Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4066673 times)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #5350 on: June 15, 2010, 02:31:02 PM »
And why would he fly into KC instead of Lawrence?  Does he not fly in a crop duster?  :lol:

pffft

Offline Odd1

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: June 15, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »
I'm still trying to decide if all BMW's posts from the last two days should be in italics.  Hard to think he can be serious, but I'm afraid he might be.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: June 15, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »
KU was never going to end up in the Mountain West, dipshit.

Hate to break this to you, but neither was K-State. Plan B for K-State and KU was virtually the same. Pac16 for KU was at least Plan C. And that ain't no rumor.

CC crushes BMW.  Hope somebody CC will be able to divulge the behind the scenes plans...   :pray:

Plan B info would be pretty fantastic  :pray:

I'm not as cool as crap but I could tell you plan B was the Big East. Lew had that one completely setup for us, ku mu and ISU
RIP Fatty

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: June 15, 2010, 02:33:36 PM »
Just understand . . . Tardville and their chief spokesperson in residence will never allow that they were a pubic hair width away from being a Big 12 refugee just like the other 4 schools.   Their collective psyche will never allow them to come to grips with that reality.

As per usual CC steps up to the plate and calls his shot.  

To clarify, it is certainly possible that KU would have had a Pac16 offer and K-State would not have. And I suppose if that makes KU feel better about themselves, then congrats. But KU was not nearly as interested in that option as they were in others, which all included keeping K-State Ku & Mizzou together. Plan A was always Big12/10 because no other option will pay Ku and K-State nearly as much as $17M in TV revenue alone. So both schools had options, both schools feel like they took the best one.

But there were really not many moments in the last week where either side had a desire to not be with the other.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: June 15, 2010, 02:34:41 PM »
Now that it is common knowledge that the remaining Nortards were all in lockstep to the Big East, I can happily go back to hating the Longhorns.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5355 on: June 15, 2010, 02:37:26 PM »
KU HAD OPTIONS!

"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: June 15, 2010, 02:38:52 PM »
Just understand . . . Tardville and their chief spokesperson in residence will never allow that they were a pubic hair width away from being a Big 12 refugee just like the other 4 schools.   Their collective psyche will never allow them to come to grips with that reality.

To clarify, it is certainly possible that KU would have had a Pac16 offer and K-State would not have. And I suppose if that makes KU feel better about themselves, then congrats. But KU was not nearly as interested in that option as they were in others, which all included keeping K-State Ku & Mizzou together. Plan A was always Big12/10 because no other option will pay Ku and K-State nearly as much as $17M in TV revenue alone. So both schools had options, both schools feel like they took the best one.

But there were really not many moments in the last week where either side had a desire to not be with the other.

I understand completely.   What Tardville will never recognize is that K-State and MU are huge money makers for them.   There wouldn't be the ease of getting regional companies to sponsor their series.   Gone would be the guaranteed premium football game sellout every year other year in Lawrence where Lew can charge $85 and $95 dollars a ticket or tie it into another ticket package.  Gone is the Border Showdown and the big payday from Arrowhead.   TV Contracts only account for about 15 to 20% of the athletic budget, you still gotta sell tickets, find sponsorships and play off of your rivals to get constituents to pony up more money.    Everyone understands that, except tardville.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: June 15, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »

Hate to break this to you, but neither was K-State. Plan B for K-State and KU was the same. Pac16 for KU was at least Plan C. And that ain't no rumor.

I won't disagree with you on that, but K-State was a lot more likely to end up in the Mountain West than KU was.  As for the Pac 10, they were on their way to KC until they met in Austin and found out that Texas was staying.  KU was going to the Pac 10 with Texas, OU, and OSU.  That was option A for KU.  

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: June 15, 2010, 02:41:11 PM »

Hate to break this to you, but neither was K-State. Plan B for K-State and KU was the same. Pac16 for KU was at least Plan C. And that ain't no rumor.

I won't disagree with you on that, but K-State was a lot more likely to end up in the Mountain West than KU was.  As for the Pac 10, they were on their way to KC until they met in Austin and found out that Texas was staying.  KU was going to the Pac 10 with Texas, OU, and OSU.  That was option A for KU.  

False.

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: June 15, 2010, 02:41:34 PM »

It's funny that you think you know things.  Like watching a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) trying to sing the ABC's.  

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: June 15, 2010, 02:41:54 PM »
Great, so when does the "we think we had more options than K-State and so we say that because we need to make ourselves feel better about ourselves" banner go up??

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: June 15, 2010, 02:42:36 PM »
lol, i'm not sure if he's trying to troll by purposely posting stupid statements or if he's actually that naive.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: June 15, 2010, 02:42:45 PM »

False.

:lol:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: June 15, 2010, 02:43:57 PM »
You weren't going to the Pac 10 dumbass.

1st - The board of regents wouldn't have let KU leave unless the conference fell apart.  Which it didn't.  So the option was never really there to begin with.
2nd - The Pac 10 didn't want you.  You were plan C.  Behind TAMU and even Utah.  Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.

KU leadership was just as desperate to appease the big three schools as KSU, ISU, MU, and Baylor.  That's why they got on their knees and begged.  They offered to give the big three the penalty without even being prompted.  That doesn't say "Praise us for keeping this thing together."  KU had no say in that, as much as you try to convince yourself otherwise.  That says "I'm bending over big guys, here's the lube, please be gentle."

You shouldn't be trying to defend your school pride by commemorating the fact that you might have been the backup plan to the backup plan.  Instead, you should be breathing a sigh of relief and saying "Thank God my school, which is apparently undesirable by other conferences, wasn't doomed to obscurity in the Mountain West" like the rest of the "Have-not Five."

KU was never going to end up in the Mountain West, dipshit.  Quit acting like KU and K-State were equals in the conference realignment saga.  KU was much more attractive to other conferences, and was about to get an offer to the Pac 10 before Texas told Pac 10 officials it was staying with the remaining Big 12 schools.  You K-State retards really are something else... revisionist history knows no bounds.
You can argue that point until you're blue in the face.  You're still wrong.  You didn't even try to refute any of my points, because you know you can't.  There's no facts or even credible rumors to suggest otherwise.

I've never seen anyone take such pride in the idea that they might be the backup plan to the backup plan, IF Texas allows it, IF Texas A&M decides not to go, IF the board of regents allow it, IF Utah turns down the Pac 10.

Your own administrators have basically destroyed any argument you had by getting on their knees by promising the Nebraska/Colorado money to the Big 3.  Rationalize it any way you want to, but saying "HERE, TAKE TWO MILLION DOLLARS!" is nothing short of begging.

Listen, dipshit.  KU's administration, specifically Lew Perkins, is worried about one thing - money.  The best situation for KU financially is to stay in a conference controlled by UT, OU, and A&M.  That doesn't change the fact that KU was on its way to the Pac 10 or SEC until Texas decided to stay put.  That doesn't change the fact that KU was a much more attractive school for other conferences than K-State.  Now f*ck off.

Offline JD Thundercat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: June 15, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »

A day after I congratulate you on a good post... you post this  :facepalm:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: June 15, 2010, 02:45:45 PM »
Everyone put the minimal energy you're exerting in proving BMW wrong into the Schultz goEMAW presentation project.

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: June 15, 2010, 02:45:58 PM »
Oops, did I hurt your feelings?  Sorry man.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: June 15, 2010, 02:46:27 PM »
You weren't going to the Pac 10 dumbass.

1st - The board of regents wouldn't have let KU leave unless the conference fell apart.  Which it didn't.  So the option was never really there to begin with.
2nd - The Pac 10 didn't want you.  You were plan C.  Behind TAMU and even Utah.  Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.

KU leadership was just as desperate to appease the big three schools as KSU, ISU, MU, and Baylor.  That's why they got on their knees and begged.  They offered to give the big three the penalty without even being prompted.  That doesn't say "Praise us for keeping this thing together."  KU had no say in that, as much as you try to convince yourself otherwise.  That says "I'm bending over big guys, here's the lube, please be gentle."

You shouldn't be trying to defend your school pride by commemorating the fact that you might have been the backup plan to the backup plan.  Instead, you should be breathing a sigh of relief and saying "Thank God my school, which is apparently undesirable by other conferences, wasn't doomed to obscurity in the Mountain West" like the rest of the "Have-not Five."

KU was never going to end up in the Mountain West, dipshit.  Quit acting like KU and K-State were equals in the conference realignment saga.  KU was much more attractive to other conferences, and was about to get an offer to the Pac 10 before Texas told Pac 10 officials it was staying with the remaining Big 12 schools.  You K-State retards really are something else... revisionist history knows no bounds.
You can argue that point until you're blue in the face.  You're still wrong.  You didn't even try to refute any of my points, because you know you can't.  There's no facts or even credible rumors to suggest otherwise.

I've never seen anyone take such pride in the idea that they might be the backup plan to the backup plan, IF Texas allows it, IF Texas A&M decides not to go, IF the board of regents allow it, IF Utah turns down the Pac 10.

Your own administrators have basically destroyed any argument you had by getting on their knees by promising the Nebraska/Colorado money to the Big 3.  Rationalize it any way you want to, but saying "HERE, TAKE TWO MILLION DOLLARS!" is nothing short of begging.

Listen, dipshit.  KU's administration, specifically Lew Perkins, is worried about one thing - money.  The best situation for KU financially is to stay in a conference controlled by UT, OU, and A&M.  That doesn't change the fact that KU was on its way to the Pac 10 or SEC until Texas decided to stay put.  That doesn't change the fact that KU was a much more attractive school for other conferences than K-State.  Now f*ck off.

PAC 10 or Big East maybe.  KU will never be in the SEC....   :lol:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: June 15, 2010, 02:46:34 PM »
Everyone put the minimal energy you're exerting in proving BMW wrong into the Schultz goEMAW presentation project.

:pray:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: June 15, 2010, 02:46:45 PM »

K-State wasn't even mentioned with anyone besides the Mountain West and Big East.  Your guys' best option was to cling to the nut sack of KU and Mizzou.  Quit acting like that wasn't the case now, Mr. Revisionist History.

:rolleyes:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5370 on: June 15, 2010, 02:49:51 PM »
Not one media source has given any real validity or verification that ku to the SEC was even an option sought by anyone in the SEC, and ku to the Pac 10 was the Pac 10's Plan C or Plan D at best.

Just reconcile yourself to the reality that ku had to join in and taking it up the backside from Texas, because high dollar conference options elsewhere were nothing but Tardville pipe dreams.

Quit acting like it was anything more than a wishful circle jerk propagated in Tardville land.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 02:52:50 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: June 15, 2010, 02:53:01 PM »
Listen, dipshit.  KU's administration, specifically Lew Perkins, is worried about one thing - money.

Hmm...good point. How is that FBI and IRS investigation going??
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: June 15, 2010, 02:53:59 PM »
Not one media source has given any reality validity or verification that ku to the SEC was even an option sought by anyone in the SEC, and ku to the Pac 10 was the Pac 10's Plan C or Plan D at best.

Just reconcile yourself to the reality that ku had to join in and taking it up the backside from Texas, because high dollar conference options elsewhere were nothing but Tardville pipe dreams.

Quit acting like it was anything more than a wishful circle jerk propagated in Tardville land.

Hey, just be thankful that staying in the conference formerly known as the Big 12 was the best option for Texas.  If KU went Pac 10 with Texas, leaving K-State in the dust, you guys would have been royally f*cked for the foreseeable future.  With the current situation, both KU and K-State are getting what's best for them financially.  

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: June 15, 2010, 02:55:55 PM »
Listen, dipshit.  KU's administration, specifically Lew Perkins, is worried about one thing - money.

Hmm...good point. How is that FBI and IRS investigation going??

"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: June 15, 2010, 02:56:47 PM »
Not one media source has given any reality validity or verification that ku to the SEC was even an option sought by anyone in the SEC, and ku to the Pac 10 was the Pac 10's Plan C or Plan D at best.

Hey, just be thankful that staying in the conference formerly known as the Big 12 was the best option for Texas.  If KU went Pac 10 with Texas, leaving K-State in the dust, you guys would have been royally f*cked for the foreseeable future.  With the current situation, both KU and K-State are getting what's best for them financially.  

So, the only info that you have showing that KU to the Pac-10 was from a flight plan?