Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 50138 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #425 on: August 29, 2022, 09:30:50 AM »
the AJ's pizza / doordash saga that i somehow remember reading about before was just featured on radiolab

I randomly picked up radiolab for the first time in months yesterday and listened to it.  Great story.
I stopped listening to it regularly because it was so often a re-run that I didn’t bother unless I was out of other pods
:adios:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 29, 2022, 09:43:50 AM »
I just discovered The Dollop and it is my current favorite. I laugh myself silly I tells ya. Anyone else listen to it?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 29, 2022, 09:49:51 AM »
I just discovered The Dollop and it is my current favorite. I laugh myself silly I tells ya. Anyone else listen to it?

Yup - I pick the episodes that interest me but I enjoy it too.  Gareth has pretty decent stand up too.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 29, 2022, 10:00:54 AM »

Yup - I pick the episodes that interest me but I enjoy it too.  Gareth has pretty decent stand up too.

Best ones I've heard:

Rube Waddell
David Hahn
Mince Pie
Ten Cent Beer Night
Gregor McGregor

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 29, 2022, 10:05:25 AM »

Best ones I've heard:

Rube Waddell
David Hahn
Mince Pie
Ten Cent Beer Night
Gregor McGregor
Newsies strike is amazing

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 29, 2022, 10:48:21 AM »

Best ones I've heard:

Rube Waddell
David Hahn
Mince Pie
Ten Cent Beer Night
Gregor McGregor

John Brown two-parter should be required for any Kansan
steven segall is incredible

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 29, 2022, 10:50:22 AM »
the AJ's pizza / doordash saga that i somehow remember reading about before was just featured on radiolab

I randomly picked up radiolab for the first time in months yesterday and listened to it.  Great story.
I stopped listening to it regularly because it was so often a re-run that I didn’t bother unless I was out of other pods

they lost the magic without Robert. the Lebanon episode is one of the best all time though, imo

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 29, 2022, 11:10:33 AM »

Best ones I've heard:

Rube Waddell
David Hahn
Mince Pie
Ten Cent Beer Night
Gregor McGregor

I really did learn a lot about John Brown from those episodes!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 29, 2022, 01:10:44 PM »

Best ones I've heard:

Rube Waddell
David Hahn
Mince Pie
Ten Cent Beer Night
Gregor McGregor

I will do John Brown next! And the segall one is bonkers. He's like, the worst.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 29, 2022, 05:09:20 PM »

Best ones I've heard:

Rube Waddell
David Hahn
Mince Pie
Ten Cent Beer Night
Gregor McGregor

I will do John Brown next! And the segall one is bonkers. He's like, the worst.

I listened to that John Brown two-parter while driving up to Kansas last Thanksgiving. Good stuff. I think the Dollop also did an episode about The Egg Wars? If so, that one is a must-listen, too.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 11, 2022, 01:05:51 PM »
The latest Joe Rohan podcast w/ Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock is an absolute throwback. What the JRE was originally all about. So much fun.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 11, 2022, 01:34:10 PM »
lol

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 15, 2022, 01:04:58 PM »
On part 2 of the 3 part Aaron Burr Dollop. Incred.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 15, 2022, 01:30:08 PM »
The latest Joe Rohan podcast w/ Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock is an absolute throwback. What the JRE was originally all about. So much fun.

Woof

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 27, 2023, 01:48:43 PM »
Just started The Last of Us podcast. Heard some good stuff about it.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 31, 2023, 07:32:13 PM »
Enjoyed the episode of The Remnant were Jonah talks with Avi Loeb about objects in space that may or may not have been created by technology in other regions of the universe:

The truth is out there, and Jonah may uncover it on today’s Remnant. To boldly go where no pundit has gone before, he’s joined by Avi Loeb—Harvard astrophysicist and author of the recent book, Interstellar: The Search for Extraterrestrial Life and Our Future in the Stars—to discuss UFOs and our place in the universe. Together, they endeavor to answer all of the most pressing questions about alien life: How should we approach the study of interstellar objects? What role does the government play in scientific inquiry? And most importantly, when can we expect the sweet meteor of death to strike?

https://thedispatch.com/podcast/remnant/i-want-to-believe/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Goopy+Infowars&utm_campaign=Goopy+Infowars

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2023, 01:19:18 PM »
My co-worker recommended "The Rest is History"  podcast and it has been great so far. Went back and listened to a four-part series about the Falklands war as well as recent eps about life in East Germany and famous dogs. Looks like they are going to cover the Fall of Saigon next. Would recommend.

https://shows.acast.com/the-rest-is-history-podcast

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 10, 2023, 10:29:42 PM »

Best ones I've heard:

Rube Waddell
David Hahn
Mince Pie
Ten Cent Beer Night
Gregor McGregor

Jerry Springer

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 11, 2023, 08:37:38 AM »
Any country music fans out there? Particularly Dolly?

This is fantastic and I cannot recommend it enough.

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/765024913/dolly-parton-s-america
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 02, 2023, 09:17:00 AM »
Currently listening to season one of the Bema podcast, which walks the listener through Torah from a Hebrew/Eastern perspective. It’s an eye-opening and thought provoking experience, especially for a westerner.

As westerners, biblical text, especially the Old Testament can be uncomfortable, maddening, boring, etc. that’s because our western worldview and perspective handicaps our ability to digest the poetic and deeper meanings of the text.

These stories are Hebrew/Eastern stories written by Hebrew authors, for an ancient Hebrew audience. The first two episodes kind of lay the ground work, and the walk thru Torah starts w/ Genesis 1:1 in episode three.

It’s an enjoyable, and lighthearted show. Not preachy and quite different from any biblical interpretation most of us have probably experienced. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I am (listened thru episode 11 so far, halfway thru the story of Jacob).

https://www.bemadiscipleship.com/episodes?season=1
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 02, 2023, 09:57:41 AM »
Currently listening to season one of the Bema podcast, which walks the listener through Torah from a Hebrew/Eastern perspective. It’s an eye-opening and thought provoking experience, especially for a westerner.

As westerners, biblical text, especially the Old Testament can be uncomfortable, maddening, boring, etc. that’s because our western worldview and perspective handicaps our ability to digest the poetic and deeper meanings of the text.

These stories are Hebrew/Eastern stories written by Hebrew authors, for an ancient Hebrew audience. The first two episodes kind of lay the ground work, and the walk thru Torah starts w/ Genesis 1:1 in episode three.

It’s an enjoyable, and lighthearted show. Not preachy and quite different from any biblical interpretation most of us have probably experienced. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I am (listened thru episode 11 so far, halfway thru the story of Jacob).

That looks and sounds pretty interesting. They have a ton of episodes available.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 02, 2023, 12:20:51 PM »
They killed Jesus and for that reason, I’m out.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 26, 2023, 11:51:43 PM »

This is the best podcast I’ve ever listened to. It’s not close. Season 1 and season 3 are absolute fireballs. Season 2 (non-Torah OT) is a slog, but worth it.

I’ve listened to 100 episodes so far. Episode 100 begins w/ an 11 minute recap of the previous 99 episodes.

Season 1 - Torah
Season 2 - Rest of OT
Season 3 - NT

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 27, 2023, 10:02:52 AM »
i am triggered by "Hebrew/Eastern"

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 27, 2023, 10:45:04 AM »
I might give it a shot but it sounds like it might require too much focus to listen to while I work.

I need some new podcasts.  How did this get made, the dollop, and comedy bang bang only get me through so much of my work week.  I usually fill some gaps with sports podcasts but I can only stomach so many "Top 10 QB debate" pod episodes in the offseason.