Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4061686 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #5375 on: June 15, 2010, 02:58:44 PM »
Everyone put the minimal energy you're exerting in proving BMW wrong into the Schultz goEMAW presentation project.

:pray:

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=4372.msg87345#msg87345

Phreak, if you've got time to put Ben's head on a clownsuit, you've got time to create a picture/certificate to be given to Schultz.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: June 15, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »
LOL dumbass . . . I was talking about K-State to the Mountain West days ago.  

But we all know how Tardville works.   The moment it was abundantly clear to EVERYONE but Tardville that NO ONE was beating a path to ku's door to get them to join their conference . . . Tardville went into their usual hyper affirmation and validation mode.   Concocting Bull$hit out of thin air, and seizing upon even the slightest Internet rumor that maybe ku really was being sought and then embellishing it 1000 fold and then running with it.   Mentally Tardville cannot handle it when the college athletic world isn't affirming and validating ku 24/7/365.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: June 15, 2010, 03:01:32 PM »

But we all know how Tardville works.   The moment it was abundantly clear to EVERYONE but Tardville that NO ONE was beating a path to ku's door to get them to join their conference . . . Tardville went into their usual hyper affirmation and validation mode.   Concocting Bull$hit out of thin air, and seizing upon even the slightest Internet rumor that maybe ku really was being sought and then embellishing it 1000 fold and then running with it.   Mentally Tardville cannot handle it when the college athletic world isn't affirming and validating ku 24/7/365.

Dax, come up with something funny to say on a plaque/card/certificate to Schultz.  That is infinitely more important than going back and forth with BMW.  Even if you drove him to deleting his account, he'd be back eventually.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: June 15, 2010, 03:04:47 PM »

But we all know how Tardville works.   The moment it was abundantly clear to EVERYONE but Tardville that NO ONE was beating a path to ku's door to get them to join their conference . . . Tardville went into their usual hyper affirmation and validation mode.   Concocting Bull$hit out of thin air, and seizing upon even the slightest Internet rumor that maybe ku really was being sought and then embellishing it 1000 fold and then running with it.   Mentally Tardville cannot handle it when the college athletic world isn't affirming and validating ku 24/7/365.

Dax, come up with something funny to say on a plaque/card/certificate to Schultz.  That is infinitely more important than going back and forth with BMW.  Even if you drove him to deleting his account, he'd be back eventually.

Kirk . . . happy one year anniversary and always remember.   Time Zone's are not Virtual Walls that block movement between them like a death ray from the giant square flying Borg Ship thingy. 

Your Friend,

Dax

Offline Jmo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: June 15, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »
Not one media source has given any reality validity or verification that ku to the SEC was even an option sought by anyone in the SEC, and ku to the Pac 10 was the Pac 10's Plan C or Plan D at best.

Just reconcile yourself to the reality that ku had to join in and taking it up the backside from Texas, because high dollar conference options elsewhere were nothing but Tardville pipe dreams.

Quit acting like it was anything more than a wishful circle jerk propagated in Tardville land.

Hey, just be thankful that staying in the conference formerly known as the Big 12 was the best option for Texas.  If KU went Pac 10 with Texas, leaving K-State in the dust, you guys would have been royally f*cked for the foreseeable future.  With the current situation, both KU and K-State are getting what's best for them financially.  

So, the only info that you have showing that KU to the Pac-10 was from a flight plan?

:lol:

To Ben flight plan = "we were guaranteed a spot in the Pac-16.  we were as good as gone, done deal.  K-State is mumped."   :lol:

Still not positive he isn't a sock.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: June 15, 2010, 03:09:04 PM »

Kirk . . . happy one year anniversary and always remember.   Time Zone's are not Virtual Walls that block movement between them like a death ray from the giant square flying Borg Ship thingy. 

Your Friend,

Dax

rough ridin' time zones, how do those work?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: June 15, 2010, 03:09:23 PM »
It was a rough go for awhile but we twisted the arms we needed to twist and got the thing done.  I can't go into a lot of details...yet. 

Need a BSAC emote yesterday. :users:

While you're at it I'd love to see an emote,

:kstatriot:   <----except with the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) five on it.

I have a very specific mental image of BSAC and I'm afraid any emoticon would only ruin it.

BTW, I found this image by googling "cat in a top hat and suit," which is my mental image of BSAC.  The monocle was a very lucky addition, though.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: June 15, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »
KU was never going to end up in the Mountain West, dipshit.

Hate to break this to you, but neither was K-State. Plan B for K-State and KU was the same. Pac16 for KU was at least Plan C. And that ain't no rumor.

I won't disagree with you on that, but K-State was a lot more likely to end up in the Mountain West than KU was.  As for the Pac 10, they were on their way to KC until they met in Austin and found out that Texas was staying.  KU was going to the Pac 10 with Texas, OU, and OSU.  That was option A for KU.  

Without any credible report of an offer from the Pac 10, that is as made up as the other unsupported stuff you make up and report as fact.

Like when KSU was going to get hammered by the NCAA.   :lol:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: June 15, 2010, 03:11:26 PM »
Not one media source has given any reality validity or verification that ku to the SEC was even an option sought by anyone in the SEC, and ku to the Pac 10 was the Pac 10's Plan C or Plan D at best.

Just reconcile yourself to the reality that ku had to join in and taking it up the backside from Texas, because high dollar conference options elsewhere were nothing but Tardville pipe dreams.

Quit acting like it was anything more than a wishful circle jerk propagated in Tardville land.

Hey, just be thankful that staying in the conference formerly known as the Big 12 was the best option for Texas.  If KU went Pac 10 with Texas, leaving K-State in the dust, you guys would have been royally f*cked for the foreseeable future.  With the current situation, both KU and K-State are getting what's best for them financially.  

Last time I will waste my energy on this, since it is obviously being wasted. This scenario you describe was not going to happen. And both sides wanted it to not happen. Actively worked to make it not happen. Repeat, KU was actively working to be in a conference, not the Pac16, with K-State. Sorry.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: June 15, 2010, 03:16:37 PM »

Hey, just be thankful that staying in the conference formerly known as the Big 12 was the best option for Texas.  If KU went Pac 10 with Texas, leaving K-State in the dust, you guys would have been royally f*cked for the foreseeable future.  With the current situation, both KU and K-State are getting what's best for them financially. 

Last time I will waste my energy on this, since it is obviously being wasted. This scenario you describe was not going to happen. And both sides wanted it to not happen. Actively worked to make it not happen. Repeat, KU was actively working to be in a conference, not the Pac16, with K-State. Sorry.
Dude is in the know ^^
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline gowildcatwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5385 on: June 15, 2010, 03:21:50 PM »
Listen, dipshit.  KU's administration, specifically Lew Perkins, is worried about one thing - money.  

Was Lew worried about the cool million + that he lost in "his blindspot"? :gocho:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: June 15, 2010, 03:26:54 PM »
ChrisLevel    It's over, Texas Tech is a proud member of the Big 12 and it will remain that way. They will work to make it better for them though.

lol that nobody cared or held up the party

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: June 15, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »
ChrisLevel    It's over, Texas Tech is a proud member of the Big 12 and it will remain that way. They will work to make it better for them though.

Might be the last straw to hit the 200 though....or maybe Beems can keep up his genius

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: June 15, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »

Might be the last straw to hit the 200 though....or maybe Beems can keep up his genius

Surely the teXas 10 will try to pick up a couple schools in the next couple years to get back to 12 right?  Who are the most likely targets?  Schools to the west like BYU, AZ, ASU or schools to the east like Arkansas, Memphis, Louisville.  Or will we just be happy with what we have until all this crap happens again?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: June 15, 2010, 03:34:22 PM »
My friend, we will call him Managing Partner Attorney Crimson/Tree has told me ku was behind Utah for the Pac 10, and even then the vote would have been close due to the national reputation as a dirty/cheating school and the ongoing IRS/FBI investigation.  The deciding factor, in his opinion, would have weighed against ku because they are just wretched in every, single, other sport.  

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: June 15, 2010, 03:48:09 PM »

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: June 15, 2010, 03:50:05 PM »
KU to the PAC-10 was not option A. After the TV deal that Scott was trying to sell was discovered to be lie, going to the PAC-10 was no longer option A for any Big 12 team except the Buffies, who had already taken the plunge. There was no way Texas was going to sniff $20 million a year from TV  contracts in the expanded PAC-10, because the PAC-10 was not going to let Texas explore their own network. When everyone started investigating the PAC-10 TV numbers, everyone found out the retaining the Big12 (10) was worth millions more a year in TV money than an expanded PAC-10. If you can't see that KU wasn't going to get anywhere near $14 - 17 million a year in the PAC-10 then you're an idiot. You seriously want to be wanted by a conference that blew its wad over getting CU....seriously?!!?!!??

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: June 15, 2010, 03:50:31 PM »
lol

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: June 15, 2010, 03:53:22 PM »
Okay. A few nights ago on one of the two old person Kazzu boards, I posted that, of all the unlikely things to happen in this entire scenario, the most unlikely of all were the "rumblings" that the 12th team to accompany Arkansas from the SEC to the Big XII was LSU.  I mean some of the KStatefanners actually believed that Arkansas AND LSU were going to leave for the Big XII.  I wrote that I've lived in Baton Rouge for the last three years and that no one here even knows any of the Big XII schools, that's how little LSU people care, and thus how it was the most ridiculous, unlikely thing I've heard throughout this entire scenario.

Then I read this:

Listen, dipshit.  KU's administration, specifically Lew Perkins, is worried about one thing - money.  The best situation for KU financially is to stay in a conference controlled by UT, OU, and A&M.  That doesn't change the fact that KU was on its way to the Pac 10 or SEC until Texas decided to stay put.  That doesn't change the fact that KU was a much more attractive school for other conferences than K-State.  Now f*ck off.

You've never even left Kansas, have you Beems?  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:08:05 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: June 15, 2010, 03:56:56 PM »
He seriously said SEC or did you "fix" his quote.  no ku fan is that high on themselves that they actually thought the SEC would welcome KU with open arms  We're north of the Mason-Dixon line, wasn't gonna happen.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: June 15, 2010, 03:59:09 PM »
He seriously said SEC or did you "fix" his quote.  no ku fan is that high on themselves that they actually thought the SEC would welcome KU with open arms  We're north of the Mason-Dixon line, wasn't gonna happen.

No, that's what he said.  As crazy as it sounds. 

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: June 15, 2010, 04:02:13 PM »

No, that's what he said.  As crazy as it sounds. 

It actually makes a lot of sense. Beems is a guy who loves to come here and get made to look like a fool over and over. He probably jizzed up 30 pairs of pants a day thinking about never even having a chance of winning a conference game again....

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: June 15, 2010, 04:06:47 PM »

That's pretty f'n awesome.

Can you make the proposed Certificate of Acheivement in the "Dear Kirk & John..." thread?

royalswild

« Reply #5399 on: June 15, 2010, 04:08:48 PM »
Ku's football program superior enough to be in the SEC?   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: