Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1047321 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #4200 on: July 07, 2017, 12:54:14 PM »
Trump supporter/voter (yes, irl voted for trump lol) blames everyone else for trump. Sounds reasonable
What has he done to effect you, besides hurt your feelings with the results of the election?
Wacky has a point here. He's literally done nothing to this point.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: July 07, 2017, 12:56:05 PM »
Master of deception  :surprised:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: July 07, 2017, 01:00:01 PM »
Drumpf supporter/voter (yes, irl voted for trump lol) blames everyone else for trump. Sounds reasonable
What has he done to effect you, besides hurt your feelings with the results of the election?

WC, to libs defense I would say he has been embarrassing. I am a registered R and support a lot of conservative policy. . . but Drumpf is the worst as a human being. Growing up I have often looked up to our country's leadership as a sign of our intelligence and moral strength. Drumpf doesn't seem very smart (he might be, but he sure as heck tries to look stupid) and his morality also looks very weak. Someone who lies as easily as he does is most assuredly lying to himself on a regular basis which is horrifying. I want the man who is the face of my country to have a handle on things. . .not look like an absolute dolt.

At the same time Lib and TBT. . .you are being pretty thick on this subject. A lot of people who would have been turned off by Drumpf who were registered R voted that way because of the campaign ran by the other side. So in effect, the messaging and candidate from the Dems drove us to vote how we did.

The Big Train

« Reply #4203 on: July 07, 2017, 01:03:19 PM »
Well Yard Dog I'm a registered independent so don't lump me in with anybody else

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: July 07, 2017, 01:04:11 PM »
 :lol:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: July 07, 2017, 01:04:36 PM »
Yard Dog makes a solid point.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: July 07, 2017, 01:08:08 PM »
Blame everyone else for making you vote for trump, it's a fascinating rationalization

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: July 07, 2017, 01:15:31 PM »
Meanwhile the people with integrity that didn't like Clinton or Trump just didn't vote for either, weird that option never even occurred to trump voters.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: July 07, 2017, 01:19:33 PM »
Oh man, I just know the "I didn't vote for either" crowd in residence would have been loaded and ready to pounce on Hillary.    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: July 07, 2017, 01:21:39 PM »
Oh man, I just know the "I didn't vote for either" crowd in residence would have been loaded and ready to pounce on Hillary.    :lol: :lol: :lol:

That includes you right? Wink wink

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: July 07, 2017, 01:22:38 PM »

That includes you right? Wink wink

:lol:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: July 07, 2017, 01:23:55 PM »
Dax finally admits he voted for trump, no one is shocked

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: July 07, 2017, 01:39:28 PM »
Too many elections are a choice between the lesser of two evils. This is nothing new in politics and is a sad commentary on the status of our election system. So often when choosing the lesser of two evils you are driven there by one party's candidate being especially evil.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: July 07, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »
Yup, too bad there is no way to change that  :jerk:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: July 07, 2017, 01:41:16 PM »
It takes real balls not to take a stance on who's going to be the new leader of this country and just sit back and lol at all the losers who actually exercised their vote. REAL BALLS I TELL YA!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4215 on: July 07, 2017, 01:42:22 PM »
Lol.  Wow Lib. So far behind.

Offline Republicat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: July 07, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »
Too many elections are a choice between the lesser of two evils. This is nothing new in politics and is a sad commentary on the status of our election system. So often when choosing the lesser of two evils you are driven there by one party's candidate being especially evil.

That wasn't the case here, while Hillary was clearly known to be an awful human who got people killed, Trump on the other hand has done nothing other than some inappropriate locker room talk but do what is best for himself, his family, his employees and now our country.  He's just so clearly a good person and just because he says the occasional dumb thing idiot loser democrats try to use that as more ammo for their war against a united country.  It's like the Civil War all over again when Democrats were pro slavery and wanted to secede.  How could anyone associate themselves with that party? 
Democrats suck because they don’t know history.
What Democrats know about history is that everyone born before them is a racist, and that’s that. We cannot learn from the past because everyone in the past was a racist. The Founding Fathers? Racists. And if you like them, you’re a racist

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: July 07, 2017, 01:48:21 PM »

I support term limits, limited campaign spending, limiting nationwide campaigning, one day primaries similar to the one day official election, better defined positions that a candidate must clearly expound how he or and expert will handle,  etc.

The process of making any of that happen is extraordinarily difficult and monumental. It also puts a lot of faith in the voting public to do their research and know the candidates for their positions, temperament, and drive . . . not their ability to fly to six different states over the course of one weekend.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: July 07, 2017, 01:50:21 PM »
Ranked choice voting!!! Bill is in the house now for this...not for president though.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: July 07, 2017, 01:50:45 PM »

That wasn't the case here, while Hillary was clearly known to be an awful human who got people killed, Drumpf on the other hand has done nothing other than some inappropriate locker room talk but do what is best for himself, his family, his employees and now our country.  He's just so clearly a good person and just because he says the occasional dumb thing idiot loser democrats try to use that as more ammo for their war against a united country.  It's like the Civil War all over again when Democrats were pro slavery and wanted to secede.  How could anyone associate themselves with that party?

I have to disagree. First, the Civil War talking point is a false equivalence. Second, Drumpf was lauded for not being a politician. . .which in theory is great. . .but with our political system? He wasn't a good choice for the job. This made him a bad choice. Hillary being an all around terrible candidate made her a worse choice.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: July 07, 2017, 01:52:17 PM »
Ranked choice voting!!! Bill is in the house now for this...not for president though.

I'd be interested in having this tested at local and state levels to see the outcome before applying it upwards. . .while I think the concept is awesome. . the application remains dubious.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: July 07, 2017, 02:57:33 PM »

I'd be interested in having this tested at local and state levels to see the outcome before applying it upwards. . .while I think the concept is awesome. . the application remains dubious.
It's applied widely on municipal elections for awhile... Maine has approved it at a state level

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: July 09, 2017, 10:12:32 AM »