Poll

“There are basically two genders, but people who want to live as a gender different from their biological sex should have that right and not be discriminated against.  However, there are issues around child consent to transitioning and participation...

agree
10 (66.7%)
disagree
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: October 15, 2022, 04:53:56 PM

Author Topic: gender poll  (Read 1524 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: gender poll
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2022, 08:54:50 PM »
i voted agree.
What's your takeaway from the results of both polls?

i had thought that goEMAW trended more transpositive than dems in general (as represented by wisconsin dems) and thought that we would have scored lower in agreement with the statement, but my hypothesis was not supported by our poll results.

well, it's a terrible question which might skew the results somewhat

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2022, 08:57:12 PM »
it makes it harder to interpret for sure.

of course polling a bunch of message board users is also complete bullshit, which also makes it harder to interpret.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2022, 03:17:53 AM »
i voted agree.

i had thought that goEMAW trended more transpositive than dems in general (as represented by wisconsin dems) and thought that we would have scored lower in agreement with the statement, but my hypothesis was not supported by our poll results.

Yep. I'm surprised at the results. With the wording of the question in reading it as 66% of the respondents think children are being forced into irreversible gender changes, and that's unequivocally false.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2022, 05:53:34 AM »
i voted agree.

Yep. I'm surprised at the results. With the wording of the question in reading it as 66% of the respondents think children are being forced into irreversible gender changes, and that's unequivocally false.

To be fair they also might just think child transition is a complicated process that isn't settled. Which on some level I can accept because it is so new to many people and it really isn't a "simple" process. Also Democrats let people like Matt Walsh drive the narrative that eight year olds are getting their balls chopped off without the consent of parents and encourages bombing of children's hospitals who provide gender affirming care which certainly doesn't make the issue feel "settled".

Same with trans kids in sports - with politicians all over the country trying their damnedest to prevent these kids from participating, it clearly isn't "settled". And how best to fight these evil people passing these laws without making Wisconsin Dems feel icky is a bit "complicated".

I mean I can almost talk myself into agreeing with the statement based on the above. I disagreed because I think the issues are simple: listen to doctors regarding youth transition and let kids play sports.