Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1069767 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/colorado-governor-will-let-stay-at-home-order-expire-on-monday-as-some-businesses-begin-to-reopen

Colorado will start rolling back its statewide stay-at-home order on April 27. Kansas's order is in effect until at least May 3.

As of today,* Colorado has 449 deaths (78/MM) and 10,106 confirmed cases (1,755/MM). Kansas has 107 deaths (36.7/MM) and 2,025 (695/MM).

Kelly was the first governor in the nation to shut down schools through the end of the school year. If she does not likewise extend the stay-at-home order through the same time period, this might call into question her earlier decision, perhaps justifiably so. I hope this is not an influencing factor.

*assuming these numbers are accurate, and the probably aren't, but hopefully they are at least somewhat equally flawed.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I watched that eyepatch guy, was pretty hilarous that his closing was that trump's just an optimistic guy and a calm leader when he says "I've gotta hunch that this will be gone by april". oh and did he mention he mentioned that in the book?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

We should all be able to agree that we ought to extend our elected leaders a little bit of grace in these situations, understanding that in light of such crappy information they had to plan for the worst. But we should also all be able to agree that our elected leaders have taken actions guided by political considerations.

There's a lot of things we whould be able to agree upon. Instead it's non-stop political sniping. "Oooh but Trump does it, too." Trump's finger-pointing is mainly to point out the hypocrisy of his critics. And to deservedly point the finger at China and the WHO.

Agree with most of your statements but not these two.  in the first there is no way in hell you can say Trump planned for the worst in this situation.  He was making jokes at rallies about it into March.  He in no way should have even been having rallies if he was planning for the worst.  We didn't get our ducks in a row when we had the chance.  That wasn't planning for the worst.

In the 2nd, Trump's finger pointing is almost exclusively to push the blame off of himself.  "obama didn't have testing system setup", "WHO gave us bad info", "governors didn't have their crap together", "media is blowing this up", "this will all go away in the summer", "such a nasty question" "stockpiles are empty" etc. etc.  All paraphrasing of different excuses he made to very specific questions about why we didn't have testing together sooner, why are there delays in our national plan to this, etc. etc.  He can only go back to one thing, he did a partial stop of people coming in from China.  That's it.  It wasn't enough.  He in none of those situations is point out hypocrisy, he is only trying to get the blame off of his lap.  Tune in right now and see him do it again.

Re your first point, watch the video. Crenshaw addresses that. Namely, had Trump shut down the economy back when only had a couple hundred deaths people - Dems included - would have lost their crap. It's a dumb talking point.

Re your second point, I agree Trump does a lot of finger pointing at others (I would also agree, as I've frequently said, that Trump is by and large an obnoxious bad person). But, uh, China and the WHO deserve a LOT of blame.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
That eye patch guy is the one Pete Davidson made fun of for his eye, without knowing he lost his eye in a war for us. It was good crap.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is it better to have one eye and an eye patch or both eyes except they look like buttholes?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
That eye patch guy is the one Pete Davidson made fun of for his eye, without knowing he lost his eye in a war for us. It was good crap.

Is that the one that when Pete found out about the eye he went on national television and apologized and basically ate crow then invited the guy on SNL and made him a star?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Yeah and then later on his Netflix special he said he regrets making that guy famous. :lol: Amazing what some people will do to keep their job.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I watched that eyepatch guy, was pretty hilarous that his closing was that trump's just an optimistic guy and a calm leader when he says "I've gotta hunch that this will be gone by april". oh and did he mention he mentioned that in the book?

Well, since most won't watch the video I'll post the transcript of the part you are referencing - just to show what an ass you are being.

Maher: I don't understand how someone with your resume - you were in Fallujah for God's sakes - would you want someone a a  commander to say that to you, to blame everybody else if something goes wrong and then just say "you know I have a hunch the enemy's not going to be in there but let's attack."

Crenshaw: Sure, no, I understand that, so here's how I would describe my answer to that: when bullets are flying past my head, I don't need to raise my voice. I write about this in my book, too, calm breeds calm, panic breeds panic. Um, you know, being an optimistic... excuding positivity and calmness in crisis is exactly how we ask our SEALs to lead.

As a decorate war hero yourself, Rusty, do you disagree?

To everyone else who isn't a complete chode, you should watch the video in it's entirety. Crenshaw makes a lot of very reasonable points. It isn't all that often when Maher is utterly shut down (and kudos to him for being one of the few libs who isn't afriad to bring on conservative guests for fair and robust debates). That's pretty much what happens here.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 04:28:45 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
It's absolutely a ridiculous comparison to the trump quote given and to trump's demeanor overall.  Stop with this charade kdub, good grief.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Well, since most won't watch the video I'll post the transcript of the part you are referencing - just to show what an ass you are being.

