/Trump has been replaced by a cyborg" Q-type fantasies that should be good for some laughs.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19834 on: December 20, 2021, 01:35:27 PM »
Turns out none of the websites are updated as to availability, including the one where I paid in advance to go pick it up.  Sold out ever-y-where.

that sucks.

i bought a couple a few days ago.  maybe i should have bought more.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19836 on: December 20, 2021, 02:03:19 PM »

that sucks.

i bought a couple a few days ago.  maybe i should have bought more.

Can't even do an administered rapid test anywhere around here in the next few days.  I went ahead and scheduled a full-blown test for Thursday afternoon after I'll have had more exposure and can maybe catch anything going back to when my hangover started this last weekend.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19837 on: December 20, 2021, 02:10:38 PM »

I for sure had Covid and symptoms and took one Saturday and it was negative and then continued to feel shitty and Sunday positive :dunno:

could be confusing "have covid" with "infectious" here though I guess.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #19838 on: December 20, 2021, 02:12:12 PM »

https://twitter.com/NoSpinNews/status/1472983120601403400

I particularly liked this line.
I despise him less after watching that.

Still lying like crazy. There is no way the vaccine was going to take 5-12 years under normal circumstances.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19839 on: December 20, 2021, 02:18:53 PM »
I for sure had Covid and symptoms and took one Saturday and it was negative and then continued to feel shitty and Sunday positive :dunno:

yeah, look at the embedded tweet for how quickly it can change.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #19840 on: December 20, 2021, 02:25:51 PM »

yeah, look at the embedded tweet for how quickly it can change.
I know, but I was full fledged symptomatic. Can I still not spread it with fever and chills possibly? I’m not questioning the accuracy, just seems weird to my non sciencey brain.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19841 on: December 20, 2021, 02:30:50 PM »
For you all getting these breakthrough infections, did it "feel" different than a normal cold?  What is the guidance for anybody testing positive but vaxxed/boosted how fast they can safely be back around people?  As soon as you test negative?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19842 on: December 20, 2021, 02:33:44 PM »
For you all getting these breakthrough infections, did it "feel" different than a normal cold?  What is the guidance for anybody testing positive but vaxxed/boosted how fast they can safely be back around people?  As soon as you test negative?

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/12/omicron-breakthrough-vaccine-testing/621014/

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19843 on: December 20, 2021, 02:49:59 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/12/omicron-breakthrough-vaccine-testing/621014/

yeah it's absurd

If you do test positive, you should alert your local public-health authority so they can initiate contact tracing, Chin-Hong said. Many testing sites do this automatically, but at-home tests, of course, do not. The CDC advises that after confirming your infection, you should start isolating right away, but unless you are asymptomatic, the first day of symptoms is technically what counts as the start of your 10 days of isolation. I learned the hard way that you aren’t supposed to “test out” of isolation, when a physician assistant yelled at me for getting tested after feeling better on day seven. She said I was putting others at risk, although the CDC guidance didn’t specifically say not to get tested. Explaining that I would have to isolate regardless of the outcome, she never told me my result.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19844 on: December 20, 2021, 03:01:23 PM »

He is definitely running again and needs those trump counties to obey while there are still enough to maybe swing a state.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19845 on: December 20, 2021, 03:06:06 PM »
I know, but I was full fledged symptomatic. Can I still not spread it with fever and chills possibly? I’m not questioning the accuracy, just seems weird to my non sciencey brain.

seems weird to me too.  dunno.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19846 on: December 20, 2021, 03:15:34 PM »
Testing shortages/supply shortagaes now starting to matriculate across the country.    Expected more from the administration that was going to kick Covid's Ass.

“We didn't see Delta coming…We didn't see Omicron coming. And that's the nature of what this, this awful virus has been, which as it turns out, has mutations and variants.”

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19847 on: December 20, 2021, 03:19:22 PM »
Ridiculous. We should be sending every household supplies of cheap tests. 10 bucks per test is insanity

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19848 on: December 20, 2021, 03:31:05 PM »

yes, I never get aches and chills from a normal cold. I got them here for about 36 hours. closer to the flu but not a full blown one. more than a cold but less than the flu. that was my experience.

10 days according to the cdc

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile