Author Topic: Who is brave enough to be honest about Israel and the Democrat Party?  (Read 20977 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Democrat Party is filled with gutless, paid for, cowards. It's amazing to me that people are using the phrase anti-Semitism to describe this.
https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1094747501578633216

So now you can't disagree with Israeli foreign policy without being branded as an anti-Semite? Nancy Pelosi and the rest of these democrats are no better than the Republicans they look down their noses at. They get to Washington and then their only goal is to stay in Washington, it's gross.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Who is brave enough to be honest about Israel and the Democrat Party?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 01:59:19 PM »
It's crazy how they tapdance around calling Nazis racist but the slightest criticism of Israel policy is declared blatant anti-Semitism

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:11:32 PM »
What's even more hilarious is watching LibDerp Nation circle the wagons..

As I said in another thread, she might as well be Henry Gibson from Blues Brothers telling the gathered crowd how the Jews control the global financial system.   

But only the left is allowed to point out (and subsequently melt down about) the dog whistle moments.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 02:27:12 PM »
She "unequivocally apologized" for the tweet, so I guess she's a gutless, paid for, coward, too?

Interestingly, she has yet to apologize for her tweets smearing the Catholic kids. I guess they don't have a strong enough lobby.

Oh, and btw, there's this....

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/269488770066313216

Hmmmm...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 02:36:26 PM »
She "unequivocally apologized" for the tweet, so I guess she's a gutless, paid for, coward, too?

Interestingly, she has yet to apologize for her tweets smearing the Catholic kids. I guess they don't have a strong enough lobby.

Oh, and btw, there's this....

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/269488770066313216

Hmmmm...

Jesus, you can't ever drop the party line at all, ever, you're a rough ridin' robot. Her apology has nothing to do with the shameful false outrage and the misrepresentation of anti-Semitism. Even the tweet you posted, from seven rough ridin' years ago, lol, is if anything anti-Zionist.

Why does she need to apologize to Catholics?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 02:48:43 PM »
Nancy Pelosi and the rest of these democrats are no better than the Republicans

Sort of nitpicking here, but I'd say that the fact that Democratic party leadership (unfortunately!) didn't have her back is a way they differ from Republican party leadership. Republicans are happy to remain silent on overt racism. Democrats apologize for things that could be construed as racist only on the most uncharitable possible interpretation.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 02:52:21 PM »
Chill bud. I was making a joke about the typical liberal talking point "well if ___ didn't do anything wrong, why'd he apologize?" Fun when the shoe is on the other foot.

Google the Covington stuff. Ilhan Omar is a moron (she's right up there with Occassional Cortex on the dumbass scale) so if you want to point out the Israel stuff, fine, but I wouldn't go to bat too hard for this chick. (There's also some pretty interesting theories and information floating around that she married her own brother to commit immigration/welfare fraud. The media is quick to point out that these claims have been denied and are unproven, but that doesn't mean much when journalists are studiously avoiding digging into the matter.)

https://alphanewsmn.com/take-a-walk-through-ilhan-omars-controversial-marriage-history/

https://pjmedia.com/davidsteinberg/official-school-records-support-claims-that-rep-ilhan-omar-d-mn-married-her-brother/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:59:54 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 02:54:54 PM »
Nancy Pelosi and the rest of these democrats are no better than the Republicans

Sort of nitpicking here, but I'd say that the fact that Democratic party leadership (unfortunately!) didn't have her back is a way they differ from Republican party leadership. Republicans are happy to remain silent on overt racism. Democrats apologize for things that could be construed as racist only on the most uncharitable possible interpretation.

Sure, I suppose so. The same Republicans that are crying about Omar didn't grave crap to say about this.
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1055170806949523458

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 02:57:25 PM »
Hey Ben when is the United States going to make Israel disclose it's Nuclear Arsenal??

Don't hold your breath as long as Ron "AIPAC" Emanuel is COS.

