Author Topic: Impeachment Inquiry thread  (Read 107338 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Impeachment Inquiry thread
« Reply #475 on: December 04, 2019, 04:09:12 PM »
Lol Turley doesn’t understand the Constitution

And believes in ufos

Peak maga

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 04, 2019, 04:34:10 PM »
Wow, just awful Slow Dug.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 04, 2019, 05:07:26 PM »
I thought Turley was pretty great.

You found his arguments to be convincing, or enjoyed his contrarian position?

I enjoyed his opinions, all of the panel offering their opinions and personal views on this matter were very enjoyable to listen to, in fact the many "witnesses" offering their personal viewpoints, feelings, and opinions on what transpired or what they personally believed transpired were  quite enjoyable.

Most enjoyable of all were Little Jerry Nadler and Adam "spies on Congress" Schiff.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 04, 2019, 07:37:32 PM »
boy who is this Matt Gaetz guy?  Sure seems stud like......
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 04, 2019, 07:39:08 PM »
boy who is this Matt Gaetz guy?  Sure seems stud like......

Ya, let's impeach Obama!  :lol:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 04, 2019, 08:08:59 PM »
It's a little late for that bucket, and you need like a high crime or misdemeanor my dude

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 04, 2019, 08:14:25 PM »
Too bad nobody told Gaetz that today.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 04, 2019, 08:18:24 PM »
Well I am not as informed as him I'm sure so I will keep an eye on this for developments.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 04, 2019, 09:48:04 PM »
Am I the only one who never hears actual people out in the wild discussing impeachment? Seems like I've been overserved this particular tonic for months, and yet I never hear folks out in the world discussing it. The majority of Americans (who are too busy working jobs that don't involve being on the internet all day) are like (a) of course he did that, and (b) my conscience is not shocked, because (c) he does selfish crap all the time and still got elected.

The Senate will not remove. That said, I think it would be best for the House to impeach, just for precedential value.

It's dumb that all of this hearing crap happens during the day during the work week. If they really wanted to change minds, they'd do it uncut in primetime or on the weekends. The way it is now, most folks just tune into their drug of choice in the evening and get the special blend they crave.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 04, 2019, 09:52:43 PM »
Do you think he should be impeached?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 04, 2019, 09:55:24 PM »
I believe I answered your question in the post immediately preceding yours.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 04, 2019, 09:57:50 PM »
I believe I answered your question in the post immediately preceding yours.

Well it was kind of a rhetorical question for you, so yeah you did answer it. Thanks.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2019, 10:00:34 PM »
Compelling stuff. Thanks.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 04, 2019, 10:01:36 PM »
Am I the only one who never hears actual people out in the wild discussing impeachment? Seems like I've been overserved this particular tonic for months, and yet I never hear folks out in the world discussing it. The majority of Americans (who are too busy working jobs that don't involve being on the internet all day) are like (a) of course he did that, and (b) my conscience is not shocked, because (c) he does selfish crap all the time and still got elected.

The Senate will not remove. That said, I think it would be best for the House to impeach, just for precedential value.

It's dumb that all of this hearing crap happens during the day during the work week. If they really wanted to change minds, they'd do it uncut in primetime or on the weekends. The way it is now, most folks just tune into their drug of choice in the evening and get the special blend they crave.

Politics is one of the last things I want to have a conversation about. Maybe other people feel the same way  :dunno:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 04, 2019, 10:05:22 PM »

Politics is one of the last things I want to have a conversation about. Maybe other people feel the same way  :dunno:

Nope. Everyone wants to talk to their coworkers during the workday about dividing politics that can only lead to a civil discussion.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 04, 2019, 10:14:05 PM »
Fair point re: coworkers, but my observation is not limited to the workplace. Also, I began with a question, inviting responses from others regarding their personal non-line experiences. It doesn't come up in conversations with friends, I haven't overheard anything in any of the hipster coffee shops I frequent, and I've received no chain emails from relatives regarding same.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 04, 2019, 10:19:17 PM »
Fair point re: coworkers, but my observation is not limited to the workplace. Also, I began with a question, inviting responses from others regarding their personal non-line experiences. It doesn't come up in conversations with friends, I haven't overheard anything in any of the hipster coffee shops I frequent, and I've received no chain emails from relatives regarding same.

I really don't want to discuss politics with friends, either. I prefer less serious conversation.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 04, 2019, 10:24:58 PM »
I feel like most people feel politics today (especially trump) is more decisive than ever and really try and avoid the topic more than ever.  Any haha comment about some dumb thing Trump said is quickly dismissed as "yeah yeah he is dumb let's move on before a trump person (or overly anti-trump) overhears and goes nuts and runs the evening"

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 04, 2019, 10:28:26 PM »
I'd rather talk about the cats or your week than the pro's and con's of medicare for all. Even after a productive conversation regarding politics it still feels like a waste of time and isn't fun.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 04, 2019, 10:30:56 PM »
I feel like most people feel politics today (especially trump) is more decisive than ever and really try and avoid the topic more than ever.  Any haha comment about some dumb thing Trump said is quickly dismissed as "yeah yeah he is dumb let's move on before a trump person (or overly anti-trump) overhears and goes nuts and runs the evening"

I have family members that openly express concern over Trump stuff and bitch and moan about it. I just ignore them. It's amazing how if someone makes a comment complaining about unfairly Trump or whatever is portrayed, and you just immediately change the subject they back off.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 04, 2019, 10:33:00 PM »
I'd rather talk about the cats or your week than the pro's and con's of medicare for all. Even after a productive conversation regarding politics it still feels like a waste of time and isn't fun.

Yeah well you are damaging the viewpoint of a closet Trumper so Obama and Hillary emails and such so Bengazi*, personal email server, random bombing, general :curse:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 04, 2019, 11:13:20 PM »
one explanation for what spracne is experiencing is that most people are Trumpers but stay pretty quiet about it unless they know you because nobody wants a crazy lib flying off the handle and making a scene over some politic talk. spracne you are a lawyer I think?  Me and the other Trumpers wouldn't talk Trump with you because most lawyers are libs so not knowing your personal politics we wouldn't bring it up. 

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 04, 2019, 11:15:15 PM »
lib7 probably doesn't talk pot with squares or people he doesn't know about either.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 05, 2019, 05:55:43 AM »
I have one friend that I see often and we usually discuss trump's shenanigans of the week. It just always ends with both of us shaking our head and saying that it's nuts that people vote for him.

There is one trump voter friend of a friend, but the only time politics comes up is when he says something racist or homophobic and I'll say "whoa, trump voter alert" and then he gets embarrassed. I don't think he's going to vote for trump again.

Other than that, I'd rather not know, maga people fly off the handle and get really defensive if you don't worship him so I'd rather not deal with that. It's a total cult.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite