Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049682 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1475 on: January 30, 2017, 03:27:44 PM »
it's going to be a long up to and including 4 years dax

Not really. 

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 30, 2017, 03:51:48 PM »
It's going to be amazing when Bannon tells Trump to open up the internment camps and dax blames their opening on Obama

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 30, 2017, 03:53:39 PM »
It's going to be amazing when Bannon tells Trump to open up the internment camps and dax blames their opening on Obama

Well, I do agree that goes beyond the indefinite detention that the Obama administration was angling for in the context of the Patriot Act.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 30, 2017, 05:18:12 PM »
You guys are so slow.  Where was the total meltdown when Obama did very similar things.

Just admit that at the end of the day, this all about politics and very little to do with humanitarianism or great concern about impacted peoples.

We have a refugee and security problem now, because we had an Obama Perpetual War problem for 8 years.

I thought Obama exited Iraq too soon  :confused:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 30, 2017, 05:40:52 PM »
We have a refugee and security problem now, because we had an Obama Perpetual War problem for 8 years.

How has this problem manifested itself?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 30, 2017, 06:19:03 PM »

Millions of refugees, including over 2 million in Turkey.   ISIS for example has long maintained that they use Turkey to smuggle things and people into Europe.   In late 2015 ISIS claimed it had embedded thousands of fighters into the ranks of the refugees going into Europe.   New book coming out will claim that Obama rejected over 50 proposals from the CIA to to start the final overthrow of Assad.   That's good, but the problem is, Obama opted for a carrot and stick approach and that only protracted the war and was an approach that was not coupled by any real overtures for peace.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 30, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »

Millions of refugees, including over 2 million in Turkey.   ISIS for example has long maintained that they use Turkey to smuggle things and people into Europe.   In late 2015 ISIS claimed it had embedded thousands of fighters into the ranks of the refugees going into Europe.   New book coming out will claim that Obama rejected over 50 proposals from the CIA to to start the final overthrow of Assad.   That's good, but the problem is, Obama opted for a carrot and stick approach and that only protracted the war and was an approach that was not coupled by any real overtures for peace.

So what you're saying is that the problem hasn't manifested itself. All I wanted to know.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 30, 2017, 06:25:36 PM »

So what you're saying is that the problem hasn't manifested itself. All I wanted to know.

So there have been no terrorist attacks in Europe?   

Weird, I wonder why back in November Hollande (among many) was calling for tighter security in other European countries in regards to refugees.    Maybe he was just paranoid?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 30, 2017, 06:32:40 PM »
A clear example of a problem not manifesting:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 30, 2017, 06:35:29 PM »
Look at the previous map from Time, read the article from the NYT's and then tell yourself that the problem is not manifesting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/22/world/europe/how-the-saudis-turned-kosovo-into-fertile-ground-for-isis.html

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: January 30, 2017, 06:36:36 PM »

Weird, I wonder why back in November Hollande (among many) was calling for tighter security in other European countries in regards to refugees.    Maybe he was just paranoid?

Yes, there have been a couple of terrorists attacks in France. Interesting that Hollande hasn't handled the problem like a reactionary eff face that would have embarrassed his country and further emboldened terrorists by giving them the opportunity to show state sponsored islamaphobia. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 30, 2017, 06:38:33 PM »

Yes, there have been a couple of terrorists attacks in France. Interesting that Hollande hasn't handled the problem like a reactionary eff face that would have embarrassed his country and further emboldened terrorists by giving them the opportunity to show state sponsored islamaphobia.

I seem to recall a number of French Para-Military raids on "no go" zones in France after-the-fact.   So it sounds like Hollande allowed the situation to, dare I say, Manifest, and then had to crack down.   But hey, by all means, continue.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 30, 2017, 06:44:11 PM »

People are fleeing a country involved in a civil war. Weird, dax. I'm sure those tent cities with hundreds of thousands of refugees in Turkey and Iraq are putting real strains on those nations, great point.

The better question is, what in the eff does that have to do with the executive order? I was unaware of Syrians with unfettered access to our borders.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 30, 2017, 06:44:34 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/15/francois-hollande-faces-political-backlash-nice-attack

French president criticised for failing to implement security and intelligence measures in wake of last year’s Paris attacks

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 30, 2017, 06:47:58 PM »

People are fleeing a country involved in a civil war. Weird, dax. I'm sure those tent cities with hundreds of thousands of refugees in Turkey and Iraq are putting real strains on those nations, great point.

The better question is, what in the eff does that have to do with the executive order? I was unaware of Syrians with unfettered access to our borders.

Gosh MIR, have any Middle East originated terrorist ever tried to enter the United States through Europe?

Where have over 50,000 Syrian refugees gone in Europe, what did the NYT's massive expose on that country say?

FTR, I disagree with the order not including Saudi Arabia, the Obama administration protected those guys, now Trump is, and it's bullshit.

With that said, where did the CIA draw a substantial amount of funding to arm "rebels" in Syria?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 30, 2017, 06:50:49 PM »

I seem to recall a number of French Para-Military raids on "no go" zones in France after-the-fact.   So it sounds like Hollande allowed the situation to, dare I say, Manifest, and then had to crack down.   But hey, by all means, continue.

I like how in just a single post you went from, "Hollande thinks we should crack down on refugees" to "Hollande was an idiot who allowed his country to be attacked because of his inaction."

I shouldn't take you literally, I'm sure you're joking again.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 30, 2017, 06:52:45 PM »

I like how in just a single post you went from, "Hollande thinks we should crack down on refugees" to "Hollande was an idiot who allowed his country to be attacked because of his inaction."

Understand what "after-the-fact" means and then we can continue the conversation.   You don't even know what the eff you're saying, as always.  You ask for how the problem has manifested and I'm laying it all for you.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 30, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »

Understand what "after-the-fact" means and then we can continue the conversation.   You don't even know what the eff you're saying, as always.  You ask for how the problem has manifested and I'm laying it all for you.

No you responded with, "well there's a lot of refugees." We know there's a lot of refugees, I ask you for the problems, not to point out that a civil war produced refugees.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 30, 2017, 07:02:34 PM »

No you responded with, "well there's a lot of refugees." We know there's a lot of refugees, I ask you for the problems, not to point out that a civil war produced refugees.

I've walked you through where the problems have manifested.   You as always have just chosen to ignore it. 

http://www.newsweek.com/how-isis-smuggles-terrorists-among-syrian-refugees-453039

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/how-europes-migrant-crisis-became-an-opportunity-for-isis/2016/04/21/ec8a7231-062d-4185-bb27-cc7295d35415_story.html?utm_term=.9d8a32556cc0

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/15/europe/paris-attacks-passports/

Try something other than Vox for your "news" for a change.

The Big Train

« Reply #1494 on: January 30, 2017, 07:05:43 PM »
I thought WaPo was fake news :confused:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 30, 2017, 07:07:02 PM »
I thought WaPo was fake news :confused:

It wasn't until Bezo's decided to make it personal (read the dates, friend).  Back then, they thought Trump was going to get killed.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 30, 2017, 07:16:41 PM »
Civil Wars tend to create power vacuums.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/isis-fake-passport-industry-official/story?id=36505984

Last month ABC News reported that U.S. intelligence suspected ISIS had acquired thousands of blank Syrian passports and at least one passport printing machine after taking over government offices in Syria. Officials from Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) said in a 17-page report that the terror group has likely been able to print legitimate-looking Syrian passports since at least last summer – and raised the possibility that people using the forged documents have snuck into America.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 30, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »

I've walked you through where the problems have manifested.   You as always have just chosen to ignore it. 

http://www.newsweek.com/how-isis-smuggles-terrorists-among-syrian-refugees-453039

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/how-europes-migrant-crisis-became-an-opportunity-for-isis/2016/04/21/ec8a7231-062d-4185-bb27-cc7295d35415_story.html?utm_term=.9d8a32556cc0

So to recap; three Syrian refugees participating in terrorists attacks in France out of the four million refugees that have left is sound enough evidence for the United States; not France, Germany, Jordan, Turkey, Iraq, Italy, Switzerland, etc. to issue a travel ban for six countries throughout the world. Makes perfect sense, Canada had a terrorist attack just 90 miles from our country just yesterday. It seems you should expect to see a temporary travel ban from citizens of Canada, France, Switzerland, Belgium, and the Ivory Coast very soon.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 30, 2017, 07:24:49 PM »
Imagine if people paid this much attention to gun violence. We are over here worrying about lightning striking two times at the same place. Talk about ignoring the 800 lb gorilla.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 30, 2017, 07:27:49 PM »

So to recap; three Syrian refugees participating in terrorists attacks in France out of the four million refugees that have left is sound enough evidence for the United States; not France, Germany, Jordan, Turkey, Iraq, Italy, Switzerland, etc. to issue a travel ban for six countries throughout the world. Makes perfect sense, Canada had a terrorist attack just 90 miles from our country just yesterday. It seems you should expect to see a temporary travel ban from citizens of Canada, France, Switzerland, Belgium, and the Ivory Coast very soon.

Homeland Security already believes that ISIS using their fake passport capabilities may have already infiltrated the United States, read the article I posted.    They're playing the long game.   You don't just send people in and then have them instantly attack, that's a sure recipe for ensuring that the easiest ingress methods are shut down, possibly forever.