Author Topic: Israel - Hamas peace process  (Read 54118 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Israel - Hamas peace process
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2015, 09:10:54 AM »
The 2% of Christians who don't believe in God at all would be an interesting group.

K-S-U puts Obama into that group.

I'm surprised that's such a controversial comment. The only church Obama attended with any regularity was Rev' Wright's BLT church in his district in Chicago, which he pretty plainly joined only for political expediency. Of course, no serious presidential candidate, or president, would admit to being an aetheist, but can you really look at Obama and tell me that "there's a man who believes in God"? He once slammed his opponents as "clinging to their religion." He's a typical far left liberal aetheist.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2015, 09:49:58 AM »
Welp, back to the drawing board for Team Obama.

Apparently Netanyahu did better than expected with the Jewish demographic.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 18, 2015, 10:17:08 AM »
Most religious people are fake religious.

I think being a Christian will stop being a requirement for victory in a national election in my lifetime. At least I pray it will.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #403 on: March 18, 2015, 08:48:55 PM »
"Clearly Obama's plan of destabilizing the mideast and empowering genocidal dictators is the surest path to piece in the ME"

-libtards
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 15, 2017, 12:33:26 PM »
Well, the obvious truth has finally been spoken by Netanyahu and Trump.  The two-state solution is dead.

We will now be negotiating the best form of apartheid or ethnic cleansing with Jared Kushner as Trump's envoy to secure a deal.

"It might be a better deal than people in this room understand."

-Trump

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 15, 2017, 12:51:31 PM »
If you're not going the two-state solution route (which, I'm not convinced is really a long-term solution) then the U.S. should just stay out of it entirely.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 15, 2017, 01:32:41 PM »
If you're not going the two-state solution route (which, I'm not convinced is really a long-term solution) then the U.S. should just stay out of it entirely.

I agree on some levels, but a two state solution only emboldens the entities that will attack Israel from it, and it only makes Israel protecting themselves even harder in light of the fact that Israel would be attacking a nation state in the process.   Subsequently opening itself for the usual ridicule from the usual suspects on the world stage in the court of world opinion.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 15, 2017, 01:34:12 PM »
pushing back to the UN partition plan is probably the only reasonable way forward.

p.s. no way Israel would accept those condition in the current conservative Israeli environment

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 15, 2017, 01:41:52 PM »
On many levels a two state solution only heightens the prospect of war, because written alliances and stated responses to any attack would be formed almost immediately.   Any entity entering into a formal military alliance with the Palestinian State would have both legs to stand on in coming to its "defense" (even if the Palestinian State was the instigator). 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 15, 2017, 04:14:12 PM »

I agree on some levels, but a two state solution only emboldens the entities that will attack Israel from it, and it only makes Israel protecting themselves even harder in light of the fact that Israel would be attacking a nation state in the process.   Subsequently opening itself for the usual ridicule from the usual suspects on the world stage in the court of world opinion.

Israel is a nuclear power that has an incredible military advantage over their enemies. I think it would be bad if we said to Israel "welp, good luck!" but not because they would be seriously threatened. The problem would be the likelihood of a "strategic" nuclear strike.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 15, 2017, 05:01:55 PM »
Catching up on this thread and just wanted to point out that Dugouts wish came true

Just once I'd like a candidate who will stand up and mock other leaders.  I guess it's business as usual in Washington

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2021, 10:10:16 PM »
Israel is committing state terror against Palestinian civilians.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2021, 02:52:54 PM »

While obviously way more complicated than just waving a wand and declaring it so, it really makes me want to just determine a list of sites in Jerusalem all have access to that will become international free zone that no one lives in, and then split the rest.

That or just make the whole goddamn thing no ones, both sides are bad actors and really no one should get it IMO. If you live there declare which side you are on, vote in your sides elections so you know how the eff you will be taxed and under what laws or w/e, but if you cause trouble just get kicked out to your side. Let the UN police, I don't care, I hate talking about one city with too many claimants and bloodshed over far, far too long. All sides suck on it.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 12, 2021, 04:31:02 PM »
I watched the HBO doc on the Oslo Accords yesterday. It was pretty good. I didn't realize Bibi was the one to wreck that.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 12, 2021, 04:57:17 PM »
iPOTUS Joe: Empowering Hamas and Islamic Jihad

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 12, 2021, 05:50:59 PM »
I watched the HBO doc on the Oslo Accords yesterday. It was pretty good. I didn't realize Bibi was the one to wreck that.

Bibi wrecked everything and he's spent 25 years spitting in the face of the American government and daring multiple presidents to do something about it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 12, 2021, 06:04:11 PM »

While obviously way more complicated than just waving a wand and declaring it so, it really makes me want to just determine a list of sites in Jerusalem all have access to that will become international free zone that no one lives in, and then split the rest.

That or just make the whole goddamn thing no ones, both sides are bad actors and really no one should get it IMO. If you live there declare which side you are on, vote in your sides elections so you know how the eff you will be taxed and under what laws or w/e, but if you cause trouble just get kicked out to your side. Let the UN police, I don't care, I hate talking about one city with too many claimants and bloodshed over far, far too long. All sides suck on it.

While I'll accept the argument, but won't co-op it, that the entirety of the conflict is more complicated than Israel committing state sponsored terrorism, what happened the last week isn't more complicated than that at all.

It was Israel who made the unprompted provocation to have the police attack Palestinians on the streets on Jerusalem during Ramadan then eject them from their established homes. Were they just supposed to take the behavior and hope everything would be okay? Then Palestine strikes back with missile attacks, which were largely futile against the Israel missile defense system. Then they retaliate against Palestinian citizens at 10x the force in which they were attacked.

Sometimes it's okay to call a spade a spade.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 13, 2021, 08:38:33 AM »

While I'll accept the argument, but won't co-op it, that the entirety of the conflict is more complicated than Israel committing state sponsored terrorism, what happened the last week isn't more complicated than that at all.

It was Israel who made the unprompted provocation to have the police attack Palestinians on the streets on Jerusalem during Ramadan then eject them from their established homes. Were they just supposed to take the behavior and hope everything would be okay? Then Palestine strikes back with missile attacks, which were largely futile against the Israel missile defense system. Then they retaliate against Palestinian citizens at 10x the force in which they were attacked.

Yes, state sponsored terror is clearly indicative of one side and not the other :/ Last week was pretty clear which side, but to call last week something unique isn't, just another milepost on a conflict that has gone on for too long. I wasn't trying to overly "both sides it" but you can sit there for literally years and come up with atrocity on atrocity both committed, both suck in that regards. At some point you gotta look at it and be like neither can be trusted with being able to peaceful about it and both should have to just give it all up.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 13, 2021, 12:26:08 PM »
Just over 100 days in office and this administration is on the brink of ushering in (another) war in the Middle East.

SMDH

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 13, 2021, 12:28:50 PM »
This admin told Israel to evict Palestinians from old Jerusalem?

Not Cool Biden!!!

Needs to call the Kush in to settle this ASAP

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 13, 2021, 06:26:28 PM »

Yes, state sponsored terror is clearly indicative of one side and not the other :/ Last week was pretty clear which side, but to call last week something unique isn't, just another milepost on a conflict that has gone on for too long. I wasn't trying to overly "both sides it" but you can sit there for literally years and come up with atrocity on atrocity both committed, both suck in that regards. At some point you gotta look at it and be like neither can be trusted with being able to peaceful about it and both should have to just give it all up.

Israel now using their army to attack civilians.

Sure Hamas has definitely "started it" enough over the years, no doubt. Of course we can go back 70 some odd years to when the British and Americans choose to colonize land that was inhabited by a majority of Palestinians and decided to split it up then just leave when the people who lived there didn't want that.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 13, 2021, 06:37:57 PM »
Of course we can go back 70 some odd years to when the British and Americans choose to colonize land that was inhabited by a majority of Palestinians and decided to split it up then just leave when the people who lived there didn't want that.

good grief.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 13, 2021, 08:50:01 PM »
Life changing opinion sys, thank you for showing me the flaw in my opinion.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 13, 2021, 09:04:28 PM »
During WWI, the British promised to give Palestine to both the Jews and the Arabs, in completely contradictory agreements

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 13, 2021, 09:36:48 PM »
During WWI, the British promised to give Palestine to both the Jews and the Arabs, in completely contradictory agreements

Correct. The Arabs were the majority, Jews the minority group. The brits decided to make them split the land, jews continued to flow in, escaping the Nazi's, the brits then decided to dip out when the jews, backed by Americans decided to create Israel in 1948 and we've unevenly backed Jewish Israel since.

Not sure what about that offended sys's sensibilities.