Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049558 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #2775 on: March 20, 2017, 04:27:25 PM »
Can we at least agree that we don't need to expand our military spending?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: March 20, 2017, 04:31:47 PM »
She says "there's too many stow aways, we need more rowers."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: March 20, 2017, 04:34:44 PM »
Yeah, the people who lose their Meals on Wheels can just join the military if they want food so bad.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: March 20, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »
No one is advocating that Rage.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: March 20, 2017, 04:40:26 PM »
I realize things got at jumbled.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: March 20, 2017, 04:48:12 PM »
All*

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2781 on: March 20, 2017, 08:30:14 PM »
I figured as much. Fwiw Sdk mom, a veteran, agrees with you. She would even be in favor of 2 years mandatory service. Be it military or civic. I could support that too. SdK mom may have persuaded me. She has a fair amount of experience with people abusing the system.

My point was that military spending and the meals on wheels program are not related. It's a false choice created by some idiot mouth piece to conjure up outrage. We're talking about a $4 trillion budget unconstrained by revenue. The military budget is proposed and debated wholly dependent from pork barrel like meals on wheels.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: March 21, 2017, 09:45:28 PM »
Weird, the VP of Iraq said on Frontline that once ISIS is eliminated a war between the Shia and Sunni's will spread across the globe.

Seems prudent that security vetting is up to speed given we don't have anything on most of these people, as FBI Director Comey confirmed in Congressional testimony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: March 22, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »

Dax, you're so goddamn hyper partisan that you would go ape crap about Benghazi but not give a damn about the Donald being investigated.

Sad!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: March 22, 2017, 11:40:55 PM »

Dax, you're so goddamn hyper partisan that you would go ape crap about Benghazi but not give a damn about the Donald being investigated.

Sad!

Where did I say I didn't "give a crap"

Has the FBI announced they've officially ended the investigation into Hillary Clinton?   Oh wait, wait, that was when Comey basically said she's guilty as eff, but they're not going to do anything, right?  (Why am I thinking of the Hans Blix "sternly written letter" scene from Team America . . . I digress).

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: March 22, 2017, 11:46:52 PM »
Dax you never say anything. You're a parrot

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: March 22, 2017, 11:48:13 PM »
I don't know how you do it. Regurgitating all day. How does your body survive?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: March 22, 2017, 11:48:53 PM »
Oh and Benghazi?  Where did that come from?

Oh, but here's what they were protecting.

Two months after the report laying out AQI support for the rebels — another of the documents obtained by Judicial Watch shows — the DIA provided a detailed description of how weapons got shipped from Benghazi to Syria, presumably for rebel groups. “During the immediate aftermath of, and following the uncertainty caused by, the downfall of the [Qaddafi] regime in October 2011 and up until early September of 2012,” the report explained, “weapons from the former Libya military stockpiles located in Benghazi, Libya were shipped from the port of Benghazi, Libya, to the ports of Banias and the Port of Borj Islam, Syria.

No way Hillary (huge spook) was going to save their ass and possibly let this operation get exposed.

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/28/the_benghazi_outrage_we_actually_should_be_talking_about/
(man from Salon, they must have cried before the wrote that)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: March 22, 2017, 11:59:19 PM »

Sad!

Has the FBI announced they've officially ended the investigation into Hillary Clinton?   Oh wait, wait, that was when Comey basically said she's guilty as eff, but they're not going to do anything, right?  (Why am I thinking of the Hans Blix "sternly written letter" scene from Team America . . . I digress).

I consider not giving a crap, not ever questioning it or any of Donald's other blatant lies.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: March 23, 2017, 12:05:20 AM »

Sad!

I consider not giving a crap, not ever questioning it or any of Donald's other blatant lies.

Lies about what specifically??   

Weird how Dems are suddenly so concerned about lies from a President.   8 years on vacation from executive branch oversight does tend to gird up the energy. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: March 23, 2017, 12:07:09 AM »
Always about the libs and dems

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: March 23, 2017, 12:16:26 AM »

Sad!

Weird how Dems are suddenly so concerned about lies from a President.   8 years on vacation from executive branch oversight does tend to gird up the energy.

Ok, I know you'll give me "you can keep your plan and your doctor." Tell me the rest. I know you know them.

The difference between that lie and the lies Trump tells is that Obama may have intended to keep that promise.

On the other hand Trump blatantly lies about things that people with any commonsense know aren't true:

3-5 million illegal people voted for Hillary which is why he didn't win the popular vote
Trump had the bigger inauguration crowd
Mexico will pay for the wall
Didn't want to go into Iraq
Claimed credit for manufacturing jobs coming to the U.S. that had already been mapped out under Obama

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: March 23, 2017, 12:20:09 AM »
Not worth your time, bucket.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: March 23, 2017, 12:26:58 AM »

Sad!

Ok, I know you'll give me "you can keep your plan and your doctor." Tell me the rest. I know you know them.

The difference between that lie and the lies Trump tells is that Obama may have intended to keep that promise.

On the other hand Trump blatantly lies about things that people with any commonsense know aren't true:

3-5 million illegal people voted for Hillary which is why he didn't win the popular vote
Claimed credit for manufacturing jobs coming to the U.S. that had already been mapped out under Obama

First of all, the Obama presidency was wrapped in a huge lie that they were going to be the exact opposite from the Bush administration, and the kool-aid drinkers lapped it all up.   Yet, when we roll back the carpet we know that the Obama administration expanded perpetual war, unleashed the CIA (and the deep state) and implemented the most dangerous nonsensical foreign policy, possibly ever.   Literally putting the world at the brink of war all over the globe. 

They overthrew a government in Libya for no reason, were shipping arms into Syria, got a U.S. Ambassador killed and then tried to tell us it was because of a YouTube video (that's just one example).  BTW, we got ZERO explanations as to why the U.S. wanted to overthrow the government of Syria (or at least help others do it) in the most whacked out, mumped up foreign policy move ever that has created a catesrophe of stunning proportions (likely intentionally). 

In later years they handed over $2 billion in ransom money to one of the most dangerous regimes on earth and then denied it, while entering the U.S. into a nuclear deal that the people's representatives weren't allowed to read all of, or ratify (that's just another example). 

Obama told us we could read the ACA before it was voted on, we couldn't, he signed it into law.

I don't know Bucket, I'm piling up a pretty big effing list of what you classify as "good intentions" but look like really big effing lies if not outright deception.   I could keep going.

So, while you get caught up in hyperbole and rhetoric of Trump, your hero handed us a crap sandwich and told us to enjoy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: March 23, 2017, 12:38:21 AM »
Here's another massive set of lies:

ISIS - "The JV"

"We're rolling back AQ" . . . nothing could be further from the truth.   AQ, AQ Sinai, AQ North Africa, AQAP . . . not much of a rollback there.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: March 23, 2017, 12:39:11 AM »

Sad!

First of all, the Obama presidency was wrapped in a huge lie that they were going to be the exact opposite from the Bush administration, and the kool-aid drinkers lapped it all up.   Yet, when we roll back the carpet we know that the Obama administration expanded perpetual war, unleashed the CIA (and the deep state) and implemented the most dangerous nonsensical foreign policy, possibly ever.   Literally putting the world at the brink of war all over the globe. 

They overthrew a government in Libya for no reason, were shipping arms into Syria, got a U.S. Ambassador killed and then tried to tell us it was because of a YouTube video (that's just one example).  BTW, we got ZERO explanations as to why the U.S. wanted to overthrow the government of Syria (or at least help others do it) in the most whacked out, mumped up foreign policy move ever that has created a catesrophe of stunning proportions (likely intentionally). 

In later years they handed over $2 billion in ransom money to one of the most dangerous regimes on earth and then denied it, while entering the U.S. into a nuclear deal that the people's representatives weren't allowed to read all of, or ratify (that's just another example). 

Obama told us we could read the ACA before it was voted on, we couldn't, he signed it into law.

I don't know Bucket, I'm piling up a pretty big effing list of what you classify as "good intentions" but look like really big effing lies if not outright deception.   I could keep going.

So, while you get caught up in hyperbole and rhetoric of Trump, your hero handed us a crap sandwich and told us to enjoy.

Your definition of perpetual war sounds like fewer boots on the ground to me.

George Bush got the ball rolling on the NSA.

Putting the world on the brink of war? Sure the Middle East is as explosive as ever, but what's new?

No explanation on why the U.S. wanted to overthrow Syria? How about because their military machine gunned down peaceful protests on more than one occasion during the Arab Spring?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: March 23, 2017, 12:42:13 AM »

Your definition of perpetual war sounds like fewer boots on the ground to me. (so you're all for nonsensical remote control wars, war by proxy, and death and destruction as long as the U.S. has fewer casualties, got it, ghoul).

George Bush got the ball rolling on the NSA. (no, Harry Truman did, although he regretted it very much later)

Putting the world on the brink of war? Sure the Middle East is as explosive as ever, but what's new?  (no just the Middle East, friend)

No explanation on why the U.S. wanted to overthrow Syria? How about because their military machine gunned down peaceful protests on more than one occasion during the Arab Spring? (so it was okay to inject ourselves into yet another civil war in a soverign nation?  That's the tried and true insane reasoning lovers of perpetual war give all the time). 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: March 23, 2017, 12:45:15 AM »
Dax's definition of civil war is peaceful protesters against the military.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: March 23, 2017, 12:50:19 AM »
Dax's definition of civil war is peaceful protesters against the military.

So laughably oversimplified it's absurd.

Overthrowing the sitting government of a country like Syria is a surefire formula for another failed state like . . . oh, Libya for example.

Particularly when you're going to do it by arming every Theocratic Thug you can hand an AK-47 to (likely shipped in from Libya or Croatia).

You're insane, friend.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: March 23, 2017, 12:53:56 AM »
Hey Bucket, the Russian put together a deal in 2012 (as confirmed multiple times by French Diplomats) to have Assad peacefully step aside in an orderly transition of power.

Your heroes said no . . . so here we are, the worst humanitarian crisis since WWII.