Author Topic: Nigel Gone  (Read 100355 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nigel Gone
« Reply #225 on: March 30, 2015, 12:29:45 PM »
i hated the prince hire, could see right through his bs.  although in full disclosure i did start a thread the night of the texas win (i was boozed) entitled "I BELIEVE".  prob the low point of my bbs life.

http://goEMAW.com/archives/index.php?topic=16568.msg210048#msg210048

Mich was on board too.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 30, 2015, 12:31:39 PM »
i hated the prince hire, could see right through his bs.  although in full disclosure i did start a thread the night of the texas win (i was boozed) entitled "I BELIEVE".  prob the low point of my bbs life.

Mich was on board too.

totally. I still love the philosophy behind the Prince hire, he just turned out to be a crazy kook and I was fine with letting him go.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 30, 2015, 12:33:04 PM »

I think he learned something at Illinois. There,he hung on to a talented problem child or two. Must have thought he could turn them around. He couldn't and it sent the team down the tubes.

We will see at Kansas State if his move of sending them packing works better. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, who knows.  Most would agree, something positive better happen on the court next year.

Some talented players don't follow the rules and are released. Duke let one go 2 months ago but then, Duke can fill those holes.

Who?  Richmond was gone after his freshman year.  Smith never played again after his sophomore year.

Answer the question, shitbrain.

McCamey

:lol:  Which team did McCamey, the most productive player oscar ever recruited to Illinois, send down the tubes?  What were his problems that oscar foolishly overlooked?  Good rough ridin' grief.

How many years sooner would oscar have been fired if he didn't have McCamey?  oscar wouldn't have sniffed the NIT between 2008-09 and 2010-11, let alone made the NCAAs twice, without him.  oscar should call Demetri once a week for the rest of his life and offer to blow him for everything he did for oscar that oscar did not then, and will never, deserve.

You have your opinion, I have mine.  I am not defending or trashing Weber. 
I am just saying he has had similar problems before and we will see if the situation improves this time.

McCamey, Weber and tough love      Chicago Sun Times - Inside Illinois - December 3, 2008

The frosty relationship between oscar Weber and Demetri McCamey resurfaced again after McCamey failed to pass, shoot or call a timeout at the end of Illinois’ 76-74 loss to Clemson, and it bears watching. Weber refused to start McCamey, his most talented player, in the first two games of the season in an effort to coax more intensity and consistency out of the sophomore point guard. McCamey doesn’t seem totally onboard with Weber’s tough-love approach, and Weber still seems impatient with McCamey’s casual approach. This uneasiness could make them stronger if they get past it–or it could make for more problems. When Weber arrived at Illinois, Dee Brown didn’t buy in initially, but when he did, it helped him become a complete, and more mature, player. On the other hand, Weber and Shaun Pruitt never saw eye-to-eye last year, and it cast a pall over the team. The McCamey deal is hardly on the same level, but both of them will benefit immensely, as will the team, if they can get on the same page. That means McCamey needs to step it up, but Weber probably has to watch his step psychologically, too.

You wrote: "There,he hung on to a talented problem child or two. Must have thought he could turn them around. He couldn't and it sent the team down the tubes."

Which team went down the tubes because oscar hung on to talented problem child McCamey?  After that article, McCamey went NCAA, NIT, NCAA.  When McCamey graduated from Illinois, oscar's very next team went straight down the shitter and he got fired. 

Also, LOfuckingL at not seeing eye to eye with oscar making a player a problem child.  McCamey was never suspended for any reason, nor charged with or accused of any sort of crime his entire career.  He graduated on schedule from Illinois.  All the while being voted all-big 10 his junior and senior years.  Holy crap you're a dumbfuck.  Typical oscar horseshit that the white midwestern downgrades gobble up and beg for more. 

"That kid's got an attitude problem!" :shakesfist:

That kid saved stupid eff Weber's job for three or four more years and probably got him hired at K-State, and all oscar did was scapegoat him for not achieving more.  Piece of crap.

man i love these

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2015, 12:34:08 PM »

Mich was on board too.

totally. I still love the philosophy behind the Prince hire, he just turned out to be a crazy kook and I was fine with letting him go.

Yeah I loved his ideas so much.  If only he could have, like, made them happen better.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 30, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »
A lot of people have a lot more invested in football and expect a lot more out of football.  While people were worried about the program, nobody was surprised when Prince was fired after 3 seasons.  Even with fans that get excited for basketball, there is generally a hobby sport discount as far as pressure they put on the coach.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 30, 2015, 12:36:36 PM »
Man sometimes I forget the Ron Prince era was an actual real thing

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2015, 12:37:49 PM »
I don't know if there is a better college hoops fan than Bread. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 30, 2015, 12:38:25 PM »
Ron Prince had stealing Josh Freeman from NU right out of the gates. That was pretty exciting. Then he had 2 top 10 victories (40% of the top 10 victories in the history of our program) which was pretty exciting. He also went to the NCAA bubble of bowl games his first season after Bill had missed two in a row. But, after Freeman he recruited like absolute dogshit. Plus he was obviously not all there and full of crap. I can deal with not all there and full of crap if he's winning but he wasn't and he obviously wasn't going to start winning anytime soon or ever again.

oscar Weber backed into a regular season shared Big 12 title which was awesome. He also had two NCAA tourny appearances but zero wins. That's good enough for me. Then he fell directly on his face and his current trajectory is about where Prince's was. The difference is we fired the living eff out of Ron Prince after year three and we've currently got limp dick talking heads saying that oscar's seat isn't even warm. And it's not like this couldn't have been foreseen. He did the same thing at the previous job he got fired from. Ron Prince had at least never failed before. He needed someone stupid like us to give him the opportunity to. oscar Weber needed someone stupid like us to give him consecutive opportunities to.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 30, 2015, 12:42:53 PM »
Yep. It doesn't really matter what any of us want at this point. We all know what we're going to get. The only thing I'm hopeful for is that it will all be over soon.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:26 PM »
Ron Prince had stealing Josh Freeman from NU right out of the gates. That was pretty exciting. Then he had 2 top 10 victories (40% of the top 10 victories in the history of our program) which was pretty exciting. He also went to the NCAA bubble of bowl games his first season after Bill had missed two in a row. But, after Freeman he recruited like absolute dogshit. Plus he was obviously not all there and full of crap. I can deal with not all there and full of crap if he's winning but he wasn't and he obviously wasn't going to start winning anytime soon or ever again.

oscar Weber backed into a regular season shared Big 12 title which was awesome. He also had two NCAA tourny appearances but zero wins. That's good enough for me. Then he fell directly on his face and his current trajectory is about where Prince's was. The difference is we fired the living eff out of Ron Prince after year three and we've currently got limp dick talking heads saying that oscar's seat isn't even warm. And it's not like this couldn't have been foreseen. He did the same thing at the previous job he got fired from. Ron Prince had at least never failed before. He needed someone stupid like us to give him the opportunity to. oscar Weber needed someone stupid like us to give him consecutive opportunities to.

The parallels are pretty striking. The major difference is that Ron Prince didn't kick Freeman off of his football team.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 30, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »

Prince was fired before we were even eliminated from a bowl game. There were still 3 games left. Crazy

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 30, 2015, 12:52:09 PM »

Prince was fired before we were even eliminated from a bowl game. There were still 3 games left. Crazy

The good old days.  When our AD was a fan of the program.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 30, 2015, 12:55:52 PM »

Mich was on board too.

damn you.  so embarrassing.  at least stunner joined in for our night of believing. 
i sat on the porch drinking cold beers with michigancat telling him how bad prince was, but he loved the guy. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 30, 2015, 12:57:34 PM »

sometimes people like to post gifs of a guy clapping/applauding. i don't like to do that but if i did, i would do it right now.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 30, 2015, 01:03:09 PM »
I should go back and quote pan on his analogy of the season and a 4 month dental appointment. I'd even take it a step further. It's like there is this really young, hot receptionist and an even hotter hygienist working at the dentist, and every day you show up thinking you might get to talk to the hot receptionist and, fingers crossed, the hot hygienist is the one to clean your teeth. However, the hot receptionist is out on 6 month maternity leave and you always end up with the ugly, middle aged hygienist. (Too GPCy? I didn't even mention that both of these hot women have really great bazoongas!)

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 30, 2015, 01:10:47 PM »
I should go back and quote pan on his analogy of the season and a 4 month dental appointment. I'd even take it a step further. It's like there is this really young, hot receptionist and an even hotter hygienist working at the dentist, and every day you show up thinking you might get to talk to the hot receptionist and, fingers crossed, the hot hygienist is the one to clean your teeth. However, the hot receptionist is out on 6 month maternity leave and you always end up with the ugly, middle aged hygienist. (Too GPCy? I didn't even mention that both of these hot women have really great bazoongas!)

Gonna win 'em all!

:worthless:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2015, 01:12:33 PM »

sometimes people like to post gifs of a guy clapping/applauding. i don't like to do that but if i did, i would do it right now.
i think this one works well here

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 30, 2015, 01:18:31 PM »
Prince may have been a shitty coach, but he gave EMAW the greatest EMAW gif there ever will be

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 30, 2015, 01:37:38 PM »
As it turns out, the thread with "Nigel" in the title isn't really about Nigel at all!

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 30, 2015, 01:37:41 PM »
l absolutely love the gpc staff so very very much

Re: Brett GPC, I am assuming that Nigel is NOT transferring?   Reply
BrettGPC-funster -- I think you might be reading into that a little too much, but I'd say the answer is yes. If they aren't dismissed, like Marcus Foster and Tre Harris, the decision is almost always on the player and his situations, both on and off the court. I see both sides here, but have zero idea what he is actually going to do. It all just seems up in the air and I don't think I'd be surprised either way.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 30, 2015, 01:40:06 PM »
l absolutely love the gpc staff so very very much

Re: Brett GPC, I am assuming that Nigel is NOT transferring?   Reply
BrettGPC-funster -- I think you might be reading into that a little too much, but I'd say the answer is yes. If they aren't dismissed, like Marcus Foster and Tre Harris, the decision is almost always on the player and his situations, both on and off the court. I see both sides here, but have zero idea what he is actually going to do. It all just seems up in the air and I don't think I'd be surprised either way.

:lol:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 30, 2015, 01:45:34 PM »
:lol:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 30, 2015, 01:46:26 PM »
Ray-Shotgun

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 30, 2015, 01:46:36 PM »

Gonna win 'em all!
Bazoongas! :love:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #249 on: March 30, 2015, 01:47:08 PM »
So, the answer is yes, but it could be no, but he wouldn't be surprised either way?

Isn't that a verbal venn diagram?