Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049350 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #3250 on: April 27, 2017, 12:23:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/realmikedoughty/status/857289535604088832

1) "across the board cuts" that the guy who is in charge of rolling out the tax cuts admitted could not guarantee a middle class tax cut, but will definitely include huge tax cuts for the wealthy.

It's a pretty substantial tax cut for the vast majority of Americans.

We will see what the bill actually is.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: April 27, 2017, 12:34:55 PM »
Wacky voted for Trump because of his tax plan....Yet nobody to this day has seen an actual tax plan.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: April 27, 2017, 12:42:56 PM »
Wacky voted for Trump because of his tax plan....Yet nobody to this day has seen an actual tax plan.

It could change before it actually gets put into a bill, but he had a tax plan on his website during his campaign, and from what I'm seeing, the current proposal really isn't different. It eliminates almost all deductions, including state and local tax deductions, but keeping the mortgage interest deduction. It raises the standard deduction to double what it currently is, to a little less than $25k for a married couple with no kids, and it moves the tax rates to just 3 tiers. Corporate taxes get cut roughly in half.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: April 27, 2017, 12:45:27 PM »
The tiers are already too spread out, we need like twice as many, not half as many
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: April 27, 2017, 12:51:14 PM »
Yeah, I don't get the people who think the tiers are too complicated. Doubling the standard deduction makes it a huge cut, though. The median household income in the US is about $52,000. Half of that being untaxed is a huge break for a lot of families, and even more would be tax-free with more dependents.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: April 27, 2017, 12:55:11 PM »
Trump voters are concerned with "complicated" tax tiers that they'll never be in, very LOL

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: April 27, 2017, 12:56:01 PM »

It could change before it actually gets put into a bill, but he had a tax plan on his website during his campaign, and from what I'm seeing, the current proposal really isn't different. It eliminates almost all deductions, including state and local tax deductions, but keeping the mortgage interest deduction. It raises the standard deduction to double what it currently is, to a little less than $25k for a married couple with no kids, and it moves the tax rates to just 3 tiers. Corporate taxes get cut roughly in half.

I guess. Seemed pretty vague to be like...Hell yes I'm voting for this guy.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: April 27, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »

TY Rage!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: April 27, 2017, 01:08:01 PM »

Don't you feel this way on just about any agenda you don't know about that pertains to Trump?

Trump voters are concerned with "complicated" tax tiers that they'll never be in, very LOL
You really are a insufferable son of a bitch, aren't you?

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: April 27, 2017, 01:09:48 PM »

It is not about specifics or what DJT says or purports to believe... They just like his attitude and masochismo. They believe he is going to get us back to "winning" and will make things great like they used to be (even if it is only in their own minds). And for a lot of people, like wacky, they have such poor self-esteem about their own views and place in the world that they latched on to the conservative white male that made them feel better about themselves and validated their feelings. A guy who doesn't apologize and who has mastered the art of branding and public relations... Not one of those coastal liberal elites with their science, legitimate degrees, and facts, who tries to come in and tell you how to live your life or why you are wrong.

IMHO... Taxes, anti-federal government, anti-intellectualism, abortion, and above all his attitude are what seals the deal for most of his voters/supporters.
untuck manhattan

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: April 27, 2017, 01:12:38 PM »
Quite a broad rough ridin' net there to cast, huh, fuckwad?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: April 27, 2017, 01:15:27 PM »
I'd bet anything that cam and abe's parents paid for their school.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: April 27, 2017, 01:18:00 PM »
Donald's tax plan is really just exactly the same plan Jeb Bush put together, only with slightly lower rates, iirc.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: April 27, 2017, 01:21:41 PM »

Sorry, I'm not sorry.

:dunno:

I am very lucky and had the help of my parents... but by no means did they flip the whole bill. Regardless, I believe we shouldn't be putting that burden on young adults (or their families). It should just be available to any citizens of this country... A right, if you will. Similar to health care... Using the analogy, a rising tide lifts all boats, i.e. when we all are better educated and healthier we all benefit and share in the prosperity.
untuck manhattan

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: April 27, 2017, 01:22:03 PM »

Don't you feel this way on just about any agenda you don't know about that pertains to Trump?

I don't vote for anybody based on one thing in a campaign...Especially something complex like a tax plan boiled down to a campaign website blurb.

What specifically did you like about the plan? Cutting tax rate for corps? Cutting top tax rate? Eliminating the college loan interest deduction?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: April 27, 2017, 01:27:55 PM »

Sorry, I'm not sorry.

I am very lucky and had the help of my parents... but by no means did they flip the whole bill. Regardless, I believe we shouldn't be putting that burden on young adults (or their families). It should just be available to any citizens of this country... A right, if you will. Similar to health care... Using the analogy, a rising tide lifts all boats, i.e. when we all are better educated and healthier we all benefit and share in the prosperity.
Your need to make fun of ppl that "pull up their bootstraps" said it all really. Just a self entitled ass hat that doesn't know what it's really like to start from nothing and work your way to a certain goal, only to be strapped because of bills like education that hold hard working folks back. Sorry if I have respect for those folks and you like to lol at them from your throne.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:33:02 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: April 27, 2017, 01:31:10 PM »
Phil, nobody votes for anybody based off of one thing, JFC. However, out of all the campaigns to do so in thee entire history of the world, this would have been the one to focus on a few key areas. Both shitty candidates by the end of the day.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: April 27, 2017, 01:32:50 PM »
This is the plan Donald campaigned with.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/trump-tax-reform.pdf

It will be interesting to see if the IRS actually sends out the "I win" forms to all of the poor people who pay no tax.

Phil, nobody votes for anybody based off of one thing, JFC. However, out of all the campaigns to do so in thee entire history of the world, this would have been the one to focus on a few key areas. Both shitty candidates by the end of the day.

If you are going to be a single issue voter, your tax rate is the most logical issue to pick.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: April 27, 2017, 01:35:03 PM »
Agreed

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: April 27, 2017, 01:35:27 PM »
federal land, tho

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: April 27, 2017, 01:36:43 PM »
I'm starting to suspect that some people can't handle this thread
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: April 27, 2017, 01:37:23 PM »
Agreed

Problem is a tax plan has a lot more facets than a tax rate and income level chart. For example you won't be able to deduct education interest.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: April 27, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »

There is a lot of anger today from Cam and WC

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: April 27, 2017, 01:39:12 PM »
"Come on, Wacky. Just because you disagree with their opinion, so they call you rough ridin' idiot, ignorant, etc. just sit there and take it. Don't banter back"- SDK
Nope. I'm sure you're fully aware of how little of your check goes to social welfare. I also know you are a good person.

So I was disappointed at your seeming delight for sticking it those less fortunate than you.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: April 27, 2017, 01:40:45 PM »

Sorry, I'm not sorry.

Your need to make fun of ppl that "pull up their bootstraps" said it all really. Just a self entitled ass hat that doesn't know what it's really like to start from nothing and work your way to a certain goal, only to be strapped because of bills like education that hold hard working folks back. Sorry if I have respect for those folks and you like to lol at them from your thrown.

Dude... You just don't get it. What you are fighting against would have actually improved your lot in life. Free public higher education and the relief of having a basic level of medical health care no matter what would transform the lives of most americans, including you and I alike.

One day, when you are looking to expand your horizons, read the book "What's The Matter With Kansas". Break through the programming that you are so strongly grasping to, it's all just a facade.

Poor wacky can only handle so much from uppity liberals before he has a meltdown.
untuck manhattan