Author Topic: Kids  (Read 273048 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #2150 on: March 12, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »
Congrats Shock Bonnett, we will be adding a little bundle of joy to our family at the end of this month.  An 8 year old bundle of joy.

congrats irl best pal

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: March 12, 2018, 05:23:38 PM »
Kinda let the cat outta the bag in the hoops forum, but just wanted all my gE peeps to know about Abigail Grace, my baby girl that was born on Dec. 23, 2017.

:emawkid:
Should be a hell of a heckler in about 5 - 6 years.

Hahaha!!  Maybe sooner!

:fatty:
bears are fast...

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: March 30, 2018, 01:17:32 PM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: March 30, 2018, 03:07:15 PM »
it's gonna take a lot of stamina to hold that note because it weighs FIVE POUNDS

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: March 30, 2018, 03:53:03 PM »
I would just drop one immediately and split the money. Kids are so dumb!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 05, 2018, 02:34:35 PM »
I would just drop one immediately and split the money. Kids are so dumb!

Yeah, well good luck getting to play the game again after you do that.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 06, 2018, 08:54:36 AM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/04/hey-parents-leave-those-kids-alone/358631/

my kid had three er visits this summer and two overnight hospital stays. pretty stud record for a 4 year old.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: April 06, 2018, 09:10:04 AM »
My seven year old has had four ER visits, including one visit to the trauma unit and one four night stay. I'm pretty sure he's had at least one concussion for which we did not seek professional medical attention.

I could see all this coming not long after he learned to walk. He's always been both pretty careless and pretty clumsy.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 06, 2018, 11:13:07 AM »
good job not overprotecting your children, you two.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: April 06, 2018, 12:01:41 PM »
The trauma unit freaked me the eff out. Like, on the way back there a social worker walked up beside me, introduced herself, and said she wanted to prep me on what would be happening. We get in this huge room with a bunch of equipment and people start coming in. People in scrubs, lab coats, EMT type gear, business suits. And they just kept coming in. I don't remember how many people (15?), but I know I counted because I couldn't believe how many there were. My kid was in the middle of the room on a gurney screaming and terrified and I'm off to the side with my heart pounding and my mind in a complete daze and barely functional, thinking "HOLY eff THIS IS OVERWHELMING! THIS IS WHY THEY HAVE THE SOCIAL WORKER! SHOULD I USE HER FOR HELP? HOW DO I USE HER FOR HELP!?!?" She turned to me and asked if I was okay. So, I smiled at her as best I could and said, "Yeah, I'm good."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: April 06, 2018, 12:51:21 PM »
oh yeah, my kid is pretty calm. like snapped his arm and after the initial pain screaming he's just chill. but I was freaking out. on two of our ER visits we were in an ambulance. Once lights and sirens, once just normal commute style. Lights and sirens the parents get to sit in back. normal commute you don't. and the children's hospital ER is probably the least fun place in the entire world to be. nightmare fuel of poor kids just screaming in the next room over and stuff. then when you get moved up to a normal not critical overnight stay room and it's pretty fun. giant room of toys and games to check out. food delivery on demand. movie delivery to the room on demand. all that. pretty fun couple days off work just hanging out in a room with my kid after the initial terror and wondering if he was going to die wore off. except you walk by the cancer patient kids rooms and it kind of hits you that a lot of these kids are never going home while you're laughing it up with your kid waiting to be discharged.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: April 08, 2018, 07:47:13 PM »
oh yeah, my kid is pretty calm. like snapped his arm and after the initial pain screaming he's just chill. but I was freaking out. on two of our ER visits we were in an ambulance. Once lights and sirens, once just normal commute style. Lights and sirens the parents get to sit in back. normal commute you don't. and the children's hospital ER is probably the least fun place in the entire world to be. nightmare fuel of poor kids just screaming in the next room over and stuff. then when you get moved up to a normal not critical overnight stay room and it's pretty fun. giant room of toys and games to check out. food delivery on demand. movie delivery to the room on demand. all that. pretty fun couple days off work just hanging out in a room with my kid after the initial terror and wondering if he was going to die wore off. except you walk by the cancer patient kids rooms and it kind of hits you that a lot of these kids are never going home while you're laughing it up with your kid waiting to be discharged.

When our first was 3 weeks old she projectile vomited neon green a couple times at about 10:00pm.  Our pediatrician is very "if you're slightly concerned don't hesitate to call."  So Mrs. Hamburg calls & he suggested we take her to the ER at one of the hospitals in our suburb.  The x-Ray her and tell us they are concerned about a possible blockage & say we need to go to the children's hospital.  I grew up in Salina where they can handle most sick kids, but immediately send the ones showing signs of cancer or other life threatening stuff to the children's hospital in Wichita.  The give us the info & tell us to drive her down.  By the time we head into Tulsa it's 1:00am & I'm freaking out this guy is just passing on the burden of telling us the bad news onto the next doctor.  We walk in & it's the saddest place I've ever been.

It took a couple hours before I could really talk to the doctor and ask "we got sent here for a reason, what are you really suspecting?"  Turns out our local hospital is mostly just births & elderly care.  They don't have a single pediatrician on staff that's not related to the birthing center.  The "children's hospital" is just what they call the pediatric wing & they have a deal with our local hospital that all pediatric patients that would normally be admitted are automatically sent there. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: April 08, 2018, 07:53:54 PM »
jfc man I read that whole thing and you just left me hanging on what happened to
your  kid?!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: April 08, 2018, 08:24:47 PM »
Quote from: wetwillie link=topic=3914.msg :Wha:1823841#msg1823841 date=1523235234
jfc man I read that whole thing and you just left me hanging on what happened to
your  kid?!

Ha.  She was fine.  The first doctor wasn't lying.  It was purely for observation.  Once she pooped & ate a few times without throwing up, they sent us home.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: April 25, 2018, 01:04:46 PM »

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: April 25, 2018, 01:09:35 PM »
WTF!

https://www.spraychalkfun.com/

Going to have to find this in the store and make a stop on my way home.  What colors do you guys prefer?  Pastels or neon?
@mikec2w

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: July 14, 2018, 06:06:28 PM »
One of my FB friends had her daughter participate in the Johnson County Fair baby contest, which is apparently a beauty pageant for babies. According to the photos, it includes a swimsuit competition.......for BABIES!!

Is this normal?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 14, 2018, 06:10:40 PM »
No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: July 15, 2018, 01:59:23 PM »
<---SB is having a girl in like 4 months you guys!  :excited: :ksu: :emawkid: :Woot: :bill:

That'll make one of each. Probably gonna be posting more in the vasectomy thread after that.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: July 15, 2018, 11:33:55 PM »
<---SB is having a girl in like 4 months you guys!  :excited: :ksu: :emawkid: :Woot: :bill:

That'll make one of each. Probably gonna be posting more in the vasectomy thread after that.

'Grats SB.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: July 19, 2018, 11:23:27 AM »
One of my FB friends had her daughter participate in the Johnson County Fair baby contest, which is apparently a beauty pageant for babies. According to the photos, it includes a swimsuit competition.......for BABIES!!

Is this normal?

One of the (male) babies was wearing shorts (made of fabric with U.S. flags printed on it), a bow tie of the same fabric, and red suspenders. No shirt.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: July 21, 2018, 09:50:11 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: August 02, 2018, 03:59:21 PM »
lil sd got one of the nerf ball guns. up until now we've only had the dart ones. holy crap, the ball ones really fuckin' whiz ya!