Author Topic: 2014-15 college basketball  (Read 134422 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: 2014-15 college basketball
« Reply #1675 on: April 06, 2015, 09:51:21 PM »
oscar is there for the coaches' meetings. I wonder if he found anyone to sit with.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:01:53 PM by bones129 »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 06, 2015, 10:24:13 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 06, 2015, 10:24:20 PM »
This is the closest wisconsin will ever get and that makes me incredibly happy.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 06, 2015, 10:27:11 PM »
duke is a really good team, very fun to watch.  they've had different players step up all season.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 06, 2015, 10:50:21 PM »
Dekker's inability to make Duke pay when he was defended by guards was shocking

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: April 06, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »
What a shitty season. :frown:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1681 on: April 06, 2015, 11:14:42 PM »
oscar is there for the coaches' meetings. I wonder if he found anyone to sit with.

he had no trouble making friends.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 06, 2015, 11:15:14 PM »
Duke is just the best, great sister school.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1683 on: April 06, 2015, 11:21:06 PM »
Q: Can you talk about, is it going to be hard for you to say good-bye to this class of seniors?

really good question here.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 07, 2015, 06:22:27 AM »
Pretty good game to end hobby sport season.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 07, 2015, 07:14:34 AM »
Bo needed to shut his mouth. I suppose the realization that he probably won't ever have this chance again is hard.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 07, 2015, 07:21:26 AM »
Bo needed to shut his mouth. I suppose the realization that he probably won't ever have this chance again is hard.
What did he say?
:adios:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 07, 2015, 07:25:11 AM »

What did he say?

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4640884-bo-ryan-complaining-referees-officials-duke-wisconsin-2015-national-championship-game-kentucky-wildcats?utm_source=mweb&utm_medium=mweb

I guess I still remember Majerus in a similar situation after losing to Kentucky saying he just needed better players rather than finding things to blame or complain about.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 07, 2015, 07:36:05 AM »
At least the rent a player talk was regarding grad transfers, not one-and-dones....
:adios:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 07, 2015, 08:13:09 AM »
Bo needed to make an adjustment on D. Wisconsin never gave a hard hedge on ball screens with T Jones. Check out Gottlieb's IG for video.

I get that that is how Wisconsin defends everyone all the time, but the last 5 minutes of a championship game is not the time to be proud.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 07, 2015, 08:14:26 AM »
Learnin is mad guys  :D

Some of you have already mentioned some of these but here's my impressions of tonight's fiasco.

1.  Coach K wins another.  What a fantastic coach!   Yea, right.  He was out coached all night and two freshmen step up and take the game over.  There's no coaching involved in that.  Those two guys went one on one and Coach K just sat on his ass and watched them win the game.  I get so frickin' sick of these coaches who get the cream of the crop year in and year out.  Because of this, they get good seeds every year.  With those kinds of players, and good seeds year in and year out, you're going to slip into championships.  Now, before someone gets all hot and bothered, I'm not saying K is not a good coach.  I'm simply saying I'd like to see him coach Oklahoma's type of players and see how far he gets.

2.  Someone already mentioned how the game is called if you're Duke, North Carolina, etc.etc.,  Here's the game plan in college ball.  If you're a big name, especially, and you find yourself behind with the game about to get away from you, YOU PICK THE BALL UP AND RUN STRAIGHT TO THE BASKET.  IF YOU BARREL SOMEONE OVER, IT WILL BE A BLOCKING FOUL.  Don't worry about dribbling, just barrel in if it takes 3-4 steps and make sure you initiate contact. 

3.  College ball is nothing more than this, especially in the tournament.  If you're up 5-10 points, all the calls will go against you until you get back in the game or until it gets so ridiculous that they have to call one against you.  If you're behind, you'll get all the calls.   Duke's behind the whole second half and almost getting stomped and guess what?  They go to the line time and time again.  Just take the ball and dribble in for the whistle.

4.  Frank Kaminsky took Okafor to school.  Kaminsky is a big who can handle the ball and makes spins and reversal moves to the bucket. He doesn't go through the defender.   Because Kaminsky made spin moves, Okafor was constantly out of position and had to foul.  Okafor, on the other hand, lowers his shoulder and just tries to run someone over.  His little guards saved him from a real humiliation.   Kaminsky is a helluva basketball player.

5.  Like someone else already posted.  Why in the hell are you going to have a replay if you have solid evidence and you still don't change your mistake?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 07, 2015, 08:29:58 AM »
Bo needed to make an adjustment on D. Wisconsin never gave a hard hedge on ball screens with T Jones. Check out Gottlieb's IG for video.

I get that that is how Wisconsin defends everyone all the time, but the last 5 minutes of a championship game is not the time to be proud.

Yeah, that was pretty dumb.

But even so, Wisconsin's real problem is that they couldn't score. Offense is what brought them to the title game and built a 9 point 2nd half lead, then Duke took that away.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1692 on: April 07, 2015, 09:32:40 AM »

yeah, that was unfortunate. the rent-a-player line was stupid, too.

we get it bo, you're too virtuous to take advantage of a rule that many other big-time schools across the country happily utilize. that's fine and noble, but please don't remind us every five minutes, and especially not after losing the title game to a team that outplayed you.

that said, 2014-15 wisconsin was my favorite all-time team to watch, and super bummed they didn't win.  :frown:

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 07, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »
Yeah, after Wisc built that 9 pt line, Hayes hit a 3 but then they only hit 3 of next 14 FGAs.  In almost 11 min, they only got points in 3 of the 14 poss in that time. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 07, 2015, 09:59:59 AM »

yeah, that was unfortunate. the rent-a-player line was stupid, too.

we get it bo, you're too virtuous to take advantage of a rule that many other big-time schools across the country happily utilize. that's fine and noble, but please don't remind us every five minutes, and especially not after losing the title game to a team that outplayed you.

that said, 2014-15 wisconsin was my favorite all-time team to watch, and super bummed they didn't win.  :frown:

he's full of crap.  one and done players don't want to go to wisconsin.  and virtuous?  he's the highest paid state employee in wisconsin making millions off of unpaid athletes. 
complete d-bag of a person.  i'm ecstatic that duke won and bo ryan and his merry band of goofy looking do-gooders lost.   

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: April 07, 2015, 10:48:23 AM »
Grayson Allen plays basketball like daniel sams plays football

That kid had a pretty good night in spite of the fact he has a terrible name that should be pinned at or near the top of the Terrible Baby Names thread.  Also he looks just like Bear Grylls.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 07, 2015, 10:53:27 AM »
Hello there, I play basketball for Duke and I drink my own piss!

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 07, 2015, 10:55:59 AM »
Had no idea brock landers was a squawk. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 07, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »
Hello there, I play basketball for Duke and I drink my own piss!

dude is a beast

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 07, 2015, 12:45:56 PM »
They said last night he has the highest vert on the whole team. 38 inches! Wow