Author Topic: Nigel Gone  (Read 99655 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Nigel Gone
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2015, 10:12:51 PM »
Signs should be replaced by sign - sized white boards

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2015, 11:56:29 PM »
maybe Nigel was upgraded to a more prestigious locker. did you check all of them?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2015, 01:25:27 AM »
Real question; does the gpc staff get a list of all the players cell numbers at the start of the year or how does that work?

If only things were that easy...

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2015, 07:50:05 AM »
Perhaps this is a no nameplate is good news kind of thing.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2015, 08:34:22 AM »
Perhaps this is a no nameplate is good news kind of thing.

Yeah, odds are oscar is just having Nigel's plate polished. Nothing to see here.

Online Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2015, 10:01:31 AM »
If oscar coaches 4 years has a Big 12 championship and makes the NCAA twice. I think you can shrug your shoulders and be fine with it.

sure if it was like this:

Year before oscar: 15-17, No post Season
Hire oscar
Year 1: 18-15, 1 win in Big XII tourney, NIT
Year 2: 16-16, 1 win in Big XII tourney, no postseason
Year 3: 24-10, 2 wins in Big XII tourney, NCAA 1st round loss
Years 4: 29-7, Big XII Title, 3 seed, sweet 16 etc.

But it ain't like that is it

If he is gone next year, I don't think he could of had a shorter tenure and got more out of it. I don't think anybody wants him here anymore. Might as well get the most out of it in the shortest amount time possible.

Totally agree with Mixed-Nuts here. I would actually be way more upset about losing CF3's hypothetical coach after four years (more like insanely pissed about losing him). oscar's two tourney bids (no wins), and our first conference title since 1980 isn't an awful stretch for the program if he flames out and is gone after next year.

Here's what I hope. I hope Nigel and Edwards are still on the team. I hope Dean is the next coming. I hope we go 25-10 (10-8) next year and win our first NCAA tourney game under oscar. I don't hate oscar enough to wish that our program (the program I love) falls apart just to spite him. If we suck next year and oscar is gone, then I'm fine with that too. It's only if we suck next year and oscar stays that I'll be upset.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2015, 10:04:12 AM »
Here's what I hope. I hope Nigel and Edwards are still on the team. I hope Dean is the next coming. I hope we go 25-10 (10-8) next year and win our first NCAA tourney game under oscar. I don't hate oscar enough to wish that our program (the program I love) falls apart just to spite him. If we suck next year and oscar is gone, then I'm fine with that too. It's only if we suck next year and oscar stays that I'll be upset.

100% agree.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2015, 10:08:11 AM »

100% agree.
You guys are so noble

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2015, 10:09:03 AM »
 :lol:

catzacker

« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2015, 10:09:33 AM »
I hope i win the lottery.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2015, 10:10:07 AM »
Doesn't seem noble. Just different ways of being a fan.

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2015, 10:12:23 AM »
Catman2 doesn't know crap.

One of many one line posters. You add nothing. Not a rational thought among them. Ain't that right bread.

I think we can all day that it is 100% clear that oscar has learned nothing from getting fired by Illinois.  He is repeating the same mistakes again and again.

I think he learned something at Illinois. There,he hung on to a talented problem child or two. Must have thought he could turn them around. He couldn't and it sent the team down the tubes.

We will see at Kansas State if his move of sending them packing works better. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, who knows.  Most would agree, something positive better happen on the court next year.

Some talented players don't follow the rules and are released. Duke let one go 2 months ago but then, Duke can fill those holes.

Who?  Richmond was gone after his freshman year.  Smith never played again after his sophomore year.

Answer the question, shitbrain.

McCamey

:lol:  Which team did McCamey, the most productive player oscar ever recruited to Illinois, send down the tubes?  What were his problems that oscar foolishly overlooked?  Good rough ridin' grief.

How many years sooner would oscar have been fired if he didn't have McCamey?  oscar wouldn't have sniffed the NIT between 2008-09 and 2010-11, let alone made the NCAAs twice, without him.  oscar should call Demetri once a week for the rest of his life and offer to blow him for everything he did for oscar that oscar did not then, and will never, deserve.

You have your opinion, I have mine.  I am not defending or trashing Weber. 
I am just saying he has had similar problems before and we will see if the situation improves this time.

McCamey, Weber and tough love      Chicago Sun Times - Inside Illinois - December 3, 2008[/u]

The frosty relationship between oscar Weber and Demetri McCamey resurfaced again after McCamey failed to pass, shoot or call a timeout at the end of Illinois’ 76-74 loss to Clemson, and it bears watching. Weber refused to start McCamey, his most talented player, in the first two games of the season in an effort to coax more intensity and consistency out of the sophomore point guard. McCamey doesn’t seem totally onboard with Weber’s tough-love approach, and Weber still seems impatient with McCamey’s casual approach. This uneasiness could make them stronger if they get past it–or it could make for more problems. When Weber arrived at Illinois, Dee Brown didn’t buy in initially, but when he did, it helped him become a complete, and more mature, player. On the other hand, Weber and Shaun Pruitt never saw eye-to-eye last year, and it cast a pall over the team. The McCamey deal is hardly on the same level, but both of them will benefit immensely, as will the team, if they can get on the same page. That means McCamey needs to step it up, but Weber probably has to watch his step psychologically, too.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »
Doesn't seem noble. Just different ways of being a _FAN.

I've learned a lot about who on gE would rather try and remodel a fixer upper or who would just cover the place in gasoline, set a match to it, and hope for some insurance money to come out of it.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2015, 10:17:18 AM »
I am just saying he has had similar problems before and we will see if the situation improves this time.

McCamey, Weber and tough love      Chicago Sun Times - Inside Illinois - December 3, 2008[/u]

The frosty relationship between oscar Weber and Demetri McCamey resurfaced again after McCamey failed to pass, shoot or call a timeout at the end of Illinois’ 76-74 loss to Clemson, and it bears watching. Weber refused to start McCamey, his most talented player, in the first two games of the season in an effort to coax more intensity and consistency out of the sophomore point guard. McCamey doesn’t seem totally onboard with Weber’s tough-love approach, and Weber still seems impatient with McCamey’s casual approach. This uneasiness could make them stronger if they get past it–or it could make for more problems. When Weber arrived at Illinois, Dee Brown didn’t buy in initially, but when he did, it helped him become a complete, and more mature, player. On the other hand, Weber and Shaun Pruitt never saw eye-to-eye last year, and it cast a pall over the team. The McCamey deal is hardly on the same level, but both of them will benefit immensely, as will the team, if they can get on the same page. That means McCamey needs to step it up, but Weber probably has to watch his step psychologically, too.

Well hell, I guess oscar has learned from his mistakes.  I am sure glad we at KSU don't have to go through what happened there...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2015, 10:17:51 AM »
Dax Doctrine: Some K-Staters like coaches more than the school.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2015, 10:19:41 AM »
Dax Doctrine: Some K-Staters like coaches more than the school.

:love:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »
It's amazing how much more patience GOSP has for oscar than he had for Prince. Like shocking really, he was gunning to Prince to be fired essentially as soon as he was hired.  But he still needs more time to figure out ole oscar-y boy. 

And its doubly ironic that he pulls this "I don't hate the program enought..." BS when he was rooting for the football team to lose because he wanted Prince out.

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2015, 10:25:39 AM »
Personally, I have never liked any coach or player more than the school.  Any player who transfers out is dead to me.  Any coach who leaves is dead to me.  Any current player at KSU I hope does well.  Any current coach at KSU I hope does very well, but if he/she fails in two successive seasons, I generally think it's time to move on.

I admitted last week I can't bring the damn zeal much, so I guess this me being a non-zealot.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2015, 10:30:47 AM »

Nobody hopes we lose just to spite oscar. They hope we lose to expedite his getting away from KSU. I hope we win because I hate when we lose. But, I can see the logic behind it. My absolute worst fear is annual bubble/NIT finishes with no real hope for excitement or success. I'm terrified that's what I'm going to be watching for the next decade. If the next ten years hold 3-5 NCAA tourny appearances with no sweet 16s I'm going to know that Team Lose Now was right.

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2015, 10:33:57 AM »
It's amazing how much more patience GOSP has for oscar than he had for Prince. Like shocking really, he was gunning to Prince to be fired essentially as soon as he was hired.  But he still needs more time to figure out ole oscar-y boy. 

And its doubly ironic that he pulls this "I don't hate the program enought..." BS when he was rooting for the football team to lose because he wanted Prince out.

Oh my. I hated the Prince hire, yes. My argument was he was horribly unqualified. (Less qualified than Snyder when we hired him, even though our program was in a much better place, was how I put it.) I've argued in lots of posts that I prefer hiring coaches who have experience. I made the same argument against hiring Venables until he proved himself at Clemson in my eyes. I thought the whole Doug Gottlieb thing was a joke for the same reason.

But sure, stir the pot and label me a racist, bad person. (Sorry filter is on at work.)

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2015, 10:36:24 AM »
P.S. oscar has had more success at KSU than Prince did.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2015, 10:40:53 AM »
P.S. oscar has had more success at KSU than Prince did.

1 shitty coach does not excuse another to be shitty

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2015, 10:41:38 AM »

Well hell, I guess oscar has learned from his mistakes.  I am sure glad we at KSU don't have to go through what happened there...

Love the sarcasm.  :ROFL:
If you are claiming I think he has things figured out, where do you get that?  I think the ship is sinking faster than he can bail.  Weber needs a miracle next year.
With McCamey, he gave him 2nd chances and he played well. However, the behavior of both couldn't have been positive for the team.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2015, 10:44:35 AM »

Nobody hopes we lose just to spite oscar. They hope we lose to expedite his getting away from KSU. I hope we win because I hate when we lose. But, I can see the logic behind it. My absolute worst fear is annual bubble/NIT finishes with no real hope for excitement or success. I'm terrified that's what I'm going to be watching for the next decade. If the next ten years hold 3-5 NCAA tourny appearances with no sweet 16s I'm going to know that Team Lose Now was right.

Definitely, the absolute fear for next year is being mediocre. Being a low tier bubble team that goes to the NIT or slightly below that. If we are going to be bad, then the best case scenario is to be terrible and much worse than this year so we can get this thing over with, I just can't "hope" for that to happen. I understand having a postive hope for next year is likely more futile than not, but its still what I'm going to do.

I get the fans that think SoSP and I are idiots (or worse), but honestly I really don't care what people think of me as a fan.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2015, 10:49:42 AM »

Definitely, the absolute fear for next year is being mediocre. Being a low tier bubble team that goes to the NIT or slightly below that. If we are going to be bad, then the best case scenario is to be terrible and much worse than this year so we can get this thing over with, I just can't "hope" for that to happen. I understand having a postive hope for next year is likely more futile than not, but its still what I'm going to do.

I get the fans that think SoSP and I are idiots (or worse), but honestly I really don't care what people think of me as a fan.

I would just prefer being shot in the head if I'm going to be slowly burned to death