Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1040790 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #14100 on: July 30, 2020, 11:07:00 AM »
thebigtrain really mumped up by not betting spracne that bitcoin

:horrorsurprise:

FTR, I would still consider the bet, choo choo.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14101 on: July 30, 2020, 11:13:44 AM »
We don't want to make your communities better we just want you to move (ProgFascist Nation Leadership)

Expand on this please.

Why does this need any further explanation? 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14102 on: July 30, 2020, 11:15:36 AM »
He is saying that the comment about trump banning poors from the burbs will be campaign fodder for the dems but the day after the election they will go back to being NIMBY.  Which I would say is accurate

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: July 30, 2020, 11:16:48 AM »
thebigtrain really mumped up by not betting spracne that bitcoin

:horrorsurprise:

FTR, I would still consider the bet, choo choo.

Nah I'm good.  Best to just hodl.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: July 30, 2020, 11:28:48 AM »
We don't want to make your communities better we just want you to move (ProgFascist Nation Leadership)

Expand on this please.

I don't know what you are referencing is "making your communities better"?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14105 on: July 30, 2020, 11:30:53 AM »

Expand on this please.

Phil, you didn't come from a community somewhere on this planet?  Were you a military brat?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14106 on: July 30, 2020, 11:34:27 AM »

Expand on this please.

Phil, you didn't come from a community somewhere on this planet?  Were you a military brat?

It's a simple question.  No I'm not.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: July 30, 2020, 11:39:33 AM »

Expand on this please.

You're working a shitty angle here Phil, because you know that your party's leadership doesn't give a eff about these communities until they want their vote .   Everyone wants to have a sense of pride about where they're from and if they chose to move, when they come back to visit or when they want to show their children where they grew up they can do so with a sense of pride.   I guess we can chalk Phil down for perpetual gentrification and urban sprawl.   SMDH

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14108 on: July 30, 2020, 11:40:29 AM »

Expand on this please.

You're working a shitty angle here Phil, because you know that your party's leadership doesn't give a eff about these communities until they want their vote .   Everyone wants to have a sense of pride about where they're from and if they chose to move, when they come back to visit or when they want to show their children where they grew up they can do so with a sense of pride.   I guess we can chalk Phil down for perpetual gentrification and urban sprawl.   SMDH

This was my takeaway as well, Dax.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: July 30, 2020, 11:49:34 AM »

Expand on this please.

I'm not working an angle because I have no idea what you meant to begin with and even more.comfused now.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: July 30, 2020, 11:52:35 AM »
It's simple Phil, fair and affordable housing will destroy dax's fond childhood memories of lenexa
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14111 on: July 30, 2020, 12:02:36 PM »
How involved, really, is the federal government in affordable housing programs in the burbs, anyway? What does/did the program he's rolling back do? I would have thought most of these initiatives were done at the local level.

Also, yes. It's blatant dog whistling, or at the very least, blatant class warfare.

It is, with federal funds if done "right"
The 2015 Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing rule that the Trump administration dismantled required local governments to proactively ensure fair housing in order to receive federal housing funding. It was designed to give more teeth to the Fair Housing Act in combating segregation, and was praised by civil rights groups at the time. Conservative critics and the Trump administration opposed the parameters, saying they were unnecessarily laborious.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development announced a replacement policy last week that essentially leaves localities to self-certify that housing is affordable and free of discrimination — a significant scale-down of the Obama-era rule.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/29/trump-housing-policy-low-income-suburbs-386414

There is a large apartment complex that has some section 8 housing literally on the other side of the back fence of my back yard. This complex was built using funds from this program. Development, housing and commercial, around the neighborhood continues at a rapid pace. The only sirens we've had here were when the white people's kids in the house across the street nearly burned their house down.

By the way, all of these burgeoning businesses being built around here are employing a lot of people in this housing, a rising tide, etc. etc. etc.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: July 30, 2020, 12:05:17 PM »
He is saying that the comment about trump banning poors from the burbs will be campaign fodder for the dems but the day after the election they will go back to being NIMBY.  Which I would say is accurate

Kinda tough to claim that as accurate when it was a policy from the last democratic president that is being rescinded. This isn't a campaign promise to get people encouraged, that eventually won't be fulfilled.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #14113 on: July 30, 2020, 12:12:10 PM »
MIR, you know the MAGAs of the world do not believe that a rising tide lifts all boats. They want to bury certain people at the bottom of the ocean so the tide can rise to better showcase the MAGA boat parade. We love our beautiful boaters, don't we folks?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: July 30, 2020, 12:21:49 PM »

Kinda tough to claim that as accurate when it was a policy from the last democratic president that is being rescinded. This isn't a campaign promise to get people encouraged, that eventually won't be fulfilled.

I’m cynical as hell these days.  My bad

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14115 on: July 30, 2020, 12:27:10 PM »
gotta cover up that horrible economic numbers, DISTRACTION!
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14116 on: July 30, 2020, 12:49:06 PM »
MIR, you know the MAGAs of the world do not believe that a rising tide lifts all boats. They want to bury certain people at the bottom of the ocean so the tide can rise to better showcase the MAGA boat parade. We love our beautiful boaters, don't we folks?

Posted by a proud member of the see ya every 3.5 years party.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: July 30, 2020, 12:50:02 PM »

Expand on this please.

I'm not working an angle because I have no idea what you meant to begin with and even more.comfused now.

Tapout accepted

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14118 on: July 30, 2020, 12:51:03 PM »

I’m cynical as hell these days.  My bad

You're good. I think we well are cynical now, brotha.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #14119 on: July 30, 2020, 12:54:17 PM »

Aren't you voting for that party?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14120 on: July 30, 2020, 12:57:02 PM »

If we believed his parade of lies you'd think he votes democratic far more than I do.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14121 on: July 30, 2020, 01:08:19 PM »

I hadn't realized Doug Jones was running for President.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14122 on: July 30, 2020, 01:08:59 PM »

If we believed his parade of lies you'd think he votes democratic far more than I do.

:lol: :lol:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14123 on: July 30, 2020, 09:36:32 PM »
interesting article.  also the hand touching kushner's face doesn't look like his own.  maybe it's just me.

https://twitter.com/hambonita2112/status/1289021066212499457
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14124 on: July 30, 2020, 09:59:47 PM »
interesting article.  also the hand touching kushner's face doesn't look like his own.  maybe it's just me.

https://twitter.com/hambonita2112/status/1289021066212499457
Kushner is an awful TYPE of person, kind of like Pompeo is an awful type of person but they are very different awful types of people.