Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University  (Read 40424 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2017, 07:35:46 PM »
I got a question for Whisker: If it’s not recruiting and you’re convinced Snyder is on par with Saban and Meyer, why aren’t we winning more games?
wb gets lost in his own arguments a lot

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2017, 07:37:10 PM »
I got a question for Whisker: If it’s not recruiting and you’re convinced Snyder is on par with Saban and Meyer, why aren’t we winning more games?

You have communicated the problem perfectly in your question.  Why aren't we recruiting like Alabama?  Why aren't we winning like Ohio State?  We're KSU dammit, we have all of the potential and opportunity to recruit and win NC's as those teams.  If you believe this, you are a fool.  Unfortunately there are many fools in our fanbase.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2017, 08:00:17 PM »
Guys, I don't normally do this, but I think I am smelling some squawk around here.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2017, 08:01:54 PM »
Just to clarify, i don't necessarily think Bill is better than, or even as good as, Saban and Meyer.  Bill is much different than those two and he has to be.  He HAD to be able to identify under the radar talent.  He had to do insist on a focus on all the little things.  He had to do things differently than what you might do at a blue blood school.  There was no other way to build our program.  Have you ever stopped and asked yourself why KU football sucks?  Why Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, New Mexico, New Mexico State aren't big time P5 college football programs?  There are no rough ridin' people in those states!  How many kids do you think grow up dreaming of playing football at Texas, Florida, Bama, Ohio State?  how many dream of playing at KSU?  You think facilities are going to make a recruit drive 10 hours from warm sunny Texas to frigid Manhattan to play football if he has an opportunity to play in state?  You think he wants his family to drive 10 hours to watch him play?  Is the SEC the best conference because the best coaches are there or are the best coaches there because THAT'S WHERE ALL THE TALENT IS?  Kansas might have 3-5 players each year that are D1.  How many does Alabama have?  Georgia?  Florida?  Texas?  Bill worked a miracle here by identifying talent that he could actually get to come to KSU and then he built a system they could thrive in.  That's what makes him a genius.  The saddest part of all this is a lot of our fanbase doesn't understand this.  They want the next hot shot coach thinking they will be able to sign top 25 classes and win 10 games a year.  I wish, but no rough ridin' way.  Whoever takes over our program will need to do more with less...we can only pray they can do it half as well as Bill did.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2017, 08:12:48 PM »
Oklahoma has 4 million people and supports 2 thriving football teams with talent from all over the country you dipshit.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2017, 08:15:46 PM »
Saying KSU football is over after Bill retires is a pretty classic squawk move.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2017, 08:21:07 PM »
It's truly amazing how quickly I've grown to hate Whisker Biscuit's tuck-ass bullshit
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2017, 08:24:12 PM »
Oklahoma has 4 million people and supports 2 thriving football teams with talent from all over the country you dipshit.

4 million people and 30, 3 star or higher prospects in 2017 with over 40 recruits that will sign D1 scholarships......dipshit.   

This group is thicker than i thought.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2017, 08:25:37 PM »
It's truly amazing how quickly I've grown to hate Whisker Biscuit's tuck-ass bullshit

It's gotta grate on ya.  I'll give it a break.   :ksu:

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2017, 09:30:20 PM »
Wow

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2017, 09:45:27 PM »
whisker biscuit, have you tried the pit?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2017, 10:04:31 PM »
OK GUYS, WB IS MY SOCK!!! 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2017, 10:21:32 PM »
Regarding _Fan's question: I think our recruiting should be on par with Oklahoma State's.  I think we're roughly a top 35 program and that having recruiting classes that rank in the 60s and 70s and 80s is disgraceful.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2017, 11:20:52 PM »

The players under-perform in the games we lose.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2017, 11:54:00 PM »

He’s the dollar store MIR with none of the ability to back up his thoughts

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2017, 01:42:39 AM »

4 million people and 30, 3 star or higher prospects in 2017 with over 40 recruits that will sign D1 scholarships......dipshit.   

This group is thicker than i thought.
Location and population mean jack crap when it comes to recruiting. A successful coach who wins games and has a bit of charisma can make a program thrive anywhere in the US of A, and recruit top tier talent while doing so. If it were all about location and population, New York, Florida, Illinois, and California would have the most successful college football programs in the country year in and year out. Clearly this is not the case.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2017, 01:58:50 AM »
Regarding _Fan's question: I think our recruiting should be on par with Oklahoma State's.  I think we're roughly a top 35 program and that having recruiting classes that rank in the 60s and 70s and 80s is disgraceful.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/or6mav6QKg4?t=41s[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:02:52 AM by MakeItRain »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2017, 08:29:09 AM »
I bet Scott Frost will be able to get some recruits to come to frigid Lincoln, Nebraska, a state that also lacks significant D1 talent. 

Also, i was surprised to learn from WB that Montana, Wyoming, and New Mexico are in P5 conferences

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2017, 08:35:21 AM »
Our recruiting should be top 50.

We should have played thompson after Ertz got banged up the first time.

That is the single biggest WTF of the whole season.

That is not to say delton was bad by any means but he can't do what Thompson can do.
Maybe that is eye test talking

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2017, 08:40:31 AM »
The four star talent we have gotten has largely been mismanaged by the staff anyway. The next coach should be able to recruit top 40 consistently IMO.  Facilities are just a baseline that you have to have to be in the conversation so the coaches can sell themselves and the program. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2017, 09:08:58 AM »
Guys, I don't normally do this, but I think I am smelling some squawk around here.

I think that odor is Clone, actually.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2017, 09:28:27 AM »

In all fairness, Oklahoma is a lot different than Kansas.  In the fall, one thing you'll notice is that high school football on Friday night television is very prominent there, a lot like Texas.  Football is more culturally embedded in OK than in KS, and is a more elevated priority than here.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2017, 09:44:00 AM »
Do people know what airports are? MHK's location isn't as big of an issue as it was 25 years ago.

Now, the arctic temperatures of the flint hills, those will always be at play.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2017, 10:15:44 AM »

[youtube]https://youtu.be/or6mav6QKg4?t=41s[/youtube]

The disconnect here is that when measured by a means other than web-nerds, our recruiting classes easily perform in the top 35.  If all you are wanting is the web-nerds to rank the classes higher, than i would agree, a different coach can likely improve our recruiting rankings, but to what end?  If your goal is to bring in players that perform such that the team is successful and players obtain post season recognition, I'm not sure how you can argue that we aren't doing just fine.  You can't honestly say that our web-nerd recruiting rankings reflect our talent.  It just isn't so.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2017, 10:17:22 AM »
I bet Scott Frost will be able to get some recruits to come to frigid Lincoln, Nebraska, a state that also lacks significant D1 talent. 

Also, i was surprised to learn from WB that Montana, Wyoming, and New Mexico are in P5 conferences

Reading is hard...i get it.  Re-read my post until you understand.  Look up the big words if necessary.