Author Topic: Who is brave enough to be honest about Israel and the Democrat Party?  (Read 20995 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Who is brave enough to be honest about Israel and the Democrat Party?
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2019, 11:47:27 PM »
there is more money and fewer voters for our policies on pharma development and pricing, so it makes more sense to assume the money is influencing policy.

health insurance is expensive because health care is expensive.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2019, 12:40:50 AM »
Time for LibDerp Nation to do the right thing and ensure that Omar is removed from all committee assignments, just like Pubs did with King. 

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2019, 01:01:06 AM »
-^Not necessarily a bad question, but points off for being an impostor "Mossad" account

-so many "almost as dumb as AOC" takes above...Omar is significantly dumber (and worse at twitter)

-"fun" fact: one of Jada's lines in All About the Benjamins (last word usually censored) is "You should do what we do // stack chips like a Hebrew" 

edit: remembered it as Kim's line, apparently not
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:09:25 AM by dal9 »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2019, 01:05:22 AM »
there is more money and fewer voters for our policies on pharma development and pricing, so it makes more sense to assume the money is influencing policy.

Like what do you think the purpose of AIPAC is?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2019, 01:54:38 AM »
-^Not necessarily a bad question, but points off for being an impostor "Mossad" account

-so many "almost as dumb as AOC" takes above...Omar is significantly dumber (and worse at twitter)

-"fun" fact: one of Jada's lines in All About the Benjamins (last word usually censored) is "You should do what we do // stack chips like a Hebrew" 

edit: remembered it as Kim's line, apparently not

You mean, that’s not the real Mossad?  #stunned

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2019, 08:03:48 AM »
Weird bill. Seems like that would be easy for insurers to put in their policies if they were concerned about paying out to terrorists.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2019, 08:10:01 AM »
It’s a dumb bill. Taking away stuff based on suspicion is unjust.
:adios:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2019, 08:19:58 AM »
Congrats LibDerp Nation, you've put a Jihadist in Congress.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2019, 08:57:00 AM »

Also were Oman's comments on Israel a hot button issue among the constituents of Bakersfield? (The comments before the tweet, the ones that McCarthy said were worse than Steve King)

I get that it's a little different since he's minority leader, but I really don't know how important Israel-related issues are in the central valley. It certainty wasn't as listed as an issue on his campaign website.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2019, 01:31:39 PM »

The American Israel Public Affairs Committee is a lobbying group that advocates pro-Israel policies to the Congress and Executive Branch of the United States.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2019, 01:33:18 PM »
I get that it's a little different since he's minority leader.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2019, 03:21:23 PM »
Omar should step down, but for this stupidity: https://twitter.com/ilhan/status/1092821831977975808?s=21
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2019, 03:51:07 PM »
Congrats LibDerp Nation, you've put a Jihadist in Congress.

To be fair, gerrymandering put this con artist moron into Congress. Some investigative journalism could have headed this off, but you know how it goes. Democrat.

Married. Her. Brother.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2019, 03:54:12 PM »
I get that it's a little different since he's minority leader.
I still don't think it's an issue most Americans are very sensitive to. Even if people are supportive, it's pretty low on the list of priorities when compared to things like gun rights and abortion. Lobbying money has an impact

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2019, 03:59:09 PM »
large numbers of voters are vaguely for it and a small but significant number of voters have it as their most important issue.

like when voters are for a policy that politicians support, you don't have to go looking for the hidden conspiracy theory.  politicians are for what their constituents want them to be for.  mystery solved, you can move on to the next puzzle.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2019, 04:06:36 PM »
large numbers of voters are vaguely for it and a small but significant number of voters have it as their most important issue.

like when voters are for a policy that politicians support, you don't have to go looking for the hidden conspiracy theory.  politicians are for what their constituents want them to be for.  mystery solved, you can move on to the next puzzle.

I agree with the first part. I don't think anyone was looking for a conspiracy theory, though, just pointing out that McCarthy likely made Israel a higher priority than his constituents do in part because of lobbying influence.

