Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049621 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #3275 on: April 27, 2017, 02:15:36 PM »
Quite a broad rough ridin' net there to cast, huh, fuckwad?

Sorry, I'm not sorry.

:dunno:

I'd bet anything that cam and abe's parents paid for their school.
I am very lucky and had the help of my parents... but by no means did they flip the whole bill. Regardless, I believe we shouldn't be putting that burden on young adults (or their families). It should just be available to any citizens of this country... A right, if you will. Similar to health care... Using the analogy, a rising tide lifts all boats, i.e. when we all are better educated and healthier we all benefit and share in the prosperity.
Your need to make fun of ppl that "pull up their bootstraps" said it all really. Just a self entitled ass hat that doesn't know what it's really like to start from nothing and work your way to a certain goal, only to be strapped because of bills like education that hold hard working folks back. Sorry if I have respect for those folks and you like to lol at them from your thrown.

Dude... You just don't get it. What you are fighting against would have actually improved your lot in life. Free public higher education and the relief of having a basic level of medical health care no matter what would transform the lives of most americans, including you and I alike.

One day, when you are looking to expand your horizons, read the book "What's The Matter With Kansas". Break through the programming that you are so strongly grasping to, it's all just a facade.

I'm starting to suspect that some people can't handle this thread

Poor wacky can only handle so much from uppity liberals before he has a meltdown.

Free education eh?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: April 27, 2017, 02:39:38 PM »
Agreed

Problem is a tax plan has a lot more facets than a tax rate and income level chart. For example you won't be able to deduct education interest.

You can't now assuming you're making decent money at all.  It's a bullshit deduction.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: April 27, 2017, 02:41:19 PM »
 Yup

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: April 27, 2017, 02:42:00 PM »
Wacky was the one bemoaning student loans so I thought that point maybe relevant to him.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: April 27, 2017, 02:42:46 PM »
We get it 'stone. You're a "rich" lawyer who married "rich". Not a care in the world.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: April 27, 2017, 02:45:08 PM »
Wacky was the one bemoaning student loans so I thought that point maybe relevant to him.
My student loan interest tax deduction days are over with now that i'm married. I don't get dick back for them anymore.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: April 27, 2017, 02:46:46 PM »
It's weird you are attacking people for being rich and voted for the billionaire that ran for the party nomination dominated by rich elite voters.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: April 27, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »
Wacky voted for Trump because of his tax plan....Yet nobody to this day has seen an actual tax plan.

It could change before it actually gets put into a bill, but he had a tax plan on his website during his campaign, and from what I'm seeing, the current proposal really isn't different. It eliminates almost all deductions, including state and local tax deductions, but keeping the mortgage interest deduction. It raises the standard deduction to double what it currently is, to a little less than $25k for a married couple with no kids, and it moves the tax rates to just 3 tiers. Corporate taxes get cut roughly in half.

I guess. Seemed pretty vague to be like...Hell yes I'm voting for this guy.
Don't you feel this way on just about any agenda you don't know about that pertains to Trump?

Trump voters are concerned with "complicated" tax tiers that they'll never be in, very LOL
You really are a insufferable son of a bitch, aren't you?

You think taking monetary assistance away from refugees and people on welfare is a great thing to do and then you bitch at me about being hypotheically spoiled?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: April 27, 2017, 02:50:32 PM »
It's weird you are attacking people for being rich and voted for the billionaire that ran for the party nomination dominated by rich elite voters.
Your reading comprehension is poor. It's easy to have liberal views and want world peace and all of that crap, when you grew up set and not a care in the world. I voted for a economic strategy that I thought could help middle class ppl in my situation. If you don't like it, move on and get over it.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: April 27, 2017, 02:52:15 PM »
Ok bud. Sorry you are so triggered today. Didn't realize you were a coal miner.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: April 27, 2017, 02:58:47 PM »
Your reading comprehension is poor. It's easy to have liberal views and want world peace and all of that crap, when you grew up set and not a care in the world. I voted for a economic strategy that I thought could help middle class ppl in my situation. If you don't like it, move on and get over it.

Wacky, buddy, you are so delusional in what you think it means to be liberal. Not only that but the economic strategy you are so enamored with is not going to help the middle class in the slightest short-term or one iota in the long-term. In fact, it is most likely going to hurt them, all the while it is going to blow up the pocketbooks of the extremely rich/wealthy. No matter the facts though... You feel like the president gets it and has your back.

Shame on us for actually trying to debate ideas or improve upon the status quo. Wacky and the trumpeters have opinions and feelings and that's all that matters.
untuck manhattan

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: April 27, 2017, 03:08:32 PM »
Good grief. I, along with many other, didn't grow up set up. Shoving hotdogs in cornbread batter and putting slices of American cheese on top was a meal some days. Scrambling eggs in ramen noodles as well. Always wearing hand me downs or wal mart clothes.

I've made myself what I am and worked my ass off as well. Pasting liberals as silver spoons is absurd

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: April 27, 2017, 03:12:05 PM »
This has nothing to do with you, sdk. Jesus. Read the thread. I was talking to Abe and Cam. There's different types of liberals and conservatives. I just pegged their category out perfectly.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: April 27, 2017, 03:18:12 PM »
This has nothing to do with you, sdk. Jesus. Read the thread. I was talking to Abe and Cam. There's different types of liberals and conservatives. I just pegged their category out perfectly.

Sure thing there, Wacky. Gee gosh, being the son of a law enforcement officer and nurse has really set me up for life... I'll just go ask them for my small million dollar loan now to start my real estate empire.

Try to break free from your mental chains, fanning. The world is not really as it is painted for you on Fox News.

untuck manhattan

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: April 27, 2017, 03:18:50 PM »
cam, dude, stop

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: April 27, 2017, 03:19:52 PM »
Ok Wacky. You've won a great victory today.

I hope someday you are able to pay yourself on the back and stop being so jealous.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: April 27, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »
Pat*

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: April 27, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »
And yes. I misread your post.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: April 27, 2017, 03:33:34 PM »
It has nothing to do with being jealous. People have different platforms/agendas from their upbringing. Again, this has nothing to do with you.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: April 27, 2017, 03:50:02 PM »
It seems as though you have anger towards those that didn't grow up poor and/or are well off now. You mention often about your bootstraps and upbringing. I connected those dots.

People have different opinions because they're different people. Social and political views and their basis are formed by a while constellation of reasons.

Can you explain the impetus for this having nothing to do with me?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: April 27, 2017, 04:02:20 PM »
I have no anger towards those ppl, I have anger for those who can't try to see another persons viewpoint. It wasn't directed at you, because I was responding to Abe and Cam's attacks. It's as simple as that. That's awesome if you have $, just don't find the need to look down on those who've actually "pulled up their bootstraps" to make something of themselves. Using that term in a condescending way just proves they laugh at and don't value these ppl. Which is kinda contradictory for what "they" stand for.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: April 27, 2017, 04:06:21 PM »
It's "Pulled themselves up by their boot straps". If you are going to be continually use a stupid over used saying can you please at least do it correctly?

The Big Train

« Reply #3297 on: April 27, 2017, 04:09:50 PM »
What happened in here today :sdeek:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: April 27, 2017, 04:12:00 PM »
It's "Pulled themselves up by their boot straps". If you are going to be continually use a stupid over used saying can you please at least do it correctly?
Cam is the one who keeps referencing it to me, so whatever. I'll butcher it if I want.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: April 27, 2017, 04:12:50 PM »
x-post