Author Topic: chum1's dumb job stories  (Read 57393 times)

Offline stevedaveKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: chum1's dumb job stories
« Reply #825 on: April 11, 2024, 10:41:14 PM »
I’m good with just one job. I wouldn’t be able to travel like I have been if I attempted 2. I had over 30 flights last year that weren’t work related. I’m already on pace to do the same this year. With that travel schedule and flexibility there’s no reason for me to even think about 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stevedaveKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 11, 2024, 10:41:45 PM »
Holy crap. D2 just called me out of the blue and told me that his new company might have a remote opening for me. Lmao

He's still bffs with D1, who still does contract work for our former employer. So, he'd heard I was laid off.

I didn't gain any additional insight about what happened when he was fired. Still don't know what to believe about any of it. I did enjoy that he started out by saying, "I wish those people the best and don't have any ill will toward any of them," and then finished with a 15 minute rant about what awful people they are and that the owner needs to get some white paint to cover up the scripture on his office walls because he's rough ridin' evil.
You must make this happen

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 11, 2024, 11:01:14 PM »
Hmmm
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 11, 2024, 11:30:26 PM »
I’m good with just one job. I wouldn’t be able to travel like I have been if I attempted 2. I had over 30 flights last year that weren’t work related. I’m already on pace to do the same this year. With that travel schedule and flexibility there’s no reason for me to even think about 2.

:lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 12, 2024, 06:16:27 AM »
more like da big airplane

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 12, 2024, 06:42:37 AM »
D2 also mentioned that his new company is the type to acquire other companies. Which seems true because they have all of these random ass locations on their website. So, another funny part of the call was him mentioning the possibility of the new company acquiring the old company. He said, "and if that happens, it's like, 'COO, you're gone. CFO, gone. Don't need you any more.'" I was thinking to myself, "oh, you've been thinking about this for a while." 100% chance that he suggests this idea to the new company.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 12, 2024, 07:00:21 AM »
D2 also mentioned that his new company is the type to acquire other companies. Which seems true because they have all of these random ass locations on their website. So, another funny part of the call was him mentioning the possibility of the new company acquiring the old company. He said, "and if that happens, it's like, 'COO, you're gone. CFO, gone. Don't need you any more.'" I was thinking to myself, "oh, you've been thinking about this for a while." 100% chance that he suggests this idea to the new company.
for this to come full circle, i hope you work for him and his new company acquires one of the other companies that employ you.  everyone will be asking you if you’ve met the other chum1 yet.   you’ll have to join team meetings with two different laptops and only be able to turn on one camera.  this will turn into a movie.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 12, 2024, 08:16:05 AM »
for this to come full circle, i hope you work for him and his new company acquires one of the other companies that employ you.  everyone will be asking you if you’ve met the other chum1 yet.   you’ll have to join team meetings with two different laptops and only be able to turn on one camera.  this will turn into a movie.
Crap I really need to see this movie

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 12, 2024, 08:40:27 AM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 12, 2024, 12:19:36 PM »

Incredible! In the eye of your mind, who do you see playing the role of chum1? Feel free to cast the other principle characters, as well. I don't want to steal your chum1 thunder, but I'm thinking Matthew Lillard as D2.