Author Topic: Nigel Gone  (Read 100358 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nigel Gone
« Reply #250 on: March 30, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »
So, the answer is yes, but it could be no, but he wouldn't be surprised either way?

Isn't that a verbal venn diagram?
that will be 9.99 a month sir

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 30, 2015, 01:49:55 PM »
So, the answer is yes, but it could be no, but he wouldn't be surprised either way?

Isn't that a verbal venn diagram?
that will be 9.99 a month sir
Hahahhahahaha oh eff

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 30, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
At least that Brett fellow seems to be honest about the degree to which GPC has been cut off from K-State sports.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 30, 2015, 01:56:47 PM »

:D

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 30, 2015, 01:57:42 PM »
Bart is a good dude, and a good cats fan.
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 30, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »
I should go back and quote pan on his analogy of the season and a 4 month dental appointment. I'd even take it a step further. It's like there is this really young, hot receptionist and an even hotter hygienist working at the dentist, and every day you show up thinking you might get to talk to the hot receptionist and, fingers crossed, the hot hygienist is the one to clean your teeth. However, the hot receptionist is out on 6 month maternity leave and you always end up with the ugly, middle aged hygienist. (Too GPCy? I didn't even mention that both of these hot women have really great bazoongas!)

i don't like this analogy.  change it so that the patient absolutely completely knows for sure that the hot woman is dying to eff him.  he just has to get the other person out of his mouth first.  also the hot woman's name is brad and she's won a ton of games really fast and is a kstate grad and recruiting enthusiast.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 30, 2015, 01:59:07 PM »
i agree and like talking to him on twitter but once they log in over there its like fitz is the star fleet commander and the rest just write what he says/thinks

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2015, 02:00:45 PM »
steve dave pointed out that there are reports that oscar's seat isn't even warm. I don't think that's true. I don't think the AD would make an announcement or even let it slip out if it was. It's pretty silly to think it's not warm. I'd say Currie believes his seat is warm, but it's still hard to imagine a scenario in which that seat ever becomes hot in oppose to warm.

My, probably our, fear is that oscar could seemingly go .500 in the non-con, end up winning 7 games in the Big 12 and then that would be chalked up to improvement with a bunch of new guys. Especially if we get a top 10 win in there (which isn't that ridiculous to think since we somehow are a monster in the fOOD under oscar). The worst part is that with a young roster including Claws and The Flush, that would be the best time ever to bring in a new coach. So I guess what I'm saying is that with the way we are, or at least I am, predicting the season to go, we're probably screwed.

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2015, 02:00:53 PM »
You have your opinion, I have mine.  I am not defending or trashing Weber. 
I am just saying he has had similar problems before and we will see if the situation improves this time.
you come off as though you're still in the wait and see mode.  a lot of people here have already seen enough.  hence the discussion.

Fair enough, Pclams, and some are quite angry, too. It is only sports, not life or death.  I have been guilty of posting some anger comments and my parole officer says that is counterproductive, I'm trying to quit.
I only want 20+ win seasons and NCAA bids like everyone else. And since Weber is staying put, I can only hope he starts winning again, optimism.  I wouldn't consider rooting for them to lose 20 games next season as fun?  So, if anyone wants to bash me because I want K-State to be a winner next year, go f*** yourself.  Damn, did it again.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2015, 02:02:00 PM »
"Ron Prince had at least never failed before. He needed someone stupid like us to give him the opportunity to. oscar Weber needed someone stupid like us to give him consecutive opportunities to. " - S. Dave

boom.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2015, 02:02:39 PM »

i agree and like talking to him on twitter but once they log in over there its like fitz is the star fleet commander and the rest just write what he says/thinks

Bart truly believed in oscar in December of year 1 (his first year at GPC). We got into a heated drunken argument about it the weekend we beat Texas for the B12 title. If he is just following Fitz, he at least believed it at the time.
:adios:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 30, 2015, 02:04:28 PM »

Bart truly believed in oscar in December of year 1 (his first year at GPC). We got into a heated drunken argument about it the weekend we beat Texas for the B12 title. If he is just following Fitz, he at least believed it at the time.
i meant more in his non-answer answer. they are very very good at keeping people coming back

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 30, 2015, 02:06:29 PM »
Can you be a good Cats fan when you consistently trash all the players instead of ever holding the head coach accountable?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 30, 2015, 02:07:15 PM »
I only want 20+ win seasons and NCAA bids like everyone else.

