Author Topic: Phog Gem Thread  (Read 23947 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Phog Gem Thread
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2015, 12:07:44 PM »
I was rooting for Kentucky FWIW.  I would like to see a team run the table during my lifetime.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2015, 12:30:37 PM »
I was rooting for Kentucky against Wisconsin and for Wisconsin against Duke. But after Bo's post game comments, I'm kind of glad Duke won.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2015, 12:50:01 PM »
I know KU fans have little man syndrome, but in general, why do people cheer against good teams? Everyone (besides the studs on this board) were cheering for Kentucky to lose, and then Duke. I'm sure part of it is jealousy, but good grief, why do people cheer so hard for teams to not achieve greatness?

i don't like kentucky, like i don't like KU.  i can't imagine having to list the reasons why i feel that way, but if you're interested, spend some time in lexington and then ask yourself if you've ever met a similar fanbase filled with delusion and self importance.  your answer will be yes you have. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2015, 12:58:40 PM »
I was rooting for Kentucky against Wisconsin and for Wisconsin against Duke. But after Bo's post game comments, I'm kind of glad Duke won.
what did he say, I missed it?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2015, 01:07:50 PM »

He whined about the officials and "rent a players". Supposedly he meant 5th year transfers, but I don't know why he was talking about that. Still.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2015, 01:20:35 PM »
So it's all fixed, the NCAA tourney is unfair, refs are bought and paid for etc. etc.  So if it's so awful when are they going to admit that it's a hobby sport that's about a half step higher than WWE or UFC?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2015, 01:29:18 PM »

He whined about the officials and "rent a players". Supposedly he meant 5th year transfers, but I don't know why he was talking about that. Still.

It was quite a whine

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2015, 01:54:58 PM »
They weren't cheering for the underdog. They were cheering against the favorite.

Maybe. This Kentucky team is the greatest college basketball team I have ever watched, and losing a tournament game doesn't change that. To me, it was exciting to see a team actually beat them.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »
91ksjayhawk: Went over to Rupp Rafters after their loss to see the meltdown for myself. I was surprised with the number of UK Fans who openly admitted "Everybody hates us." I don't see how you can be a fan of a team with a slimy coach and dislikable players that you know everyone despises. Would one of the numerous Kentucky Trolls, who are immune to ban, like to explain????

QuothTheRavenNormore: Hahaha yeah, if KU had hired Cal instead of HCBS I'm sure you'd have marched
          up to AFH and turned in your Jayhawk fan card.

SWHawk: KU would never hire that slime ball in the first place.

(note: could not tell if this was a joke or not)
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2015, 02:45:56 PM »
91ksjayhawk: Went over to Rupp Rafters after their loss to see the meltdown for myself. I was surprised with the number of UK Fans who openly admitted "Everybody hates us." I don't see how you can be a fan of a team with a slimy coach and dislikable players that you know everyone despises. Would one of the numerous Kentucky Trolls, who are immune to ban, like to explain????

QuothTheRavenNormore: Hahaha yeah, if KU had hired Cal instead of HCBS I'm sure you'd have marched
          up to AFH and turned in your Jayhawk fan card.

SWHawk: KU would never hire that slime ball in the first place.

(note: could not tell if this was a joke or not)

This has always entertained me when the t-shirt fans/sidewalk alums talk crap with one another...

Most of us are actual alums or students of K-State, so its not like we can just "march up and turn in our fan card".  I mean I suppose you could, but why would you want to just arbitrarily pick a school to associate with? 

:dunno:
bears are fast...

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2015, 02:50:26 PM »
I'm glad that the world was still able to see that Bo Ryan isn't really a likable coach.  I think people were falling in love with his kids and forgetting that you shouldn't root for him.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2015, 02:55:23 PM »

I'm glad that the world was still able to see that Bo Ryan isn't really a likable coach.  I think people were falling in love with his kids and forgetting that you shouldn't root for him.

He's probably the basketball equivalent to Bill in many ways.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2015, 02:55:58 PM »
I mean I suppose you could, but why would you want to just arbitrarily pick a school to associate with? 

When I was a kid, I arbitrarily had to choose.  I only had two relatives that went to college, and they both went to Wichita State.  There was no way that I was going to root for Wichita State.  I didn't like KU, and I didn't have any connections with KSU at all, so rooting for them really wasn't in the cards.

I think some people pick those teams as kids and hold on to it.  Especially, if you were a fan of a school in a different state, but you ended up going to an in-state school or something. 

I don't follow Duke with the enthusiasm that I did back in high school, but I do watch a handful of games each year, and I do follow them in the tournament.  I really don't care if they win or lose, but I'm happy when they win.

Now, compare that with KSU, and there are times that I feel physically ill when they lose, so it's not like there's really a comparison any longer.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2015, 02:57:31 PM »

I thought about that a lot.  Bo is Snyder I.  He hasn't had the opportunity to step out of the game and come back as a completely lovable and revered icon.

There is absolutely a difference in Bill's personality now as opposed to ten years ago.  He's a much, much better interview and seems to be much less prickly.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2015, 03:02:02 PM »

Bill doesn't whine about the refs, at least not very often

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2015, 03:15:43 PM »
I mean I suppose you could, but why would you want to just arbitrarily pick a school to associate with? 

When I was a kid, I arbitrarily had to choose.  I only had two relatives that went to college, and they both went to Wichita State.  There was no way that I was going to root for Wichita State.  I didn't like KU, and I didn't have any connections with KSU at all, so rooting for them really wasn't in the cards.

I think some people pick those teams as kids and hold on to it.  Especially, if you were a fan of a school in a different state, but you ended up going to an in-state school or something. 

I don't follow Duke with the enthusiasm that I did back in high school, but I do watch a handful of games each year, and I do follow them in the tournament.  I really don't care if they win or lose, but I'm happy when they win.

Now, compare that with KSU, and there are times that I feel physically ill when they lose, so it's not like there's really a comparison any longer.

I totally get that... I was sort of a USC football fan as a lad, but all that went away once I chose "my school". 

I suppose my original point had to do with the uneducated masses moreso.

bears are fast...

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2015, 03:39:48 PM »
I was cheering against Wisconsin for obvious reasons.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2015, 03:57:20 PM »
I did not want Wisconsin to win.  At all. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2015, 04:12:24 PM »

I've gotten this from more than one Big Ten fan.  A Gopher fan I know absolutely hates them with scorched Earth tenacity.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2015, 04:18:05 PM »

I've gotten this from more than one Big Ten fan.  A Gopher fan I know absolutely hates them with scorched Earth tenacity.

The big 10 seems to be the polar opposite of the SEC when it comes to intraconference brotherhood... Seems that there is a lot of intense animosity amongst the big 10 schools to the point where they don't want to see anybody else in conference do well, whereas the SEC schools will gladly cheer for and tag-along on any successes by any member institution.

bears are fast...

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2015, 04:32:57 PM »
I'd feel differently if Illinois weren't crap and hadn't been for the last eight years or so.  It doesn't mean anything to me if Duke wins.  If shitface Wisconsin does it then it makes me even angrier at Illinois' bullshit. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2015, 04:38:13 PM »
I mean it just makes me rage and then I want to wreck everybody else's crap and then nobody has nice things. 

Offline signature move

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »
ya, i couldn't handle a wisconsin basketball championship.

basketball. wisconsin. championship.

i. . . i just couldn't handle it. now, i'll never have to.