Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 50536 times)

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #475 on: August 18, 2023, 09:59:20 PM »
I might give it a shot but it sounds like it might require too much focus to listen to while I work.

I need some new podcasts.  How did this get made, the dollop, and comedy bang bang only get me through so much of my work week.  I usually fill some gaps with sports podcasts but I can only stomach so many "Top 10 QB debate" pod episodes in the offseason.

The Best Show with Tom Scharpling. Takes a while to get into it. I often skip the Wurster calls.

Oh man, I used to just skip to the Wurster calls. Now, I think I appreciate the rest of the show as much (if not more).

Canadian friend of mine called in when another of his comedy heroes was live in studio ... and ... it did not go well.

Entertainingly bad or just bad?

Not bad enough to get Bad Company’ed or “Get off my phone”ed,  just over thought it.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 20, 2023, 08:15:00 AM »
does anyone else have problems with Apple podcasts randomly downloading episodes from two or three years ago for some feeds and then marking new episodes as "played" so they don't show up in the "downloaded" list. I've tried several fixes but it continues to annoy me. Maybe I need to switch to  a new podcasting app but I would like to stick with the native Apple podcasts app if possible.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 13, 2023, 07:26:42 AM »
I wish Carlin was still doing Common Sense. It’s wild how fast the world has shifted.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: October 16, 2023, 03:02:58 PM »
Carlin has always dropped some chud nuggets here and there in his posts

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 07, 2023, 01:33:56 PM »
One of my lil Croppings has been listening to This American Life. I haven't paid much attention to it since the days when I used to listen to it on the radio. It is very good.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 07, 2023, 02:26:14 PM »
One of my lil Croppings has been listening to This American Life. I haven't paid much attention to it since the days when I used to listen to it on the radio. It is very good.
i used to listen until ira’s voice and persona drove me to hate everything about the podcast. 

with that said, there’s an episode about worlds of fun that I recommend, AND GO CATS!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #483 on: November 08, 2023, 01:12:25 PM »
I thoroughly enjoy Smartless with Arnett and Bateman.

Fun interview with Marshawn Lynch.

https://open.spotify.com/show/0Yzd0g8NYmn27k2HFNplv7

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 08, 2023, 02:38:49 PM »
i used to listen until ira’s voice and persona drove me to hate everything about the podcast. 

with that said, there’s an episode about worlds of fun that I recommend, AND GO CATS!
i'm going to listen to that right now

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 08, 2023, 02:54:07 PM »

I'm interested. Please post the link herein if you find it.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 08, 2023, 03:57:27 PM »
I've been catching up on some of my bitcoin related podcasts today in the background.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 08, 2023, 09:22:44 PM »

episode 443, you can stream here or d/l through your podcast app, I use downcast

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/443/transcript

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 09, 2023, 08:48:12 AM »

episode 443, you can stream here or d/l through your podcast app, I use downcast

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/443/transcript
do you find downcast to be superior to apple podcasts?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 09, 2023, 09:06:31 AM »
i’ve not used the apple podcast app, it didn’t exist until after I was already using downcast

i’m sure it’s good

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 09, 2023, 02:06:20 PM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 09, 2023, 02:13:30 PM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 30, 2023, 07:51:07 AM »
Give it up for 1.5x speed

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 30, 2023, 07:51:50 AM »

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 30, 2023, 09:01:10 AM »
that's a lot even at 1.5x! i don't have the brain bandwidth to listen to a podcast while working

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 30, 2023, 10:10:26 AM »
that's a lot even at 1.5x! i don't have the brain bandwidth to listen to a podcast while working

Same, I really wish I could. I can't even listen to music. I actually thought about this recently while my family was bothering me at the beach while I was trying to have beach drinks and read my book. I've been trying to read at night for a few minutes while the family is watching tv. I'm not sure I have the patience to see if I can train myself to be able to do it, but i'm wondering if its possible. Very doubtful for me at least since I've done it a few nights now and I think i've gotten through 9 words of my book,

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #496 on: November 30, 2023, 10:49:49 AM »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 30, 2023, 02:49:55 PM »
I can't go back to 1x speed, everyone sounds like they're slurring their words. If you want to increase the number of podcasts you listen to in a set amount of time, going to 1.2x has never bothered anyone if I'm showing them a clip or something. And it doesn't take long to go from that to 1.5x. But the Goldilocks speed for me is 1.8x.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 30, 2023, 02:59:48 PM »
If I'm driving and 100% focused on a podcast, I can speed it up.  When I'm working, I zone in and out so regular speed and not super in-depth are the way to go.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 30, 2023, 06:25:02 PM »
If I'm driving and 100% focused on a podcast, I can speed it up.  When I'm working, I zone in and out so regular speed and not super in-depth are the way to go.

One of the main reasons I enjoy driving for work. Hours upon hours of listening per day.