Maher: I don't understand how someone with your resume - you were in Fallujah for God's sakes - would you want someone a a  commander to say that to you, to blame everybody else if something goes wrong and then just say "you know I have a hunch the enemy's not going to be in there but let's attack."

Crenshaw: Sure, no, I understand that, so here's how I would describe my answer to that: when bullets are flying past my head, I don't need to raise my voice. I write about this in my book, too, calm breeds calm, panic breeds panic. Um, you know, being an optimistic... excusing positivity and calmness in crisis is exactly how we ask our SEALs to lead.

I disagree that Trump has ever been an example of a leader who is positive and calm. I'm not sure if Trump has been optimistic, but I'd prefer a leader who is realistic or even cautious rather than irrationally optimistic during a pandemic, or a war

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

absolutely amaze

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Crenshaw: Sure, no, I understand that, so here's how I would describe my answer to that: when bullets are flying past my head, I don't need to raise my voice. I write about this in my book, too, calm breeds calm, panic breeds panic. Um, you know, being an optimistic... excusing positivity and calmness in crisis is exactly how we ask our SEALs to lead.

I disagree that Trump has ever been an example of a leader who is positive and calm. I'm not sure if Trump has been optimistic, but I'd prefer a leader who is realistic or even cautious rather than irrationally optimistic during a pandemic, or a war

Ok - so Rusty disagrees with the SEALs about what the importance of confidence and optimism to leadership. Noted. I guess you would say the same for FDR. Sure wish we had been second-guessing every action back then, too. Would have worked out swell and our country sure would be the better for it.

As Crenshaw notes in another portion of the interview most of you won't watch, this current whining is consistent with the liberal theme of losing their crap over things Trump says - often to pump up confidence - as opposed to his actual actions.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Kdub, answer this honestly (other resident trump voters feel free to answer as well). Would you work for a person exactly like trump? Would you hire a person exactly like trump?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kdub, answer this honestly (other resident trump voters feel free to answer as well). Would you work for a person exactly like trump? Would you hire a person exactly like trump?

Would I work for the President of the United States? Absolutely. I'd say the sme for Obama or any other POTUS. Would I work for him in my current capacity? No. Would I hire him? No. He doesn't fit my line of work. I'm an attorney.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Ok - so Rusty disagrees with the SEALs about what the importance of confidence and optimism to leadership. Noted. I guess you would say the same for FDR. Sure wish we had been second-guessing every action back then, too. Would have worked out swell and our country sure would be the better for it.

As Crenshaw notes in another portion of the interview most of you won't watch, this current whining is consistent with the liberal theme of losing their crap over things Trump says - often to pump up confidence - as opposed to his actual actions.

I personally think Crenshaw is MAGA grifter first, Navy SEAL second (or third)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I personally think Crenshaw is MAGA grifter first, Navy SEAL second (or third)

Quoting for posterity. Ridiculing a war hero as MAGA (by the way, he isn't and has often criticized Trump on foreign policy). What an ass.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Would I work the president? Absolutely. Would I work for him in my current capacity? No. Would I hire him? No. He doesn't fit my line of work. I'm an attorney.

You're absolutely no fun when you're backed into a corner to defend this clown. We both know you would stay as far away from him in business as you could.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
LRDIQ here, but is there a vertical sliver of daylight peeking through down where Trump's legs would be? Is that a mistake, or is it some cool presidential hidden compartment?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile

Would I work for the President of the United States? Absolutely. I'd say the sme for Obama or any other POTUS. Would I work for him in my current capacity? No. Would I hire him? No. He doesn't fit my line of work. I'm an attorney.

Hopefully you are better IRL about presenting evidence and facts than you are on here.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
LRDIQ here, but is there a vertical sliver of daylight peeking through down where Trump's legs would be? Is that a mistake, or is it some cool presidential hidden compartment?

Your eyes do not deceive you. That's the Lewinsky Entrance.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Have you not watched any of the National Treasure movies?
@mikec2w

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Coronavirus has so far been treated in hospitals worldwide as one disease and patients receive the same treatment regardless of the strain. It has been suggested by the team at Zhejiang University that defining mutations in different regions may change the way we approach combating the virus.

Not peer reviewed, but may explain why some treatments don't work for some.   Reading the weird draconian death cult cheering by some at the news that HQ didn't work, based on one particular study only affirmed that some are actually rooting for the virus because OrangeMan bad. 

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Coronavirus-has-mutated-into-at-least-30-different-strains-new-study-finds-625333

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

I'd say you're better than this dax, but you aren't.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'd say you're better than this dax, but you aren't.

WTF does that have to do with anything?

Shouldn't you be working TexAgs right now?