Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 654595 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
need a reason to hope

uh, the new center back arrived yesterday :dunno:

cool, just need another one now, and a healthy left back.  and right back

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How are Zusi and Espinoza still regular starters in 2023? Total negligence by the front office and Vermes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How are Zusi and Espinoza still regular starters in 2023? Total negligence by the front office and Vermes.

Neither really are, both are starting due to injuries, along with Shelton, Sweat, and Voloder. I do think both Zusi and Espinoza are good enough to get minutes, just not as many as they are getting.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ooooof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Peter not subbing out Melia, after he basically can't move, then gives up the goal that Pulskamp probably stops.  Barely into April and i've got to sit thru how many more games of this?  Feels like a major overhaul needs to happen, but won't.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Peter not subbing out Melia, after he basically can't move,

I was sitting in our defensive half for the second half, about right at the top of the 18 and I didn't see anything wrong with Melia nor have I heard anyone else mentioning he was hurt or anything.

After Rubio got away with the foul on Walter, it was a 2 on 1 and Melia had to defend the entire goal. If anything, he's guilty for not recognizing that Barrios was offside. It looks like Melia was leaning, trying to defend a pass to Barrios when Rubio beat him near post.

Either way, giving up that goal was not the issue. We were pushing way up the field because we could've score if we had two nets. All 10 field players were on our defensive half and we had a midfielder as the last guy back. If we weren't in such a scoring funk, the defense wouldn't have been as high as they were and that break wouldn't have been an issue.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i thought i might have walked past you on the bridge before the game.  melia took a collision/can't remember with who, and was hobbling around, peter was asking him if he was ok, of course he was going to say he was fine but he was running around like he had a stick up his ass the rest of the game, he was def not 100%.  someone with the kc soccer journal i think had mentioned on twitter after the game, i was surprised no one else had said anything.  not saying that goal was entirely his fault, although he shouldn't get beat near post.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i thought i might have walked past you on the bridge before the game.  melia took a collision/can't remember with who, and was hobbling around, peter was asking him if he was ok, of course he was going to say he was fine but he was running around like he had a stick up his ass the rest of the game, he was def not 100%.  someone with the kc soccer journal i think had mentioned on twitter after the game, i was surprised no one else had said anything.  not saying that goal was entirely his fault, although he shouldn't get beat near post.

I completely forgot about that collision.

You saw me with my 37 kids! I wish you would have said hello. Because I'm going to Minnesota next month, and my oldest has started soccer season, that's probably the first and last time we'll be in CMP this season, unless we host a weekday playoff match. It really leaves a bad taste.

Speaking of bad taste. Me and one of my progeny each had a burger, fries, and a drink and it cost me $63. I'm not one to complain about concession prices but that's rough ridin' absurd. I generally don't eat there but I'll make sure I'll never do it again. I fed my entire family a full BBQ meal at Wolfepack BBQ the next day, a full slab of ribs, pork belly, three full sides, and drinks for $1 less. I haven't been on the fire Jake Reid train but this rough ridin' guy, sheesh. They got praised for this dish last summer
https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1544717547609653249
What did they do with the positive publicity? Raised the price and made the dish one less meat.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also did you see the guy with vermes out sign? Complete cornball.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i think you actually made eye contact with me, not that you know me, but it was a split second thing after i walked past i thought i seen your pic before and was sure it was you, lol. 

did not see the sign until after on twitter.  support at home has been great all year, play on the field looks much worse than the beg of last season, which is saying a lot

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile

I completely forgot about that collision.

You saw me with my 37 kids! I wish you would have said hello. Because I'm going to Minnesota next month, and my oldest has started soccer season, that's probably the first and last time we'll be in CMP this season, unless we host a weekday playoff match. It really leaves a bad taste.

Speaking of bad taste. Me and one of my progeny each had a burger, fries, and a drink and it cost me $63. I'm not one to complain about concession prices but that's rough ridin' absurd. I generally don't eat there but I'll make sure I'll never do it again. I fed my entire family a full BBQ meal at Wolfepack BBQ the next day, a full slab of ribs, pork belly, three full sides, and drinks for $1 less. I haven't been on the fire Jake Reid train but this rough ridin' guy, sheesh. They got praised for this dish last summer
https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1544717547609653249
What did they do with the positive publicity? Raised the price and made the dish one less meat.
Chicken Bucket is still the best deal in the building.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah it's literally the only good deal in the building,. They have a $7 hot dog on the value menu :ROFL:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the time i got the chicken bucket, all the chicken was just small pieces of breading, it sucked

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Only a few points out of the playoff spots.  :cool:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dom Dwyer is coming in to solve all the goal scoring problems, so no worries guys

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
lol, sounds like willy is out for some time, leave it to sporting to go find some old guy that used to play here

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He's only trialing, for now. At least they're trying something other than just inserting Shelton. If they do sign him, bear in mind that he has 4 goals in his last 600 minutes played. Salloi has 1 in 700 minutes played this year. Last year Johnny Russell had 8 goals in 2700 minutes. You have to go back 3000 minutes to get 4 goals out of Shelton.

We need goal scoring help, we're outside of a transfer window, Dwyer is the best goal scoring free agent option.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It feels like it would be a move to save Vermes job more than being in the best interest of the team long term.  I think we're better off figuring out if there's any value on SKC 2 then bringing in a mediocre short term fix for a team with little short term future.

Agree that I would prefer it, or many forms of light torture, to watching Khiry play.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It feels like it would be a move to save Vermes job more than being in the best interest of the team long term.  I think we're better off figuring out if there's any value on SKC 2 then bringing in a mediocre short term fix for a team with little short term future.

Agree that I would prefer it, or many forms of light torture, to watching Khiry play.

Peter's absolutely not in job saving mode yet. He literally just got an extension and he's his own GM. Besides even if he was, saving his job is about winning games, is hope he's doing his best to win games. If Dom Dwyer spent his career in the eastern conference people wouldn't be freaking out about this. The fact is, at the end of the year last season, he was in better goal scoring form than literally anyone on the roster now.

Also bear in mind that with SKC 2, they're not a USL team anymore, they're a MLS NextPro team, it's a completely developmental league. Those players are mostly high school kids who are good academy and club players, it's the third level of American professional soccer. If you remember Wan Kuzain, he's probably the best player in that league and he's there after not being able to see the field for SKC, then also washing out in the USL.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Here you go
https://twitter.com/SportingKC/status/1651275102892310538

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There we go.

Was at the game last night so I've seen half our goals on the season.  Nice to win 3-0 but my goodness we need to kick more goals. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I thought we looked like crap last night too. There are more than one game we lost that we looked better in.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
too much of a pita to ever catch games since I let my mls pass lapse a couple years ago but tonight was free apparently and man we appear to suck complete crap