Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049692 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1600 on: February 01, 2017, 10:58:22 AM »
And again, the children of muslim immigrants appear to pose an even more significant problem..

Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?

http://www.businessinsider.com/minneapolis-isis-problem-2015-9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzhokhar_Tsarnaev

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Mateen
K-S-U-wilds-cat-s, can you address the allegations that immigrants from Saudi Arabia are not banned and, if true, explain?

I don't think immigrants from SA are subject to the executive order. The executive order actually doesn't reference any countries by name except for Syria. Instead, it points to a 2015 law, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), which refers to certain "countries or areas of concern" as defined by the State Department. So if you want to know why those particular seven countries are "on the list" and SA is not, I'd suggest asking these guys (between golfing and wind surfing sessions).

If he can add Syria, why not SA and UAE?  I can tell you why.  For free, just ask.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: February 01, 2017, 11:05:36 AM »

What's interesting Wacky is that now Dems are trying to go back and "explain" what Bill Clinton "really meant", but look at that bi-partisan standing O!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 01, 2017, 11:08:55 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 01, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »
And again, the children of muslim immigrants appear to pose an even more significant problem..

K-S-U-wilds-cat-s, can you address the allegations that immigrants from Saudi Arabia are not banned and, if true, explain?

I don't think immigrants from SA are subject to the executive order. The executive order actually doesn't reference any countries by name except for Syria. Instead, it points to a 2015 law, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), which refers to certain "countries or areas of concern" as defined by the State Department. So if you want to know why those particular seven countries are "on the list" and SA is not, I'd suggest asking these guys (between golfing and wind surfing sessions).

If he can add Syria, why not SA and UAE?  I can tell you why.  For free, just ask.

I don't need to ask why. It was the most politically expedient way to quickly fulfill a campaign promise - not to mention a great way to troll the liberal media hyperventilating over a law passed by Obama and implemented by John Kerry. As I've said, I don't think the executive order goes far enough, but my hope is that the new DHS and SOS can develop a better policy with respect to vetting and monitoring immigrants.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 01, 2017, 12:11:34 PM »

I don't need to ask why. It was the most politically expedient way to quickly fulfill a campaign promise - not to mention a great way to troll the liberal media hyperventilating over a law passed by Obama and implemented by John Kerry. As I've said, I don't think the executive order goes far enough, but my hope is that the new DHS and SOS can develop a better policy with respect to vetting and monitoring immigrants.

While also protecting the president's personal financial interests.  win-win (except unless terrorists from UAE and SA attack us again) then Americans lose big time.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: February 01, 2017, 12:13:32 PM »
are there really people that thought that was a competent roll out of a policy? 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 01, 2017, 12:19:34 PM »
are there really people that thought that was a competent roll out of a policy?

If you think a competent roll out involves the purported trolling of a large portion of the country

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 01, 2017, 12:35:58 PM »
Lol anybody thinking the president is trolling people or that trolling people with public policy is an okay thing.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 01, 2017, 12:50:16 PM »

While also protecting the president's personal financial interests.  win-win (except unless terrorists from UAE and SA attack us again) then Americans lose big time.

Uh huh. So I guess Trump has a hotel in Riyadh or something? Put down the tinfoil. There's enough fodder here for genuine discussion without crackpot conspiracy theories.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 01, 2017, 01:02:49 PM »
Jeddah actually.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 01, 2017, 01:08:34 PM »
And Dubai

But don't ask questions, fall in line

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 01, 2017, 01:37:34 PM »
The UAE and SA should be on the list.

With that said, the U.S. is still open for business for hundreds of millions of Muslims and hundreds of millions of other people, so getting into the country isn't that hard.

ISIS has infiltrated operatives into the ranks of refugees.   The prior administration suspended Iraqi visas for 6 months because of ONE guy, and the testimony of two other guys who were more likely just trying to get themselves off the hook.    The historical and legal precedence and power for this temporary ban has been signed off on again and again by Dems et. al. numerous times, including numerous Dems who are still holding office.  The Middle East is as eff'd up as it's ever been ISIS/ISIL, AQ, AQAP, AQ Libya, ISIS Libya, ISIS Sinai,  they're not the same as the nation state sub actors like the PLO, Hamas and Hezbollah.     The civil wars (with huge US involvement) in Libya and Syria and subsequent refugee crisis have only made the situation worse. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 01, 2017, 01:40:26 PM »
 Yup

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 01, 2017, 01:50:09 PM »
Can we just stop meddling or are we addicted? Perhaps MEMA? (ME meddling anonymous)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 01, 2017, 01:51:05 PM »
Michael Flynn just put Iran "on notice." 

So much for no warmongering, eh Dax?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 01, 2017, 01:52:53 PM »
Iran has been on notice since Carter

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 01, 2017, 01:53:39 PM »
Words v actions kk
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 01, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »

Uh huh. So I guess Trump has a hotel in Riyadh or something? Put down the tinfoil. There's enough fodder here for genuine discussion without crackpot conspiracy theories.
I ask because the pretense is to prevent terror attacks and he invoked 9/11 by name and I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 01, 2017, 03:18:23 PM »
Also I'm surprised to learn that this whole thing was Obama's plan, given how blood isn't coming out of your wherever.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 01, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »
Iran has been on notice since Carter

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: February 01, 2017, 05:26:24 PM »
Donald Trump today threatened to deploy US troops to Mexico to stop "bad hombres" there on a call with Mexican President Nieto.

I guess still just technically words tho dax!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: February 01, 2017, 05:33:05 PM »
Sovereign nations love that type of talk.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: February 01, 2017, 08:13:03 PM »
Donald Trump today threatened to deploy US troops to Mexico to stop "bad hombres" there on a call with Mexican President Nieto.

FAKE NEWS

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 01, 2017, 08:54:57 PM »

FAKE NEWS

I'm sure the conversation with Australia was fake too right?  It's amazing how quick the leaks are coming out...almost like he's completely unfit to be president and staffers are seeing it.  Weird huh?

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 01, 2017, 09:05:32 PM »

FAKE NEWS

I'm sure the conversation with Australia was fake too right?  It's amazing how quick the leaks are coming out...almost like he's completely unfit to be president and staffers are seeing it.  Weird huh?
Uh, Mexico's foreign relations department said this:

Mexico's foreign relations department denied that account, saying it “is based on absolute falsehoods,” and later said the statement also applied to the excerpt provided to the Associated Press.

“The assertions that you make about said conversation do not correspond to the reality of it,” the statement said. “The tone was constructive and it was agreed by the presidents to continue working and that the teams will continue to meet frequently to construct an agreement that is positive for Mexico and for the United States.”

Who to believe?