Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 266923 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1825 on: December 09, 2018, 11:08:50 PM »
I genuinely hate a large, large percentage of the K-State fan base.

Then dont comment, the donors do like a large percentage of them

I'm a donor and I hate nearly everyone that doesn't post here.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 09, 2018, 11:12:10 PM »
Clover, bud, maybe just take 24 hours off from posting
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 09, 2018, 11:21:01 PM »
Amazing how people think emailing the admin and general bitching is worthless/stupid/waste of time/=our AD is a puss for listening

hmmmm

"Pay Frank".......

Think there is a difference between advocating for a raise for a basketball coach who had taken K-State bball to heights it hadn't reached in 20 years and people thinking they have an idea what head coaching candidate gives the football program the best chance to win going forward.

The amazing thing about the prolonged KSO meltdown is that they absolutely know who is going to win and who won't, some have no issue professing it as fact. Speaking of kso, did we permanently lose dlew to them?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 09, 2018, 11:21:46 PM »
I dunno, but he needs to come home.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 10, 2018, 12:21:45 AM »
Just spent 30+ minutes catching up on this thread. I did not read a single clover post.

Also wtf is going on? Rusty had me ok with klienman, but now are we going after Ricky? This is exhausting. Oof.

Thanks GFA for the Gene erotica. Good times.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: December 10, 2018, 01:08:09 AM »

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: December 10, 2018, 01:10:03 AM »
Just spent 30+ minutes catching up on this thread. I did not read a single clover post.

Also wtf is going on? Rusty had me ok with klienman, but now are we going after Ricky? This is exhausting. Oof.

Thanks GFA for the Gene erotica. Good times.

Another day another beer.  No matter what anyone thinks Gene is just gonna send it.
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: December 10, 2018, 05:28:19 AM »
I haven't seen any rhane info other than blind speculation.

But if they really have interviewed 7 or 8 candidates (i don't believe that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: December 10, 2018, 05:54:43 AM »

I too have been a little surprised that Rhane hasn’t received more attention.  Snyder thought enough of him to keep him on v2.0 staff and he’s coached at Vandy and Penn St, most recently as the OC.  He seems like he would be a logical “dark horse” candidate.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: December 10, 2018, 06:09:00 AM »

As a tech city, how would the residents of Manhattan KS accept a guy who doesnt know the difference between tweeting and texting? I imagine the Silicon Valley transplants would have nothing to do with this debauchery.

I respect you for properly identifying the Palo Alto of the Plains, but we are more forgiving than our sister city. Mostly as a result of our high number of Lutherans, which is something I would have thought you’d spot.

Offline Wildcat57

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 10, 2018, 06:11:04 AM »

I too have been a little surprised that Rhane hasn’t received more attention.  Snyder thought enough of him to keep him on v2.0 staff and he’s coached at Vandy and Penn St, most recently as the OC.  He seems like he would be a logical “dark horse” candidate.

Would make for an intriguing match-up in Starkville next September as well with Moorhead (sp?) vs Rahne.
"good first post" - steve dave

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 10, 2018, 07:02:23 AM »
Amazing how people think emailing the admin and general bitching is worthless/stupid/waste of time/=our AD is a puss for listening

hmmmm

"Pay Frank".......

Think there is a difference between advocating for a raise for a basketball coach who had taken K-State bball to heights it hadn't reached in 20 years and people thinking they have an idea what head coaching candidate gives the football program the best chance to win going forward.

The amazing thing about the prolonged KSO meltdown is that they absolutely know who is going to win and who won't, some have no issue professing it as fact. Speaking of kso, did we permanently lose dlew to them?

It's a mess over there right now.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 10, 2018, 07:25:57 AM »

hmmmm

"Pay Frank".......

I haven't been over to KSO, so it's very interesting to me to see how different parts of the fan base are reacting to this search.  The only other outlet I follow is the KSU family facebook group and that is....interesting... 

To @nicname I do agree there is a difference, but I would also note that the pay frank movement, to me, started the progenitor board, and had a bit of an uphill fight at first, taking some time to grow into mainstream KSU fandom thought.  Of course a coaching search like this is a wild beast to get a handle on because of the multitude of camps. I just thought it was interesting that many here seemed to be downplaying a movement starting from another part of the fan base.  To me it seems easier/faster since social media, message boarding, etc are much more ubiquitous now then when this camp (rightly) led the pay frank movement. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline KatKing54

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 10, 2018, 07:31:19 AM »
What about Josh Gattis?  Been WR/OC for multiple teams.  Learned from Franklin and Saban.  He is throwing his name out for the Temple head coaching position.  Being at Penn State and Alabama should have taught him how to recruit at a high level.  Knows about team prep and coaching for big games.  If we are considering taking a shot with someone at the top of the FCS, why not take a shot at a coach that has been with elite power 5 programs.  Calling PSU elite might be a stretch, but still top 15 in the country. 

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 10, 2018, 07:58:48 AM »

As a tech city, how would the residents of Manhattan KS accept a guy who doesnt know the difference between tweeting and texting? I imagine the Silicon Valley transplants would have nothing to do with this debauchery.

I respect you for properly identifying the Palo Alto of the Plains, but we are more forgiving than our sister city. Mostly as a result of our high number of Lutherans, which is something I would have thought you’d spot.
I acknowledged it internally.. but with it being the holiday season, i didn't want to offend anyone. It's a slippery slope i didnt want to climb
titletown..lulz

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 10, 2018, 08:01:11 AM »
Honestly I just want the AD to get this over with.  It's going to be someone boring and shitty regardless. 
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 10, 2018, 08:13:18 AM »
Honestly I just want the AD to get this over with.  It's going to be someone boring and shitty regardless.
agreed
tim fitz has a pic of neal brown and a headline search nearing end this morning

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 10, 2018, 08:13:28 AM »
I'll take Ricky......would be fun  :cheers:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: December 10, 2018, 08:31:42 AM »

hmmmm

"Pay Frank".......

I haven't been over to KSO, so it's very interesting to me to see how different parts of the fan base are reacting to this search.  The only other outlet I follow is the KSU family facebook group and that is....interesting... 

To @nicname I do agree there is a difference, but I would also note that the pay frank movement, to me, started the progenitor board, and had a bit of an uphill fight at first, taking some time to grow into mainstream KSU fandom thought.  Of course a coaching search like this is a wild beast to get a handle on because of the multitude of camps. I just thought it was interesting that many here seemed to be downplaying a movement starting from another part of the fan base.  To me it seems easier/faster since social media, message boarding, etc are much more ubiquitous now then when this camp (rightly) led the pay frank movement.

Word.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 10, 2018, 09:55:34 AM »
keeping with our tradition of hiring fired coaches i suggest a late offer to Larry Fedora

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: December 10, 2018, 09:58:21 AM »
I'm glad that Snydz calmed the waters, righted the ship and groomed his replacement for when the day came.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: December 10, 2018, 09:59:02 AM »
keeping with our tradition of hiring fired coaches i suggest a late offer to Larry Fedora

The swole portion of our fanbase would love that
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: December 10, 2018, 10:21:24 AM »

Kliff.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: December 10, 2018, 10:25:02 AM »
Would take Ricky Rahne x100

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: December 10, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »

Kliff.

Too late
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best