Author Topic: Better Late Than Never "Serial" Thread (Spoilers?)  (Read 23191 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Better Late Than Never "Serial" Thread (Spoilers?)
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2014, 12:56:12 PM »
Hard hitting stuff, 'clams.

I like how you let the facts speak for themselves.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2014, 10:10:26 AM »
welp.   Nothing groundbreaking but it will be interesting to see the results.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2014, 04:51:26 PM »
Adnan and Jay did it, imo. Still seems most likely.  Agree that there is basically no way that a jury should have agreed to that though.   :driving:

I wonder if season 2 will be as good.  I mean Sara basically started off by saying that this story fell into her lap by the force of Adnan's sis.  She didn't find it herself.  I guess others may start sending her interesting stuff to look at given how popular this one became.   :dunno:

Given that she spend right at a year to put season 1 together, and that they were soliciting funds as late as a couple weeks ago, I have a feeling we have a Soprano'ish break ahead of us before S2. 

Really enjoyed this Season.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2014, 05:05:31 PM »
I don't think Adnan did it.  The motive is too convenient, and it's weak.  Asia will end up swearing under oath that he had an alibi, and I think he'll ultimately get off if all of these new motions are granted.  The case the prosecution put together was extremely weak, but the jury seemed naive at best and criminally incompetent at worst.

I think someone instigated, and Jay helped.  I think whoever did this ultimately got to Jay, and they got together and framed Adnan.  Who that someone is, I have no idea, but I really don't believe Adnan did it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2014, 05:42:09 PM »
The whole Innocence Project appeal they discussed was interesting at the end. 

One reason I think Adnan did it is that I originally thought that the time btwn the break up and the time of her death was a decent amt of time.  Didn't realize until this epi that it was 13 days.  I think he didn't take it serious until he met Don when looking at Hae's car.  Seeing Don and probably seeing Hae interact with Don, probably made it hit home pretty hard and made him mad because them not getting back together wasn't something he could deny any longer.

Also, Jay isn't intelligent enough to tell the same lie twice.  He varied every time he told it.  No way do I think that he is part of some greater conspiracy.  I think he helped more than he is saying and that he was scared of Adnan.

I do think it is interesting that Adnan formally requested that the Innocence Project file that appeal re: DNA, though.  This certainly doesn't fit with the above thoughts of mine. 

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2014, 11:06:13 AM »
the snl skit last night was pretty damn awesome

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2014, 11:19:32 AM »
I just started listening.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2014, 11:41:31 AM »
ok

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2014, 06:50:23 PM »
Thought it was a pretty good last epi since I knew it wouldn't really be resolved. I hope Adnan gets out. Even if he did do it, there's no way that d00d should be in jail because the state's case was completely incompetent.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2014, 09:28:06 AM »
I don't think Adnan did it.  The motive is too convenient, and it's weak.  Asia will end up swearing under oath that he had an alibi, and I think he'll ultimately get off if all of these new motions are granted.  The case the prosecution put together was extremely weak, but the jury seemed naive at best and criminally incompetent at worst.

I think someone instigated, and Jay helped.  I think whoever did this ultimately got to Jay, and they got together and framed Adnan.  Who that someone is, I have no idea, but I really don't believe Adnan did it.

Yeah, the jurors are naive.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2014, 10:40:53 AM »
god, some of the serial recaps are insufferable. "oh, I already knew the american justice system was mumped up". eff off.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2014, 10:45:54 AM »
i've been waiting for this :emawkid:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2014, 04:45:58 PM »
I installed flooring in my basement the last couple of days and listened to all the episodes. Very entertaining show. I go back and forth on whether he did it or not or at least was part of it. The SNL but was hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2014, 05:04:29 PM »

I installed flooring in my basement the last couple of days and listened to all the episodes. Very entertaining show. I go back and forth on whether he did it or not or at least was part of it. The SNL but was hilarious.

I think what is really interesting is how "podcasts" have now become a mainstream thing.  I want to see if and how the momentum continues

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2014, 05:11:37 PM »
the snl skit last night was pretty damn awesome

man that was great

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2014, 05:17:06 PM »

I think what is really interesting is how "podcasts" have now become a mainstream thing.  I want to see if and how the momentum continues

I don't think it's anything like a "podcast". It's just a great way to tell a story.

I think Koennig should have read this book (as should everyone should was interested in the show): http://www.amazon.com/The-Invisible-Gorilla-Intuitions-Deceive/dp/0307459667

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2014, 05:22:05 PM »
it's certainly a podcast- its defining what a podcast is (that's the American Life model).

the marketing dollars for next season will be fought after, I like seeing the market evolve

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2014, 07:06:05 PM »

Tip of the Iceberg IMO.    I would equate it to what blogging was 10 years ago. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2014, 07:15:10 PM »
it's certainly a podcast- its defining what a podcast is (that's the American Life model).

the marketing dollars for next season will be fought after, I like seeing the market evolve
Also, others will try to replicate it, hopefully spinning off other quality podcasts of this format.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2014, 07:32:56 PM »
god, some of the serial recaps are insufferable. "oh, I already knew the american justice system was mumped up". eff off.

ok
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2014, 07:55:53 PM »
I'm on episode 6 or 7. Had Adnan ever like been in a fight before? Had he ever been in real trouble? I don't believe someone, even an idiot teenager, would murder someone with their bare hands without some history of physical violence.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2014, 08:56:34 PM »
Nope.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Better Late Than Never "Serial" Thread (Spoilers?)
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2014, 10:09:18 PM »
I'm on episode 6 or 7. Had Adnan ever like been in a fight before? Had he ever been in real trouble? I don't believe someone, even an idiot teenager, would murder someone with their bare hands without some history of physical violence.

Keep listening.

And guys, the SNL thing was so good. They nailed all the main characters. Chris on the phone was fantastic.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2014, 10:29:19 PM »

Keep listening.

And guys, the SNL thing was so good. They nailed all the main characters. Chris on the phone was fantastic.

The mail chimp bit at the end had me absolutely dying. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile