Author Topic: Kids  (Read 272953 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #825 on: October 14, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »
took lil sd to the drive through animal park thing. buffalos and elk and wolves and bears and stuff. not all together but in their own areas. he lost his mind guys. absolutely flipped out with excitement at seeing a bunch of deers and stuff. petted the living crap out of some goats in the petting zoo park as well. really gave them the business with the pets. protip: don't pay for the animal feed at the petting zoo. a toddler cup full of cheerios is what those things crave. they lose their minds for cheerios.

I know you said before (I forgot), but how old is he right now?

18 months

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 14, 2014, 01:24:10 PM »
were you guys aware of these "pumpkin patch" things? it's like some scam where some farmer plants a bunch of pumpkins and has a petting zoo and a tractor hayrack ride thing and snacks and apple cider and stuff. anyway, complete rip off. you pay like $20 a person to get in and snacks aren't even included. also you have to pay for a pumpkin if you want one. also kids go completely bananas for this place. it's like little kid crack cocaine and they want to go there everyday. this and gov. subsidies are why farmers are all millionaires.
Did you go to vala's? That place is ridiculous, I had a work function there once, it must be insane the amount of money those places take in during a month.

yes. guess what, sdbro bought the family pass to valas for like $60 for unlimited entry because his kids are so addicted to it.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 14, 2014, 01:27:04 PM »
Having to go there enough times to make the unlimited pass worth it seems awful.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 14, 2014, 01:28:49 PM »
Having to go there enough times to make the unlimited pass worth it seems awful.

it actually pays off at 2 times but it's still ridiculous that there is a family season pass option for a place that is open for, like, 2 months out of the year.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 14, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »
The basic KC zoo fam pass is only something like $40 more than that pumpkin patch fam pass.   :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 14, 2014, 01:33:09 PM »
This place is the damn disney world of pumpkin patches. I think Berkshire Hathaway is secretly behind this money grab.

http://www.valaspumpkinpatch.com/

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 14, 2014, 01:34:29 PM »
Can you just drop your kids off there and leave them? That might make it worth the price.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 14, 2014, 01:35:04 PM »
Pumpkin patch is the perfect outing for Grandma and Grandpa to take the kids to. No way in hell am I paying for a pumpkin patch.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 14, 2014, 01:36:19 PM »
Can you just drop your kids off there and leave them? That might make it worth the price.

As basically the best dad that's ever lived I personally cannot.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 14, 2014, 01:36:25 PM »
I'm going to make a :royals: pumpkin this weekend.  :gocho:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 14, 2014, 01:39:20 PM »

Woah buddy. Let me do a quick background check to your claim. Does lil SD have at least 1 Royals shirt?

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 14, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
What is everyone's little kids gonna be for Halloween? Gonna have a cat princess (basically a cat outfit with a little tutu thing) and a pea pod. My 2 year old asks to wear her cat outfit every night and every morning before I take her to daycare, it's adorable.

Leonardo.

Can't wait to go the pumpkin patch! There are several around Topeka, we always go to the free one; free tractor ride to fields and free face paint.  There is one that is around $20/person; even though we are  :kstategrad: that is redic.
Where is the free pumpkin patch at near Topeka?
I'm purple down

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 14, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »
We have two of them about a mile apart. The town has grown up around them. They are very competitive with signs that try to confuse people as to which one they are going to. They charge what sd is saying, but you get a free pumpkin per child admission. The pumpkin is the size of a grapefruit, so you have to buy your child a real pumpkin to make the experience legit. Those pumpkins are $100/lb or something. It's way better than sd dad government subsidized farming.
Also, both have corn mazes (maize mazes!). No corn mazes in KS and nub? What the heck!?
How about how the  mutant pumpkins are like 5x the price of regular, smooth non grizzos pumpkins? :dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 14, 2014, 02:27:47 PM »
worth the price of admission if you go to one that has a really good pumpkin cannon

you looking for a good pumpkin farm/launcher then you want to hit up Roloff Farms, that's out in oregon.  it's run by a crew of midgets that have their own television show. 
the older one goes by matt, tell him 'clams sent you.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 14, 2014, 02:29:30 PM »
worth the price of admission if you go to one that has a really good pumpkin cannon

you looking for a good pumpkin farm/launcher then you want to hit up Roloff Farms, that's out in oregon.  it's run by a crew of midgets that have their own television show. 

The pumpkins look bigger when midgets are carrying them.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: October 14, 2014, 02:39:52 PM »

Woah buddy. Let me do a quick background check to your claim. Does lil SD have at least 1 Royals shirt?

not at least, EXACTLY 1.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 14, 2014, 02:40:40 PM »

It's little people you mongoloid. :facepalm:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 14, 2014, 02:57:55 PM »

It's little people you mongoloid. :facepalm:

hey sparky, i'm talking about the midgets, not the kids

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 14, 2014, 03:13:28 PM »

not at least, EXACTLY 1.

1 is enough because those guys grow out of clothes every 5 minutes. Good work SD. You are v good Dad.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 14, 2014, 03:20:25 PM »
What is everyone's little kids gonna be for Halloween? Gonna have a cat princess (basically a cat outfit with a little tutu thing) and a pea pod. My 2 year old asks to wear her cat outfit every night and every morning before I take her to daycare, it's adorable.

Leonardo.

Can't wait to go the pumpkin patch! There are several around Topeka, we always go to the free one; free tractor ride to fields and free face paint.  There is one that is around $20/person; even though we are  :kstategrad: that is redic.
Where is the free pumpkin patch at near Topeka?

Rees.  Not much to do but get pumpkins and take pics, but that's what I'm looking for.  Went to the place on lower silver lake road last year, meiers, it was kind of ghetto, but not that pricey, stuff was done by tickets, not an admission.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 14, 2014, 03:29:52 PM »
Louisburg Cider mill corn maze and pumpkin patch.  $10 a head and an extra $2 just top bounce on the huge bounce thing.  also, kids don't do corn mazes because the smart ones will just walk through the corn because it's not a wall.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 14, 2014, 03:53:40 PM »
Louisburg Cider mill corn maze and pumpkin patch.  $10 a head and an extra $2 just top bounce on the huge bounce thing.  also, kids don't do corn mazes because the smart ones will just walk through the corn because it's not a wall.
IMO it goes Johnson Farms > Faulkner's > Louisburg for KC area pumpkin patches. 

Johnson has the most stuff to doo including a robot dinosaur that eats pumpkins and you can get delicious cider and donuts at Dunn's Cider Mill right down the road.

Faulkner's is the best for little kids and is right off of 470, the activities are a bit of a rip off, basically $4 for a 2 minute pony ride or two rides on the zipline

Louisburg seems like it hasn't changed much since I went as a kid and the previously mentioned Dunn's has better cider and donuts

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 14, 2014, 04:30:58 PM »
if you're talking pumpkin farms you have to include the midget run Roloff Farm out in oregon

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 14, 2014, 04:42:36 PM »
That guy's wife hates his guts.  Makes me think he doesn't run a tight pumpkin ship.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 14, 2014, 04:55:55 PM »
He also got a DUI once and got out of it because he was a midget.  I bet that guy's pumkins are crap.  He's clearly irresponsible and he wouldn't know a good pumpkin if it hit him in the face. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.