Author Topic: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?  (Read 96841 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?
« Reply #1325 on: July 22, 2019, 05:34:31 PM »
we actually brought all our own stuff (well, my brother and uncle mostly), so didn't really rent anything or whatever... sloane's the one with the ice cream and the random cigarette counter off by its own?  we just stayed at a basic BLM camp site (upper right star, Golden Currant maybe?), would drop off boats at Gray Reef dam (lower left star), and then shuttle pickup vehicle back to Government Bridge or wherever we planned to take out that day.  fishing wasn't great while we there and it was hot as hell and not generally fun so we cut that portion of the trip short after a few days and went back to saratoga (spent a few days there earlier in the trip on more 'family-friendly' stuff than fishing all day).  much cooler, much more interesting floats, and fishing was better there (which sounds like it was maybe unusual).  same deal there - just slept in tents at a campsite and shuttled back/forth.

Wow, we were literally in the exact same spot.  Buffalo Berry campground where I stayed is 1 mile further down the dirt road from Golden Currant. I was there July 16-18 and there was a big Black RV parked in the Golden Currant campground my entire stay, was that your crew?

I got my WY fishing license and some ice cream at sloanes along with some cold brews.

Also got delayed leaving the campground by the dam cows on the road two different times!

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 01, 2020, 01:32:32 PM »
#2's girlfriend and her dad hit opening weekend for trout.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 01, 2020, 03:19:01 PM »
I’d do anything for a lunker trout award

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 01, 2020, 03:52:04 PM »
 :love: