Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049655 times)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #2576 on: March 01, 2017, 08:06:37 AM »
Yeah don't want to dimmer the afterglow of the political theater of parading a dead SEALs widow out for applause when that SEAL would still be alive if not for Trump's ego.

The bar is so low for this "president" that any speech that he doesn't say completely batshit crazy things is seen as a major victory.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: March 01, 2017, 08:12:35 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: March 01, 2017, 08:33:31 AM »
Yeah don't want to dimmer the afterglow of the political theater of parading a dead SEALs widow out for applause when that SEAL would still be alive if not for Trump's ego.

The bar is so low for this "president" that any speech that he doesn't say completely batshit crazy things is seen as a major victory.
You're kidding, right? Are you just filled with this much rage these days, that you blindly haven't seen this before under your guy?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: March 01, 2017, 09:55:52 AM »
I actually look forward to more KU Karl.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: March 01, 2017, 10:07:20 AM »

You're kidding, right? Are you just filled with this much rage these days, that you blindly haven't seen this before under your guy?

Throw everyone under the bus, and possibly overstate the yield of the mission, then basks in the emotional show of support for the widow of the fallen hero.

:thumbsup:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: March 01, 2017, 10:28:51 AM »
Speech so good can't sully it with immigration reform order ...That used to be so critical to roll out immediately due to danger.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: March 01, 2017, 11:10:54 AM »

First - speech was all in all pretty good, didn't dwell on old talking points and inconsequential beefs.  put forth some outlines of policy, while rather devoid of detail a marked improvement and a signal of actual governance.

Second - republican partisanship over the pas 8 years have in large part created the political climate Trump is dealing with and the retaliation by dems both in terms of policy and personal conversations

*this situation is neither productive nor professional but it is tough to have it both ways

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: March 01, 2017, 11:11:35 AM »

No, anytime a Democrat parades out relatives of dead soldiers it is also disingenuous political theater. Just so happens that Trumpublicans do it a lot more.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: March 01, 2017, 11:47:55 AM »

Veteran's thoughts on the attention given to the widow of Navy SEAL Ryan Owens from last night.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: March 01, 2017, 12:31:58 PM »
They clearly are just full of rage per WackyTrump08

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2587 on: March 01, 2017, 12:51:30 PM »
Breaking News: proponents of one political party are outraged by the conduct of a member of another political party, despite members of their own party engaging in identical conduct.

:shakesfist:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: March 01, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »

First - speech was all in all pretty good, didn't dwell on old talking points and inconsequential beefs.  put forth some outlines of policy, while rather devoid of detail a marked improvement and a signal of actual governance.

Second - republican partisanship over the pas 8 years have in large part created the political climate Trump is dealing with and the retaliation by dems both in terms of policy and personal conversations

*this situation is neither productive nor professional but it is tough to have it both ways

Yeah, but pubs were just doing what the dems did to W, etc.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: March 01, 2017, 01:10:58 PM »
Breaking News: proponents of one political party are outraged by the conduct of a member of another political party, despite members of their own party engaging in identical conduct.

:shakesfist:
:lol: Exactly!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: March 01, 2017, 01:38:51 PM »
Mary Katharine Hamm just brought up a good point. The widow chose to be there knowing that President would make a national tribute. She deserves not be reduced to being a prop. I can get behind this. Both of my parents are veterans and I can identify with the fear of being having a loved one overseas in a war zone. The pain that causes.

Anyway, I didn't care for Trumps last little quip. But whatever.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: March 01, 2017, 01:42:24 PM »
Oh and score one for Iraq. :D

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2592 on: March 01, 2017, 01:53:26 PM »
Trump's primary challenge isn't giving a speech he's spent days preparing.

His primary challenge is controlling his temper during bad news cycles and acting like a normal adult 80% of the time.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: March 01, 2017, 02:49:45 PM »

Throw everyone under the bus, and possibly overstate the yield of the mission, then basks in the emotional show of support for the widow of the fallen hero.

:thumbsup:
While the father wants a full review and investigation.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: March 01, 2017, 08:00:36 PM »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: March 01, 2017, 08:51:10 PM »
Go Trump's agenda!

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/837075498769395717

What day should we short the market FSD?  Tax plan announcement? 

Gotta love a man of the forgotten man....I'm sure those coal miners are dancing in the streets with their huge portfolios

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: March 01, 2017, 09:05:08 PM »
Be excited Phil. They're pricing in growth. Not improved profits from firing everyone, but actual growth.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: March 01, 2017, 09:13:57 PM »
Be excited Phil. They're pricing in growth. Not improved profits from firing everyone, but actual growth.

Obama really did turn it around...pretty impressive.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: March 01, 2017, 09:29:28 PM »
Obama  :lol:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: March 01, 2017, 09:34:40 PM »
Obama  :lol:

The Dow has gone up more than 140% since Obama's inauguration in January 2009.
If you look at how the Dow has done since it hit its low point on March 6, 2009, it's up 210%.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/10/investing/obama-stock-market-trump/

...but totally give Trump credit for the dow going above 21k with 40 days in office and nothing but a few EOs signed.