Love all of our "tough talk" on Israel, yet we just keep right on selling them weapons and giving them billions of dollars in aid.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 03:04:37 PM »
Chill bud. I was making a joke about the typical liberal talking point "well if ___ didn't do anything wrong, why'd he apologize?" Fun when the shoe is on the other foot.

Google the Covington stuff. Ilhan Omar is a moron (she's right up there with Occassional Cortex on the dumbass scale) so if you want to point out the Israel stuff, fine, but I wouldn't go to bat too hard for this chick. (There's also some pretty interesting theories and information floating around that she married her own brother to commit immigration/welfare fraud. The media is quick to point out that these claims have been denied and are unproven, but that doesn't mean much when journalists are studiously avoiding digging into the matter.)

1. I'm not a Democrat
2. Attempting false equivalencies is a very poor way to try to influence someone to see your point
3. I'm not googling anything about Omar and Covington. If you couldn't immediately recall what made you so hurt, that was less than a month ago, I'm guessing it was false outrage. It's also a pretty safe bet that if a woman Muslim said something even close to objectionable about Catholics, Nancy and the crew would be falling all over themselves to make her apologize, and it would have become a national scandal, right up there with Bubba and his cigar. I mean, I've gotten literally 8 breaking news alerts because she had the temerity to suggest that politicians are influenced by lobbyists.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 03:06:41 PM »
Hey Ben when is the United States going to make Israel disclose it's Nuclear Arsenal??

Love all of our "tough talk" on Israel, yet we just keep right on selling them weapons and giving them billions of dollars in aid.

LOL wow

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 03:18:10 PM »

:lol:  Just where in any of my posts in regards to this matter did I say I was in support of AIPAC, Chin?    The dumbfounding part is the political movement that sees, okay, hears, dog whistles all the time, won't acknowledge the dog whistle here.

Israel should disclose their Nuclear arsenal . . . and unfortunately because your guy never met a secular regime he didn't want out of power and/or liked to wreck countries ceding them to hardcore Islamic entities, that leaves Israel as the last remaining secular Democracy in the Middle East, so selling them weapons comes with the territory. 

Nice dumpster dive though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 03:31:46 PM »

:lol:  Just where in any of my posts in regards to this matter did I say I was in support of AIPAC, Chin?    The dumbfounding part is the political movement that sees, okay, hears, dog whistles all the time, won't acknowledge the dog whistle here.

Israel should disclose their Nuclear arsenal . . . and unfortunately because your guy never met a secular regime he didn't want out of power and/or liked to wreck countries ceding them to hardcore Islamic entities, that leaves Israel as the last remaining secular Democracy in the Middle East, so selling them weapons comes with the territory. 

You clearly stated that the Democrat run white house was bought and paid for buy AIPAC. Although maybe not because I have no idea who in the eff Ron Emanuel is.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 03:35:10 PM »

1. I'm not a Democrat
2. Attempting false equivalencies is a very poor way to try to influence someone to see your point
3. I'm not googling anything about Omar and Covington. If you couldn't immediately recall what made you so hurt, that was less than a month ago, I'm guessing it was false outrage. It's also a pretty safe bet that if a woman Muslim said something even close to objectionable about Catholics, Nancy and the crew would be falling all over themselves to make her apologize, and it would have become a national scandal, right up there with Bubba and his cigar. I mean, I've gotten literally 8 breaking news alerts because she had the temerity to suggest that politicians are influenced by lobbyists.

Here you go: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426635-omar-deletes-tweet-on-covington-students-trump She has since deleted her tweets for fear of getting sued for libel, but has not apologized. It's an interesting contrast between this and her response to the anti-Israel tweets.

There's also a great example of "Republicans seize" liberal media spin in this story!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 03:36:45 PM »
And to repeat, I know this isn't what your thread was about, but there's good evidence that this chick married her brother to engage in immigration/welfare fraud. I think that's a lot more interesting than the Israel stuff.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 03:40:11 PM »
i do think omar's tweet was slightly antisemitic, but i'm more interested in how it was super stupid.  if you think american politicians are pro-israel because of donations you're very delusional.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 03:41:07 PM »
I was making a joke about the typical liberal talking point "well if ___ didn't do anything wrong, why'd he apologize?"

I'm not familiar with that "typical liberal talking point" at all. I am, however, familiar with "well if Trump guy didn't do anything wrong, why'd he plead guilty?"

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 03:42:03 PM »
i do think omar's tweet was slightly antisemitic, but i'm more interested in how it was super stupid.  if you think american politicians are pro-israel because of donations you're very delusional.

I pointed this out as well, but Omar is nearly as stupid as AOC. They're a lot of fun.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 03:43:28 PM »
I was making a joke about the typical liberal talking point "well if ___ didn't do anything wrong, why'd he apologize?"

I'm not familiar with that "typical liberal talking point" at all. I am, however, familiar with "well if Trump guy didn't do anything wrong, why'd he plead guilty?"

Yes, that's similar, and similarly stupid. People plead to crap all the time not because they think they're guilty but because they're afraid of fighting it and draining their bank account / losing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 03:45:31 PM »

You clearly stated that the Democrat run white house was bought and paid for buy AIPAC. Although maybe not because I have no idea who in the eff Ron Emanuel is.

. . . and that has nothing to do with this situation, and was all about the duplicity of that administration in regards to Israel.   There is no duplicity in regards to Israel in this administration and once again, I'm not extolling the virtues of AIPAC in any way . . .  and the calendar says it's a decade later.

Again, just recognize the dog whistle statement in play here, and lets all move on.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 03:48:20 PM »

Let's explore this. You're clearly splitting hairs here. I do think there are a lot of liberal politicians viewpoints on Israel are influenced by lobbyists. I think a lot of Republicans viewpoints on Israel are influenced by Islamaphobia. There was no pro Zion push from Republicans until 9/12/2001.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »

Let's explore this. You're clearly splitting hairs here. I do think there are a lot of liberal politicians viewpoints on Israel are influenced by lobbyists. I think a lot of Republicans viewpoints on Israel are influenced by Islamaphobia. There was no pro Zion push from Republicans until 9/12/2001.
Yes there was, from evangelicals.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 03:53:17 PM »

. . . and that has nothing to do with this situation, and was all about the duplicity of that administration in regards to Israel.   There is no duplicity in regards to Israel in this administration and once again, I'm not extolling the virtues of AIPAC in any way . . .  and the calendar says it's a decade later.

Again, just recognize the dog whistle statement in play here, and lets all move on.

Wait, this has nothing to do with the administration, don't move the goalposts. If what Omar said is a dog whistle, Israel has politicians bought and paid for, then you saying RAHM Emanuel was bought and paid for is the same dog whistle. Good day.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 03:56:26 PM »

89% of americans support israel.  not only that, but it's a fairly salient issue.  for a not insignificant fraction of voters it is their most important issue.

sane politicians don't go against the overwhelming opinion of their voters.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 04:02:34 PM »

Wait, this has nothing to do with the administration, don't move the goalposts. If what Omar said is a dog whistle, Israel has politicians bought and paid for, then you saying RAHM Emanuel was bought and paid for is the same dog whistle. Good day.

:lol:  Once again, just where did I even hint that AIPAC and Israel doesn't weld influence?  Emanuel held dual citizenship in Israel and the United States until he was 18 years old.   Move the goalposts  :lol: the same ol same ol from you.

If a Republican would have come out and basically said the Jews and their money control America, LibDerp Nation would have lost their mind. 

What did I say?  I clearly said I was calling out the duplicity of the previous administration; talk tough about Israel out of one side of their mouth, sell Israel arms out the back door.    I've never even hinted that Israel doesn't have influence over the current administration.  FFS  :rolleyes: