Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049148 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1450 on: January 30, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »
It is the "correct" story but disingenuous in presentation.  Nice job of not emphasizing that the visa ban on Iraqis was done for security reasons and failing to expand on the fact that it was done with minimal transparency. 

so no link to the Obama visa ban? thanks

There's two articles already posted.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 30, 2017, 11:37:54 AM »
And again, the children of muslim immigrants appear to pose an even more significant problem..

Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: January 30, 2017, 11:38:09 AM »
It is the "correct" story but disingenuous in presentation.  Nice job of not emphasizing that the visa ban on Iraqis was done for security reasons and failing to expand on the fact that it was done with minimal transparency. 

:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 30, 2017, 11:39:57 AM »
 "As a result of the Kentucky case, the State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011, federal officials told ABC News – even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets. One Iraqi who had aided American troops was assassinated before his refugee application could be processed, because of the immigration delays, two U.S. officials said. In 2011, fewer than 10,000 Iraqis were resettled as refugees in the U.S., half the number from the year before, State Department statistics show."

(ABC News)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 30, 2017, 11:40:57 AM »

Weird and random cRusty

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: January 30, 2017, 11:58:17 AM »

This is dax in a nutshell rofl
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 30, 2017, 12:00:39 PM »
there’s a runaway front-runner in the “wrongest idea of 2016” derby. It’s the aphorism, once fashionable on the morning-talk show circuit, that the media mistakenly took Donald Trump “literally but not seriously,” when they should have taken him “seriously but not literally”.

good article.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-doing-what-he-said-hed-do/
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 30, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
Numerous Foreign Service officers and other diplomats have drafted a dissent memo expressing opposition to President Donald Trump’s executive order banning refugees and immigrants from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen from entering the United States. ABC reported this morning on the draft, which is likely to be submitted today.

Here’s a copy of the actual draft. We are hearing that literally hundreds of foreign service officers are planning to be party to the dissent memo; it’s still unclear exactly how many.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/breaking-news-full-text-draft-dissent-channel-memo-trump-refugee-and-visa-order

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 30, 2017, 12:21:25 PM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/no-barack-obama-jimmy-carter-9717520?service=responsive#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1459 on: January 30, 2017, 12:41:16 PM »
So when Trump restricts travel from Iraq it's based on religion, but when obama does it, it is not. What an honest and objective analysis.

Trump caps refugees at 50,000. Obama caps wholly unmentioned. This is just pathetic on the part of the left.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 30, 2017, 12:54:00 PM »
So you guys were against what Obama did but okay with Trump doing it to more countries and more broad/vague? Got it.  Not hypocritical at all. Keep following president bannon down the rabbit hole.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 30, 2017, 12:56:51 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1462 on: January 30, 2017, 01:03:30 PM »
So you guys were against what Obama did but okay with Trump doing it to more countries and more broad/vague? Got it.  Not hypocritical at all. Keep following president bannon down the rabbit hole.

I don't recall the obama muslim ban being reported. Do you? I certainly don't remember tens of thousands of libtards taking to the straights with unrepentant outrage accusing obama of being a holocaust denier. Do you?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 30, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »
Way to dodge the question....What was reported 6 years ago is water under the bridge....But to answer your question no I do not remember ...Now you answer mine.

Based on the articles posted there was definitely a difference between the two actions no matter what Trump tells you to think.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 30, 2017, 01:14:47 PM »

Actually seems pretty sensible to take a pause and allow new appointees to reexamine vetting procedure.

based on all the refugee terrorist attacks in the last fifteen years?

I think it is based on more than just "terrorism" committed by "refugees." We should reexamine our immigration policy with respect to predominantly muslim hell holes based on all crime committed by immigrants and their children.

But anyway, here's one just off the top of my head that meets your narrow classification. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspect-dead-after-ohio-state-university-car-knife-attack-n689076

As I mentioned, there are also numerous instances of refugees committing rape, murder, and other horrible crimes, such as this "Minnesota Man." And again, the children of muslim immigrants appear to pose an even more significant problem. Poor immigration and settlement policy is leading to a lack of assimilation and resulting radicalization, such as what the Minneapolis/St. Paul Somali community is experiencing.

I'm not going to argue whether such crime rates are proportional to the population at large because that is completely irrelevant - we are allowing these people in who otherwise would not be here, so we can be proactive about reducing risk.

I think opponents of a thoughtful, cautious immigration policy with respect to predominantly muslim countries with strong ties to radicalization are blinded by a misguided adherence to political correctness.

I think how proportional immigrant crime rate is to the population at large is very relevant. If your standard is no crime at all, then nobody would be able to immigrate from any country.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 30, 2017, 01:20:11 PM »

Actually seems pretty sensible to take a pause and allow new appointees to reexamine vetting procedure.

based on all the refugee terrorist attacks in the last fifteen years?

I think it is based on more than just "terrorism" committed by "refugees." We should reexamine our immigration policy with respect to predominantly muslim hell holes based on all crime committed by immigrants and their children.

But anyway, here's one just off the top of my head that meets your narrow classification. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspect-dead-after-ohio-state-university-car-knife-attack-n689076

As I mentioned, there are also numerous instances of refugees committing rape, murder, and other horrible crimes, such as this "Minnesota Man." And again, the children of muslim immigrants appear to pose an even more significant problem. Poor immigration and settlement policy is leading to a lack of assimilation and resulting radicalization, such as what the Minneapolis/St. Paul Somali community is experiencing.

I'm not going to argue whether such crime rates are proportional to the population at large because that is completely irrelevant - we are allowing these people in who otherwise would not be here, so we can be proactive about reducing risk.

I think opponents of a thoughtful, cautious immigration policy with respect to predominantly muslim countries with strong ties to radicalization are blinded by a misguided adherence to political correctness.

I think how proportional immigrant crime rate is to the population at large is very relevant. If your standard is no crime at all, then nobody would be able to immigrate from any country.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 30, 2017, 01:32:00 PM »
Wow, the left is absolutely unhinged at this point.

Speaking of the State Department, any entity at State that was on board with any of the following :  Libyan regime change.  Attempt to install Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.  Attempt to overthrow Assad.

Should be purged with extreme prejudice. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 30, 2017, 01:37:45 PM »
I also appreciate how the media has and is totally ignoring the root cause of the refugee crisis.

Great avoidance of the core issue. 

Sad

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 30, 2017, 01:39:35 PM »

Speaking of the State Department, any entity at State that was on board with any of the following :  Libyan regime change.  Attempt to install Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.  Attempt to overthrow Assad.

who the eff is Yonatan Zunger and why is he "the left" ?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: January 30, 2017, 01:49:17 PM »

who the eff is Yonatan Zunger and why is he "the left" ?

KK, I don't know.  He apparently works at Google.  Not an entity that seems partial to outspoken peoples of a conservative lean.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 30, 2017, 01:53:02 PM »
Dax trying to paint the picture that Trump ratcheting up what Obama did but somehow only supporting Trump is hilarious.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 30, 2017, 01:57:19 PM »
Great rationized reponse dax! "But but but Obama!"

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 30, 2017, 02:47:27 PM »
You guys are so slow.  Where was the total meltdown when Obama did very similar things.

Just admit that at the end of the day, this all about politics and very little to do with humanitarianism or great concern about impacted peoples.

We have a refugee and security problem now, because we had an Obama Perpetual War problem for 8 years.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 30, 2017, 03:15:23 PM »
it's going to be a long up to and including 4 years dax