Then why not hope that the primary or possibly secondary (AD Currie being primary) person causing this desire to be impossible be fired?  Logic does not make sense.  You're implying you think oscar can do this.  He cannot.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2015, 02:09:56 PM »
steve dave pointed out that there are reports that oscar's seat isn't even warm. I don't think that's true. I don't think the AD would make an announcement or even let it slip out if it was. It's pretty silly to think it's not warm. I'd say Currie believes his seat is warm, but it's still hard to imagine a scenario in which that seat ever becomes hot in oppose to warm.

Do you live most of the year in antarctica?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2015, 02:10:15 PM »

Yep. The last thing the AD wants is for people to be freaking out about how much bball sucks. Like it or not, most people aren't freaking out. I don't think it's hard to imagine it will become hot either. Currie doesn't need an absolute failure on his watch (he's already got one though, imo). Much easier to publicly support his hire for another year, not scare off potential hires with a quick hook.

He gets rid of oscar after next season then he can say "Welp, we got a Big 12 title out of it, and two NCAAs..." If he can make a splash hire, which I'm sure he believes he can, he probably believes he can do so without so much as a blip in season tickets and fan support. In the end that's all he probably cares about.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 30, 2015, 02:16:38 PM »
If he can make a splash hire.

i think it would be very difficult for him to hire anyone but underwood.  that makes me happy.  but i could see that it might make currie reluctant to fire weber, if he doesn't want underwood (i don't think that's the case, just considering it as a possibility).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 30, 2015, 02:20:36 PM »

i think it would be very difficult for him to hire anyone but underwood.  that makes me happy.  but i could see that it might make currie reluctant to fire weber, if he doesn't want underwood (i don't think that's the case, just considering it as a possibility).

That's possible.

I'd be all for Underwood as well, but have people considered the possibility of IF (big if) Underwood couldn't get it done, how tough it would be to fire him? I mean, if people think tuck fans are reluctant to fire oscar, the longevity of support for Brad would probably quadruple that. IMO.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 30, 2015, 02:22:25 PM »

That's possible.

I'd be all for Underwood as well, but have people considered the possibility of IF (big if) Underwood couldn't get it done, how tough it would be to fire him? I mean, if people think tuck fans are reluctant to fire oscar, the longevity of support for Brad would probably quadruple that. IMO.

We'd leak grumblings of drugs.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 30, 2015, 02:23:43 PM »
if he failed, we'd fire him in an instant.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2015, 02:26:35 PM »

That's possible.

Brad would only be hard to fire if he's having success. Nobody likes a loser, alumni or not.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2015, 02:29:03 PM »
I am just saying he has had similar problems before and we will see if the situation improves this time.
you come off as though you're still in the wait and see mode.  a lot of people here have already seen enough.  hence the discussion.

Fair enough, Pclams, and some are quite angry, too. It is only sports, not life or death.  I have been guilty of posting some anger comments and my parole officer says that is counterproductive, I'm trying to quit.
I only want 20+ win seasons and NCAA bids like everyone else. And since Weber is staying put, I can only hope he starts winning again, optimism.  I wouldn't consider rooting for them to lose 20 games next season as fun?  So, if anyone wants to bash me because I want K-State to be a winner next year, go f*** yourself.  Damn, did it again.

anger comments are good here, you're fine.  i might think you're a dumbass, but you're fine. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 30, 2015, 02:33:44 PM »
If Underwood gets hired "back" to KSU. I'll be on this board a LOT more. Careful what you wish for.

:dubious:

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 30, 2015, 02:33:54 PM »

anger comments are good here, you're fine.  i might think you're a dumbass, but you're fine.

Thanks, pclams, but optimistic dumbass. What a pal.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 30, 2015, 02:39:49 PM »
good lord guys fix the quotes