Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 631036 times)

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it sucks because khiry is legit the nicest dude on the team, he's taken so many pics and signed autographs for my daughter whenever, but last night even she was making snide comments when he came into the game lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, he seems like a great dude.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what a crap second half last night.  can't defend corners/crosses/set pieces.  vermes should have taken roger out at half, or at least after we conceded the first goal, can't have both duke/hernandez on the bench at the same time and play uri/roger.  tired of vermes whining, if not a straight red, roger is still getting his 2nd yellow on that challenge.  oscar vibes

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Peter is a dumb bitch

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Although I like him overall, Pulskamp was awful with the PKs.  He would have all his weight on one leg as the player approached.  It was obvious where he was going every time.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not sure what i feel more dumb about, staying up that late or renewing my season tickets yesterday.  By the end, i didn't really particularly care if we won or not, the game was so bad to watch.  How you keep 4 subs on the bench in a 120 min mid week game where guys are gassed/cramping up left and right, i will never understand.  Ben Sweat is complete crap (yes had one good pass late).  Pulskamp had an unbelievable save to keep them in it, agreed he looked lost in pk's.  Agada flipping in pk's after being denied, unreal cringe level.  Massive changes needed on the pitch and in the office before next season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not sure what i feel more dumb about, staying up that late or renewing my season tickets yesterday.  By the end, i didn't really particularly care if we won or not, the game was so bad to watch.  How you keep 4 subs on the bench in a 120 min mid week game where guys are gassed/cramping up left and right, i will never understand.  Ben Sweat is complete crap (yes had one good pass late).  Pulskamp had an unbelievable save to keep them in it, agreed he looked lost in pk's.  Agada flipping in pk's after being denied, unreal cringe level.  Massive changes needed on the pitch and in the office before next season.

Peter committed coaching malpractice and disrespected everyone associated with Sporting Kansas City.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

this...i know you have to have a short memory as an athlete, but...

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10808 on: August 08, 2022, 09:20:41 AM »
In the two games I've been to this year, SKC has scored 10 goals.  At least they've been entertaining for me.

I went to the Cauldron open practice on Sunday.  Very cool event.  About 40 people showed up and we got to go through the US Soccer training facility before watching practice for about an hour.  The guys who played significant minutes just came out to sign autographs.  All the players took their time and made sure anybody who wanted a picture or autograph was taken care of.  A lot of very happy kids were running around.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10809 on: August 08, 2022, 11:28:51 AM »
You need to keep attending matches. I went from 2012 to the 2019 Western Conference Final match against Portland without seeing a sporting loss.

That cauldron event sounds incred.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: August 08, 2022, 01:44:50 PM »
You need to keep attending matches. I went from 2012 to the 2019 Western Conference Final match against Portland without seeing a sporting loss.

That cauldron event sounds incred.

I'm in KC now so I plan to hit some more - let me know if you're ever around for a game.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: August 15, 2022, 10:44:52 AM »
so i wasn't able to watch the game saturday night, so we got up 3-1 in the first half and then crap the bed in the 2nd?  how did it happen?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: August 15, 2022, 11:10:13 AM »
Chicat left at halftime

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: August 15, 2022, 11:49:58 AM »
so i wasn't able to watch the game saturday night, so we got up 3-1 in the first half and then crap the bed in the 2nd?  how did it happen?

Ben Sweat had an all time pants shitting. I will say that lead never felt safe, but I thought we'd earn a draw, but nah.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: August 16, 2022, 12:09:19 PM »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10815 on: August 22, 2022, 08:56:36 AM »
I was hoping Pulskamp would get his clean sheet last night but still a good game.  It's fun kicking goals

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: August 22, 2022, 09:01:30 AM »
Pulskamp's save where he landed in the back of the net of incredible in person.  Also, they had Brisket Bob there last night (said he hadn't been back since 2018 or something, maybe covid, idk).  Anyway, after each goal he would carve a slice off of this brisket, bag it up, and toss it in the cauldron.  I assumed maybe it was a dig at Portland and their lumberjack that saws their big log after each score?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: August 22, 2022, 05:59:39 PM »
Your assumption is correct

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: August 31, 2022, 05:01:21 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Chodw_UlikC/

:lol: :lol: :lol:    FC Wichita is the best team in the State.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: September 01, 2022, 01:15:22 AM »
That woman was hurt very badly, BTW. Someone about 10 rows behind me tonight took a foul ball to the face, tough scene.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: September 01, 2022, 01:16:13 AM »
Four year contract extension for Salloi :excited:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: February 22, 2023, 10:32:15 PM »
I find the palace intrigue/drama around soccer coaches to be amusing. Are they paid just to be the ultimate scapegoat, or what's the deal?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: February 23, 2023, 08:50:20 AM »
I find the palace intrigue/drama around soccer coaches to be amusing. Are they paid just to be the ultimate scapegoat, or what's the deal?

Can't overly say why it matters as much for MLS, but at least for all other soccer leagues (so this mentality probably permeates from european leagues to the MLS) actual failure(s) in a league could mean relegation and since the manager is the one who determines line-ups and in game decisions, while yes, he can only be as good as the players he has, obvious on field play that is indicative of poor coaching gets magnified. Like if a team loses or draws a game due to VAR review or something that more easier to make it be not the manager he can survive, if they lose cause they played sloppily or didn't put someone in who could've made a change earlier it is on the manager so they draw that ire.

Like, there is no "suck for Luck" mentality in the EPL, being in last (or least 3) means you're in the champions league, so that drive to be successful is very tangible even if for some outsiders "oh you don't have playoffs? or ties?" (harkening back to the original Ted Lasso's skit for NBC) might not see that. So it mean each game matters, a lot, and keeping up with the Jonses is how you have to play.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla