Author Topic: Promise Keepers  (Read 10174 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Promise Keepers
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2014, 10:58:09 PM »
I don't. I have bared my soul more than anyone on here and stuck around. He is weak. goEMAW is Sparta and he deserved to be in the pit.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2014, 11:12:53 PM »
I want CF3 as a part of this blog and I'm sad

I really like CF3 too.  I think he'll be back.  He's a very reasonable person, and a massive KSU cats fan.  But, he is also a guy who has a very strong faith in his chosen religion.  These things shouldn't be mutually exclusive.

CF3 isn't one of the guys who "hates" and causes others fear. 

We have had (and do have ) other beloved members of this blog that have had faiths that were off the typical "KSU mainstream." 

We are KSU Cats, man.  Let's just commit to being good dudes, who don't do bad stuff, and let the chips fall where they may.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2014, 11:14:38 PM »
Quick review: nothing in ITT seemed out of the norm for gE.
It is what it is.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »
CF3 is a great guy.  In many ways, he reminds me of Fats.  Both passionate about the Cats, both men of faith (though different), both reluctant to ever disparage their peers over religious issues.

I really, really hope CF3 comes back.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »
CF3 is a great guy.  In many ways, he reminds me of Fats.  Both passionate about the Cats, both men of faith (though different), both reluctant to ever disparage their peers over religious issues.

I really, really hope CF3 comes back.

Yes, he's a great cat and I miss him already
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2014, 11:38:51 PM »
this is sad, really

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2014, 12:48:55 AM »
The more I think about it, the angrier I get.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2014, 12:49:22 AM »
:frown:

I started this thread because I was watching True Detective with my in-laws on Christmas and on the show they mentioned that some of the religious guys during the 1995 flashbacks were Promise Keepers so I brought it up to figure out more about them. And now my thread ran off my IRL bud (best bud???) CF3. :frown:

Glad the PK'rs were good for your dad, CF3. Not gE'ing around here. Looks like the modern iteration is a little more politicized, unfortunately, and probably strayed from their original mission.

Nonetheless, I already miss CF3. Come home, bud. Or take some time. Whatever you need. You make this blog sparkle. I will put a blue bumper sticker on my Corolla that says I [heart] CF3.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:58:46 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2014, 01:00:30 AM »

I started this thread because I was watching True Detective with my in-laws on Christmas and on the show they mentioned that some of the religious guys during the 1995 flashbacks were Promise Keepers so I brought it up to figure out more about them. And now I ran off my IRL bud (best bud???) CF3. :frown:

Glad the PK'rs were good for your dad, CF3. Not gE'ing around here. Looks like the modern iteration is a little more politicized, unfortunately, and probably strayed from their original mission.

Nonetheless, I already miss CF3. Come home, friend. Or take some time. Whatever you need. You make this blog sparkle. I will put a blue bumper sticker on my Corolla that says I [heart] CF3.

You shouldn't feel the need to feel responsible.  If he really ducked out, then it was the culmination of many things, and this just provided him the opportunity and/or motivation to say his piece.  I hope it wasn't a spur-of-the-moment decision.  I didn't post in the threads in which he was the most active, and I don't know him IRL.  I hate to see something like this, but he apparently made the decision, and he doesn't strike me as the type of person to do this type of thing just for a Tom Sawyer eulogy moment.  That said, I don't like the whole martyr thing, either.  Hopefully he was just drunk and doesn't have too much pride to say just jk.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2014, 01:11:48 AM »
Promise Keepers are the new crockpots.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2014, 01:21:04 AM »
wow, that really escalated quickly
emaw

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2014, 01:25:45 AM »
CF3, fwiw I bet my dad is 10x dorkier than your dad. :D
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2014, 01:42:59 AM »
a few GE friends sent me messages today telling me they appreciate my contributions here (Pete specifically, I mean, he is a great guy), and I don't want to play some martyr role like Spracne said, so I felt I shouldn't leave you fellas hanging. I kinda took the thread personally because of the way I was raised (Imagine a thread mocking whatever was important to your dad when you were 9, and that you credit for your father being a good man today) and that was no one's intent. No one meant personal insult. And _Fan is right, PK is too political now when they started as something else. SB is an IRL bud whom I knew and respected in college (I knew then we had different  worldviews and there was always mutual respect). So I'm sorry I took it personally and and posted some "I'm out" post because that is lame. There's a lot going on in my world, and I probs just need a break from GE, but I'll be back. Trim, _Fan, and pretty much all of us have taken breaks announced or quietly, so look at it more like that. I can't imagine how stupid the Royals thread would be without someone to put PIPE and Fanning in their places so I'll be back. too many of you are IRL buds to leave hanging.

Sorry I played the drama queen role today. Thanks for being IRL friends. I'll be around.

Go Cats, beat UCLA.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2014, 01:45:45 AM »
 :dance: yay!

I hate it when the grown ups fight.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2014, 01:55:59 AM »
i promise to keep laughing at pipe and fanning in the royals/chiefs threads
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2014, 09:48:02 AM »
a few GE friends sent me messages today telling me they appreciate my contributions here (Pete specifically, I mean, he is a great guy), and I don't want to play some martyr role like Spracne said, so I felt I shouldn't leave you fellas hanging. I kinda took the thread personally because of the way I was raised (Imagine a thread mocking whatever was important to your dad when you were 9, and that you credit for your father being a good man today) and that was no one's intent. No one meant personal insult. And _Fan is right, PK is too political now when they started as something else. SB is an IRL bud whom I knew and respected in college (I knew then we had different  worldviews and there was always mutual respect). So I'm sorry I took it personally and and posted some "I'm out" post because that is lame. There's a lot going on in my world, and I probs just need a break from GE, but I'll be back. Trim, _Fan, and pretty much all of us have taken breaks announced or quietly, so look at it more like that. I can't imagine how stupid the Royals thread would be without someone to put PIPE and Fanning in their places so I'll be back. too many of you are IRL buds to leave hanging.

Sorry I played the drama queen role today. Thanks for being IRL friends. I'll be around.

Go Cats, beat UCLA.

people have posted crap about my dad on KSUFans and then some here from time to time in the gpc thread. there's one dude on here who like legit hates my dad although I don't remember who.  people have called him a racist, horrible person, etc. I know he isn't so who cares. go cats.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 09:54:03 AM by GoodForAnother »
emaw

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2014, 10:53:08 AM »
Who is GFA's dad? PM if necessary.

(Looking forward to the responses)

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2014, 10:58:42 AM »
Link to cf3 vs. sdk in the royals thread?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »

Go Cats, beat UCLA.

people have posted crap about my dad on KSUFans and then some here from time to time in the gpc thread. there's one dude on here who like legit hates my dad although I don't remember who.  people have called him a racist, horrible person, etc. I know he isn't so who cares. go cats.

your dad is lon floyd?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »
How do you guys think officer daris feels with the way people talk about cops around here

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2014, 12:20:40 PM »

Go Cats, beat UCLA.

your dad is lon floyd?

we all call him lonny
emaw

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2014, 12:24:28 PM »
Your dad, Lonny, hates me, FWIW.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2014, 12:28:26 PM »
Lon really isn't my dad FYI, that was just a clever ruse
emaw

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2014, 12:29:47 PM »
Good because he's legitimately a virulent bigot

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2014, 12:30:20 PM »
GFA which one is your dad so we can avoid this predicament in the future.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best