It isn't like Ted Cruz talking about gun laws in Texas, which is more likely to be a hot button issue with his conservative constituents

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2019, 04:10:40 PM »
do you think pelosi mostly talks about stuff of great concern to her district or talks about stuff relevant to leading her caucus?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2019, 04:19:27 PM »

do you think pelosi mostly talks about stuff of great concern to her district or talks about stuff relevant to leading her caucus?

I mean I think Nancy Pelosi is very heavily influenced by lobbying efforts too. Her stance on this probably goes against the wishes a not-insignificant portion of her constituency.

https://missionlocal.org/2019/01/how-many-hoops-must-manny-yekutiel-jump-through-before-hes-deemed-worthy-to-do-business-in-the-mission/

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2019, 04:35:18 PM »
i have no opinion on how influenced pelosi or mccarthy are by lobbying money in general.  my point is that their roles in leadership largely to completely supersede their roles as representatives for their districts.

i also don't think it is at all accurate to equate lobbying with donations.  imo, the influence of lobbying is probably most pernicious in replacing staff in drafting legislation.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2019, 05:04:35 PM »
i have no opinion on how influenced pelosi or mccarthy are by lobbying money in general.  my point is that their roles in leadership largely to completely supersede their roles as representatives for their districts.

I mean you said it was stupid to for Omar to think McCarthy was influenced by lobbying money, so you clearly have SOME opinion.

i also don't think it is at all accurate to equate lobbying with donations.  imo, the influence of lobbying is probably most pernicious in replacing staff in drafting legislation.

Agreed, I don't think it's accurate to equate a tweet saying "all about the benjamins baby" to be strictly interpreted as a reference to donations.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2019, 05:15:36 PM »
I mean you said it was stupid to for Omar to think McCarthy was influenced by lobbying money, so you clearly have SOME opinion.

my opinions are: a) that when a policy is popular with voters, it is stupid to look any farther than that popularity to explain why a politician supports it, b) that congressional leadership de facto have national constituencies.

I don't think it's accurate to equate a tweet saying "all about the benjamins baby" to be strictly interpreted as a reference to donations.

i don't know how else to interpret those words.  they literally express the sentiment that it is entirely about money.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2019, 05:23:29 PM »

my opinions are: a) that when a policy is popular with voters, it is stupid to look any farther than that popularity to explain why a politician supports it, b) that congressional leadership de facto have national constituencies.

yeah and I think Israel is disproportionately represented in congress relative to its popularity. The AIPAC wouldn't need keep existing and receiving money if it wasn't influencing politicians.

I don't think it's accurate to equate a tweet saying "all about the benjamins baby" to be strictly interpreted as a reference to donations.

i don't know how else to interpret those words.  they literally express the sentiment that it is entirely about money.

I mean when pressed she explicitly referenced a lobbying group, which can't donate. I have always considered lobbying money to influence politicians even if they can't directly donate to campaigns, maybe that's a new concept for you.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2019, 05:28:09 PM »
Congrats cRusty and SysWhackadoo on your recent discovery of AIPAC et al and the concerns that some of us have had for years.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2019, 05:41:21 PM »
The AIPAC wouldn't need keep existing and receiving money if it wasn't influencing politicians.

just like a successful politician can't ignore voters and expect to continue to be popular...  i also think that we are at a point where pro-israel policies are ceasing to be broadly popular among voters of both parties and are instead becoming popular among 'pubs and very divisive among dems.  so aipac actually has a very difficult job to do in trying to, at the very least, delay that trend among democratic politicians.

I mean when pressed she explicitly referenced a lobbying group, which can't donate. I have always considered lobbying money to influence politicians even if they can't directly donate to campaigns, maybe that's a new concept for you.

she didn't say "it's all about the lobbying, baby"  i mean that's kinda the whole reason people went off on her as using antisemitic language.  she simplified a complex dynamic down to "the international jew is buying politicians".