Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1069954 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kdub, answer this honestly (other resident trump voters feel free to answer as well). Would you work for a person exactly like trump? Would you hire a person exactly like trump?

Would I work the president? Absolutely. Would I work for him in my current capacity? No. Would I hire him? No. He doesn't fit my line of work. I'm an attorney.

You're absolutely no fun when you're backed into a corner to defend this clown. We both know you would stay as far away from him in business as you could.

You may have misunderstood my answer because I think I conceded what you were looking for. I wouldn’t want to work for Trump, or have him work for me, because the legal profession is (or should be) premised firmly in fact and law. Trump would be a terrible lawyer (and I’ve seen plenty of terrible lawyers). But Trump isn’t a lawyer. He’s a businessman turned politician. So I’m not sure what point you were trying to make, but I think I conceded what you want. I am not a blind Trump defender (there’s a thread somewhere where I’ve detailed my criticisms). I defend him against stupid attacks, of which there are many.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Get in on this if you can

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/missouri-sues-china-coronavirus-pandemic-70268638

Missouri gonna Missouri

SMDH

They toook our jaabs!!
Do you agree or disagree with the lawsuit (disregarding whether it will be successful or not) - and why?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
I don't fight criticism of him not preparing our country to fight this an unfair attack. He sure doesn't seem to care to share that criticism with everybody else when it's focused on him for questions like "where are the millions of tests you'd aid we'd have a month ago" for example.

I know you hold leaders to a higher standard than that.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Kdub, answer this honestly (other resident trump voters feel free to answer as well). Would you work for a person exactly like trump? Would you hire a person exactly like trump?

Would I work the president? Absolutely. Would I work for him in my current capacity? No. Would I hire him? No. He doesn't fit my line of work. I'm an attorney.

You're absolutely no fun when you're backed into a corner to defend this clown. We both know you would stay as far away from him in business as you could.

You may have misunderstood my answer because I think I conceded what you were looking for. I wouldn’t want to work for Trump, or have him work for me, because the legal profession is (or should be) premised firmly in fact and law. Trump would be a terrible lawyer (and I’ve seen plenty of terrible lawyers). But Trump isn’t a lawyer. He’s a businessman turned politician. So I’m not sure what point you were trying to make, but I think I conceded what you want. I am not a blind Trump defender (there’s a thread somewhere where I’ve detailed my criticisms). I defend him against stupid attacks, of which there are many.

That you took the question as profession specific to duck answering it. Does trump have the qualities you would look for in a boss or employee? We both know the answer is no (to any business that is legitimate). So the obvious next question is why do you stan for him and pretend he's some magnificent leader? Yeah yeah, you'll just say you're trolling, but have some respect for yourself and your country dude.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I watched that eyepatch guy, was pretty hilarous that his closing was that trump's just an optimistic guy and a calm leader when he says "I've gotta hunch that this will be gone by april". oh and did he mention he mentioned that in the book?

Well, since most won't watch the video I'll post the transcript of the part you are referencing - just to show what an ass you are being.

Maher: I don't understand how someone with your resume - you were in Fallujah for God's sakes - would you want someone a a  commander to say that to you, to blame everybody else if something goes wrong and then just say "you know I have a hunch the enemy's not going to be in there but let's attack."

Crenshaw: Sure, no, I understand that, so here's how I would describe my answer to that: when bullets are flying past my head, I don't need to raise my voice. I write about this in my book, too, calm breeds calm, panic breeds panic. Um, you know, being an optimistic... excusing positivity and calmness in crisis is exactly how we ask our SEALs to lead.

As a decorate war hero yourself, Rusty, do you disagree?

I disagree that Trump has ever been an example of a leader who is positive and calm. I'm not sure if Trump has been optimistic, but I'd prefer a leader who is realistic or even cautious rather than irrationally optimistic during a pandemic, or a war

Ok - so Rusty disagrees with the SEALs about what the importance of confidence and optimism to leadership. Noted. I guess you would say the same for FDR. Sure wish we had been second-guessing every action back then, too. Would have worked out swell and our country sure would be the better for it.

As Crenshaw notes in another portion of the interview most of you won't watch, this current whining is consistent with the liberal theme of losing their crap over things Trump says - often to pump up confidence - as opposed to his actual actions.

FDR: "December 7th, 1941...a day that wasn't so bad.  The Japanese will probably disappear.  We are in complete control."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/missouri-sues-china-coronavirus-pandemic-70268638

Missouri gonna Missouri

SMDH

They toook our jaabs!!
Do you agree or disagree with the lawsuit (disregarding whether it will be successful or not) - and why?

It's a fruitless endeavor, it needs no further explanation.   I'd like to think the MAG has better things to do. 

This issue needs to be taken up on a national and international level.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Reposting because this may have been overlooked while Rusty was debating good leadership traits with the Navy SEAL.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/colorado-governor-will-let-stay-at-home-order-expire-on-monday-as-some-businesses-begin-to-reopen

Colorado will start rolling back its statewide stay-at-home order on April 27. Kansas's order is in effect until at least May 3.

As of today,* Colorado has 449 deaths (78/MM) and 10,106 confirmed cases (1,755/MM). Kansas has 107 deaths (36.7/MM) and 2,025 (695/MM).

Kelly was the first governor in the nation to shut down schools through the end of the school year. If she does not likewise extend the stay-at-home order through the same time period, this might call into question her earlier decision, perhaps justifiably so. I hope this is not an influencing factor.

*assuming these numbers are accurate, and the probably aren't, but hopefully they are at least somewhat equally flawed.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
When does school end? I honestly don't know, but I'm assuming second week of May?

Schools are supposed to still be shut down during the next phase of opening anyway, so I'm not sure your gotcha is as strong as you think it is.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Dub gives the president of the USA all the leash he wants and praises his "optimism" but if the governor of Kansas May dates to square with school being out sense by a week you better believe he will be here to hold her feet to the fire. It's all part of his fair and balanced approach. He even has a thread somewhere where he was kind of critical of trump.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dub gives the president of the USA all the leash he wants and praises his "optimism" but if the governor of Kansas May dates to square with school being out sense by a week you better believe he will be here to hold her feet to the fire. It's all part of his fair and balanced approach. He even has a thread somewhere where he was kind of critical of trump.

Phil:  Weaving and bobbing his way through Federalism

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I watched that eyepatch guy, was pretty hilarous that his closing was that trump's just an optimistic guy and a calm leader when he says "I've gotta hunch that this will be gone by april". oh and did he mention he mentioned that in the book?

You don't even have to watch this, just look at the background  :lol:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1251526650279452672

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hey, do you guys think one book is enough? No? Hmm, ok let's throw the flag in the corner and stick another book on my right

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Phil:  Weaving and bobbing his way through Federalism

Should always hold our president to the lowest expectations of any level of leadership. Mayor Quinton Lucas in KC making trump look like a fool and he can't even sleep off a buzz in Lawrence without getting popped.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Hey, do you guys think one book is enough? No? Hmm, ok let's throw the flag in the corner and stick another book on my right

lol. I will bet bqqkiepimp $50 that he totally pulled that flag off his porch flagpole thingy and stuck it in the corner for the interview.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When does school end? I honestly don't know, but I'm assuming second week of May?

Schools are supposed to still be shut down during the next phase of opening anyway, so I'm not sure your gotcha is as strong as you think it is.

I think I’m Wichita it went until the 23rd. And not a gotcha - I legit hope that isn’t influencing her decision re the stay-at-home order. It’s interesting to me that Colorado (Dem gov, worse numbers) is ahead of Kelly on this.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

I think I’m Wichita it went until the 23rd. And not a gotcha - I legit hope that isn’t influencing her decision re the stay-at-home order. It’s interesting to me that Colorado (Dem gov, worse numbers) is ahead of Kelly on this.

Doesn't seem like much is happening in CO until may 1st. The stores that do open before then are pretty limited in crowds.

https://www.cpr.org/2020/04/21/colorado-will-shift-from-stay-at-home-to-safe-at-home-heres-what-that-looks-like-as-the-state-slowly-reopens/

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Missouri gonna Missouri

SMDH

They toook our jaabs!!

It's a fruitless endeavor, it needs no further explanation.   I'd like to think the MAG has better things to do. 

This issue needs to be taken up on a national and international level.

I didn't ask if it was fruitless, I asked if you agreed with it.

Do you agree with the lawsuit?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
This thread really blew up today. Any new breakthroughs or news, or just political dumbassery?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Eye patch guy is selling a book. He really, REALLY, needs you to buy it.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
So he was taking it seriously while saying it's a hoax? That's a bit of a stretch even for Herr dax of the trump propaganda defense league.

He was calling the Democratic response in him not taking it seriously a hoax.   

You obviously didn't read the article I posted, because it runs counter to what your leaders tell you to believe and to say, like a little parrot boy.

Useful Idiot:  Thy name is LibDork .9

SMDH, sad

I think we can all agree it was not a good run of words together for him, but that's no different than any of his rallies.  His followers don't really care what he says anyways. 

He has way bigger sins in this COVID-19 vent than using the word hoax at a rally, we can all agree with that.

We should all be able to agree that Trump, and all our elected leaders, have made mistakes.

We should all be able to agree that Trump was "warned" of this virus just as he was likely warned of hundreds of threats that never came to pass.

We should all be able to agree that Trump downplayed the severity of the virus, just like many democrats and the media but I repeat myself did the same exact thing.

We should all be able to agree that our elected leaders were making decisions based upon questionable information from China, the WHO, and other agenices, questionable and incomplete data, and the speculative models resulting therefrom.

We should all be able to agree that we ought to extend our elected leaders a little bit of grace in these situations, understanding that in light of such crappy information they had to plan for the worst. But we should also all be able to agree that our elected leaders have taken actions guided by political considerations.

There's a lot of things we whould be able to agree upon. Instead it's non-stop political sniping. "Oooh but Trump does it, too." Trump's finger-pointing is mainly to point out the hypocrisy of his critics. And to deservedly point the finger at China and the WHO.

Have any of you actually watched the Crenshaw vid I posted? You should watch it. He covers this pretty effectively.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1251644816611573760

I agree with these points

(did not watch eye patch guy tho)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
eyepatch guy is going to have a competitive race in 2020.  unless i get unemployed by cov2 beforehand i'm going to be sending some of my predictit money to his challenger (she's a beto acolyte, so it's an easy choice).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Latest update showing "safe to lift restrictions" and go to containment (if state is even ready to do that) for most states way into June

http://www.healthdata.org/covid/updates

Seems late.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Latest update showing "safe to lift restrictions" and go to containment (if state is even ready to do that) for most states way into June

http://www.healthdata.org/covid/updates

Seems late.

This suggests that Georgia may be re-opening just a little prematurely

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
This thread really blew up today. Any new breakthroughs or news, or just political dumbassery?

93% dumbassery