Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1071645 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks China (and Canada) . . . Topic: CoronaVirus!
« Reply #3150 on: April 03, 2020, 01:24:52 PM »
:dunno:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1246060483716755456?s=20

This talking point was discussed and slapped away a month ago, same stupid crap dax and ksuw tried before this was proven moronic and they disappeared, you're a month behind that, congrats.

My God maybe the Governor of Georgia wasn't lying about not knowing how COVID is spread until Wednesday. These MAGA idiots just may be this dumb, I guess that's what happens when you only read and listen to MAGA sources.

Congrats to you and all the other groupthinkers here that are totally missing the point...

Covid-19 is about 10% of the pandemic that H1N1 was, yet we didn't get the mass hysteria for that.  Why not?

Its actually a very simple explanation, but lost on most of you.  HINT:  Its NOT that the people that contracted H1N1 just died peacefully at home and didn't seek medical attention en masse during that virus attack.

Dummy, the simple explanation is that those H1N1 numbers are over an extended period of time and the COVID numbers are all at once. It's comparing a leaky faucet to a water main break. This doesn't even take into account the fact that you could take tamiflu to lessen the effect of H1N1, there's nothing for COVID. Or the difference in transmission rate. In 2009 I lived in a place that had 23 H1N1 cases in a community of about 300 people, we didn't practice distancing and I was not afraid me, my wife, or my infant daughter were at any risk of contracting H1N1. H1N1 didn't have bodies piling up in corners because of the rate of people dying. If this goes on unchecked as long as it took to accumulate those H1N1 numbers, the comparison will be ugly.

Again this is common sense stuff, but you Q people have rotten brains, so not getting these basic concepts is totally understandable.

Please list the start and end dates of the H1N1 numbers so that we can get a more accurate comparison. 

It's a HUGE stretch to lump me in with the "Q people".  I'll admit to at least being open minded to the fact that everything is not as you groupthinkers are fed by CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc., however I'm far from being a "QAnon".

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Thanks... I was just about to quote the exact same stats.  Looks like Corona might have a chance to tie, or maybe surpass when it's all said and done this year. 

Should be close.

I think the pigs can hold 'em off though.

Corona will pass the yearly H1N1 toll by 5th month.

We need to thank Obama for the way he held h1N1 down

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bears are fast...

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 03, 2020, 01:27:01 PM »
Bqqkie, any further comment on the earth being flat?

Like a pizza, bro!!   Next time I'm in MHK, ask me to tell you the story of the time we almost sailed off the edge while deep sea fishing...   SCARY as eff.

:runaway:
bears are fast...

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 03, 2020, 01:30:19 PM »
Sigh.
https://twitter.com/kat__stafford/status/1245797231401283584

https://twitter.com/KidadaEWilliams/status/1246095664792158208
Wiki says Detroit is 82% black.  If that's where the hotspot in Michigan is, that could explain the disproportion.

Historically, pandemics have always ravaged cities, regardless of who lives there. It would be interesting to contrast Michigan's data with South Carolina's data (for example), where are larger proportion of the African American population lives in rural areas.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 03, 2020, 01:34:14 PM »
Might want to just mentally prepare yourself for a lot of bad news over the next 2 weeks, bookie.

No, thanks...  I'm preparing myself for the good news that'll be coming soon.

As with all things, this too shall pass.  I'm just not convinced that the apocolypse is upon us.

There are huge gaps between what you are trying to sell us is going on, actually whats happening, and an apocalypse.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 03, 2020, 01:43:55 PM »
Sigh.

Wiki says Detroit is 82% black.  If that's where the hotspot in Michigan is, that could explain the disproportion.

Historically, pandemics have always ravaged cities, regardless of who lives there. It would be interesting to contrast Michigan's data with South Carolina's data (for example), where are larger proportion of the African American population lives in rural areas.

Exactly, social distancing has socioeconomic limits. The greatest example of this are the people being shamed for riding on the NYC subways. Where exactly do people think those trains are being ridden to? These people have to work.

I know denser, poorer areas are always going to be more at risk during epidemics. What I don't know, and what I'm slightly afraid of, is if certain genetic makeups are more at risk for adverse reactions to the virus. Unlike bookie, I'm not an epidemiologist, I don't know how this virus works.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 03, 2020, 01:48:13 PM »
Might want to just mentally prepare yourself for a lot of bad news over the next 2 weeks, bookie.

As with all things, this too shall pass.  I'm just not convinced that the apocolypse is upon us.

Trusting your gut, eh?

Nah, Dr. Fauci told me not to worry...

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1246060637748330496?s=20

Luckily, Dr. Fauci isn't a complete dipshit and he's able to change his opinions based on new evidence. Nothing worse than a person who is too thick to be convinced their dated, incomplete opinion has can't become obsolete weigh l with a new data set.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 03, 2020, 01:51:34 PM »
Sigh.

Exactly, social distancing has socioeconomic limits. The greatest example of this are the people being shamed for riding on the NYC subways. Where exactly do people think those trains are being ridden to? These people have to work.

I know denser, poorer areas are always going to be more at risk during epidemics. What I don't know, and what I'm slightly afraid of, is if certain genetic makeups are more at risk for adverse reactions to the virus. Unlike bookie, I'm not an epidemiologist, I don't know how this virus works.

Possibly, there has been some chatter about certain blood types being more susceptible than others
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 03, 2020, 01:55:17 PM »
Not necessarily race, but I do expect it will also disproportionately impact poorer areas that are more densely populated (such as apartments) and include more people living under the same roof.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 03, 2020, 02:17:50 PM »

There are huge gaps between what you are trying to sell us is going on, actually whats happening, and an apocalypse.

Here's the thing... I ain't trying to "sell" anybody anything about what's going on, because I know about as much as any of the rest of you which "isn't much".

The projections on both sides are likely about as accurate as a kellyinvegas weekend football prognostication to be fair, and as such the truth probably lies somewhere between the apocolypse and "all clear".  So, it looks like we agree more than we don't...

Meanwhile, I'm gonna just go about my business and watch the show.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 03, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »

Trusting your gut, eh?

Nah, Dr. Fauci told me not to worry...

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1246060637748330496?s=20

Luckily, Dr. Fauci isn't a complete dipshit and he's able to change his opinions based on new evidence. Nothing worse than a person who is too thick to be convinced their dated, incomplete opinion has can't become obsolete weigh l with a new data set.

I get it... you're a complete dipshit and Fauci is an incomplete dipshit.  Good point.

Despite your disjointed illiterate rambling above, I believe I get the gist of what you're attempting to say.

I've always wondered why it's ok for you fucksticks to change your tune mid-stream and it's A-OK, but it's complete travesty if someone you oppose changes opinions based on new evidence. 

That's rough ridin' rich; perhaps you can shed some light on that. 
bears are fast...

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 03, 2020, 02:25:26 PM »
with respect to comparisons to h1n1, in addition to the total being spread out over a longer time (and more important, imo), the majority of deaths occurred outside the us, in poorer countries that don't occupy much american mindshare.  and the official confirmed deathcount was much lower (18k), the 150-575k count is an estimate of actual deaths, so not comparable to the confirmed covid 19 numbers that we get from each country, that number is more directly comparable to the 18k figure.

by the time covid 19 is controlled, i would expect the number of estimated deaths worldwide to far exceed 150-575k.  if that doesn't happen, we will have done an amazing job as humans (or our estimates of how virulent covid 19 is are way off, but that seems unlikely).

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 03, 2020, 02:31:14 PM »

Here's the thing... I ain't trying to "sell" anybody anything about what's going on, because I know about as much as any of the rest of you which "isn't much".

You have made it abundantly clear that, in fact, you know significantly less than most of the posters in this thread.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 02:47:34 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 03, 2020, 02:51:31 PM »
This seems bad.

https://twitter.com/annafifield/status/1246149713016918016

It's been pretty obvious that China has been lying about the 'rona impact within its borders for awhile now. No one should have expected anything less from their POS government.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 03, 2020, 03:12:48 PM »
This seems bad.

I've always thought that Chinese gov't had this "Goldilocks" zone for the propaganda that they could put out. I said earlier that I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the number of actual deaths was more between 20-40k. This is a country where a large number of people can (and do) get "disappeared" by the gov't, but their are limits to the number of deaths that they can actually cover-up. For instance, beyond a million people, it would be incredibly tough to hide that. With the number of first and second-generation chinese immigrants here in America and in Europe, you'd hear about it because most of those people still have family back in China. Those communities in the West would be freaking the eff out if there were an overwhelmingly large number of relatives that they suddenly couldn't get in touch with.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: April 03, 2020, 03:16:37 PM »
It's how our government is structured to run though. There is no way for our federal government to appease 57 different states and territories. States say they want that then would waste valuable time angling for what they want, gumming up an already despicable bureaucracy, and almost certainly the federal government would end up getting sued.
We're definitely not structured perfectly for this but I think you have to try. How will places like Louisiana compete with New York for ventilators when Cuomo is on CNN every day telling equipment suppliers they'll pay anything for as many as they can produce? What happens when California secures orders for their PPE needs before Kansas gets hit and there's no manufacturing capacity available for Kansas? Already I know there are vastly different levels of PPE available just at different hospitals in the Bay Area. There's just a lot of reasons why this can get very ugly and could be made less ugly if the federal government steps in.

here we go...

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/1246164388769193984

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: April 03, 2020, 03:21:22 PM »
No sane person can think this is the way we should be operating in a disaster.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: April 03, 2020, 03:39:17 PM »
I hope part of the 2020 election is lining up the grifters and throwing them away

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: April 03, 2020, 03:41:01 PM »
This seems bad.

I've always thought that Chinese gov't had this "Goldilocks" zone for the propaganda that they could put out. I said earlier that I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the number of actual deaths was more between 20-40k. This is a country where a large number of people can (and do) get "disappeared" by the gov't, but their are limits to the number of deaths that they can actually cover-up. For instance, beyond a million people, it would be incredibly tough to hide that. With the number of first and second-generation chinese immigrants here in America and in Europe, you'd hear about it because most of those people still have family back in China. Those communities in the West would be freaking the eff out if there were an overwhelmingly large number of relatives that they suddenly couldn't get in touch with.

I just wanted to pop in and say that it's absolutely amazing how rough ridin' stupid you are.

China has a population of 1.386 billion people.   So it's absolutely barely a blip on the radar screen to have 25k to 40k dead (which is still low) from an (ongoing) event like this.   The whole everyone in China has family in other countries so it would be really hard for this communist dictatorship in a social control state to cover this up take is so rough ridin'  :lol: :lol:.   But that's ol dumbass trey.   

BTW the Chinese are back to shutting down whole provinces, moving troops around all over the rough ridin' place, people still dropping dead in the streets and hospitals giving test results to people telling them they have practically every disease under the sun BUT Covid-19.   So they don't have to admit they have another Covid-19 case. 

The @MakeItRain take on Fauci from back in January  :lol: :lol: .  You whack jobs have lost your mind about Trump and elevated Fauci to some deity status.  Yet there the dude is, on record in late January telling the citizens of the United States that they didn't have to worry about the Covid-19 virus.   Oh, take it seriously, but nothing to worry about.    :lol:     So this means, the "top guy" was literally telling the administration there was "nothing to worry about".   So apparently the expectation is that Trump was supposed to go against what the "top guy" was saying in January and completely freak out about Covid-19.   

Vox:  Pandemic?  NO!!   NYT and WAPO:  WORRY ABOUT THE FLU!!     DeBlasio:  GO PARTY!   Nancy Pelosi:  GO PARTY! (while my husband buys stock in companies with online conferencing products and virtual collaboration tools). 

Just the Flu!! (Slow Dug)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: April 03, 2020, 03:43:03 PM »
one thing that's interesting to me regarding China is the apparent overlap of people who both think they are lying and evil but also use their numbers as evidence that this isn't a big deal

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: April 03, 2020, 03:56:44 PM »
This seems bad.

I just wanted to pop in and say that it's absolutely amazing how rough ridin' stupid you are.

China has a population of 1.386 billion people.   So it's absolutely barely a blip on the radar screen to have 25k to 40k dead (which is still low) from an (ongoing) event like this.   The whole everyone in China has family in other countries so it would be really hard for this communist dictatorship in a social control state to cover this up take is so rough ridin'  :lol: :lol:.   But that's ol dumbass trey.   

BTW the Chinese are back to shutting down whole provinces, moving troops around all over the rough ridin' place, people still dropping dead in the streets and hospitals giving test results to people telling them they have practically every disease under the sun BUT Covid-19.   So they don't have to admit they have another Covid-19 case. 

The @MakeItRain take on Fauci from back in January  :lol: :lol: .  You whack jobs have lost your mind about Trump and elevated Fauci to some deity status.  Yet there the dude is, on record in late January telling the citizens of the United States that they didn't have to worry about the Covid-19 virus.   Oh, take it seriously, but nothing to worry about.    :lol:     So this means, the "top guy" was literally telling the administration there was "nothing to worry about".   So apparently the expectation is that Trump was supposed to go against what the "top guy" was saying in January and completely freak out about Covid-19.   

Vox:  Pandemic?  NO!!   NYT and WAPO:  WORRY ABOUT THE FLU!!     DeBlasio:  GO PARTY!   Nancy Pelosi:  GO PARTY! (while my husband buys stock in companies with online conferencing products and virtual collaboration tools). 

Just the Flu!! (Slow Dug)

well this is a dissapointing turn of events...

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: April 03, 2020, 04:04:18 PM »
Dax flexing on this board not taking coronavirus seriously enough is definitely the surprise of the day.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: April 03, 2020, 04:08:42 PM »
my little coward has returned.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: April 03, 2020, 04:10:16 PM »
Fauci saying it wasn't a big deal in January is the equivalent to Trump doing it in March.  Trump was referring to his January meeting notes.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: April 03, 2020, 04:11:43 PM »
It's how our government is structured to run though. There is no way for our federal government to appease 57 different states and territories. States say they want that then would waste valuable time angling for what they want, gumming up an already despicable bureaucracy, and almost certainly the federal government would end up getting sued.
We're definitely not structured perfectly for this but I think you have to try. How will places like Louisiana compete with New York for ventilators when Cuomo is on CNN every day telling equipment suppliers they'll pay anything for as many as they can produce? What happens when California secures orders for their PPE needs before Kansas gets hit and there's no manufacturing capacity available for Kansas? Already I know there are vastly different levels of PPE available just at different hospitals in the Bay Area. There's just a lot of reasons why this can get very ugly and could be made less ugly if the federal government steps in.

here we go...

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/1246164388769193984

The juxtaposition between that eff and the general you posted earlier is night and rough ridin' day.

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1245906088911949826?s=20

I know it’s not a mystery, but it’s still increasingly disheartening to see example after example of people in positions of power/leaders not giving a single eff about regular people.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.