Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657008 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Apparently there was something else that went down with the ultras and other fans in the cauldron during the match, according to the cauldron board of directors.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
the fan section has a board of directors

that’s completely normal

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the fan section has a board of directors

that’s completely normal

They all do, league wide, then the supporter groups belong to a larger league wide organization. Pretty sure the league mandates is for accountability in case some crap goes down. It's not a terrible idea.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's super dorky

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i will just say if chiefs fans had a board of directors, x-factor would have been x-communicated years ago

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's super dorky

Dorky? Maybe crazy controlling and systematic, but dorky? Maybe we have different definitions. It's definitely different for North American sports. The NFL needs this like crazy, control the drunk lunatics that make it hard for a normal, sane person to go to a game.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
can i panic yet?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, I think they are fairly healthy and just suck.  Probably too old, didn't have anyone to replace busio

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I turned it on at 1-1 and was left wondering how on earth we managed the 1

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
and then you probably saw it was an OG and thought, that makes sense

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This match was fun. Any SKC fans up for a pak'r in downtown Omaha?
https://twitter.com/Union_Omaha/status/1516612566008713216

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Probably not!  But when is it?  Also, that score line looks like a wild game

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Probably not!  But when is it?  Also, that score line looks like a wild game

Yeah, that equalizer was the last kick of extra time, dude ended up with the ball on his foot inside the penalty spot, horrific defending by Chicago. Columbus, Austin, and RSL also lost to lower level competition.

The draw for the next round is on Friday, we won't get Omaha. The draw groups are done regionally and instead of putting us with Minnesota and Omaha, the fuckheads at US Soccer did this.
https://twitter.com/opencup/status/1517009842241687553

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
glad i sat thru the delay to watch more of the same.  i'm ready to see absolutely anyone over shelton.  unfortunately, he's not the only problem.  vermes falling on his ass was lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This team is awful right now, I have no hope for anything for them this year. I'm going to the Dallas match this weekend as a birthday present and I'm not looking forward to it.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yeah i'll still make it to all the matches, just sucks we're in such a hole, holding out hope we find something and can sneak into the playoffs.  would like to make a run at the open cup, but doesn't even seem remotely possible rn

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i had always been under the assumption that skc was one of the better run mls franchises, is this really true and our situation one that all teams find themselves in at various points? 

i don’t think that is the case, that this just happens to everyone.  i do think that roster management has been their biggest issue, and if that’s the case, who is ultimately pulling the strings?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i had always been under the assumption that skc was one of the better run mls franchises, is this really true and our situation one that all teams find themselves in at various points? 

i don’t think that is the case, that this just happens to everyone.  i do think that roster management has been their biggest issue, and if that’s the case, who is ultimately pulling the strings?

It is one of the best run franchises and it absolutely happens to everyone. Name a franchise and they've crap the bed sometime in the last three years. Seattle is one place higher than we are right now, although I do anticipate them eventually making they playoffs this year. They have a very similar problem as SKC and it's an aging core who have accomplished a lot but they are at the end. The two LA teams missed the playoffs last season. Atlanta has had like three coaches in like a year and a half. Columbus fans are losing their crap worse than we are.

Because of the way the league is structured, I wouldn't at all count something like missing the playoffs solely as a sign of function or dysfunction of a franchise. The model just doesn't support teams making the playoffs as consistently as SKC and Seattle has, I don't know if it will happen ever again, as long as the finances of the league are structured as they currently are.

Want to see what franchises are dysfunctional? I'd look at something like Portland repeatedly running into league trouble and issues with their fans for crap that doesn't happen on the field. Cincinnati who has been turning over their entire operation, every single year. NYCFC who has literally played home matches in 4 different states this year. Miami's litany of issues.

What's frustrating about SKC is they have purchased players, they spend a lot of money on scouting and being players in from everywhere. They spend money on the roster, acquiring players, and taking care of them when they get the players. The issue seems to be the coach's unwillingness to turn the page and give the guys he himself brought in, a chance to play. Hopefully the success of the center backs on Saturday will soften him to giving the other guys a chance, I love Roger but seeing him and Kyrie continually get starts is maddening.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
sounds like peter has a little bill in him

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wild go ahead gos goal by Shelton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well, it seemed like we needed all the help in the world to get it done yesterday, but I hope it builds some momentum.  Maybe Khiry is done sucking.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That is also the most goals off lazy turnovers that I've seen in a game.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
first half was woof city, from there it was an actual enjoyable match to be at.  i hope we try and move to the 3 man back line we used last night, much more exciting.  the red card in the 97' i thought at the time wouldn't matter, but the corner the following minute made it turn out to be huge, pretty great header by marinos.  pierre at rb impressed me, i'd rather see him there moving forward than duke who should stay in the midfield.  turned into being a fun night out there, wish the crowd was better

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pierre was easily the best player on the field while he was out there. Jake Davis and that bald dude from SKC 2 were hopelessly lost.

I have no hope that Kyrie will turn around, before that late goal, he may have had his worst game to date. To get three balls at his feet inside the 6 yard box and not connect with any of them was disastrous.

Dallas' coach should be embarrassed deciding to park the bus, they could have and should have won 5-0, very fun comeback tho. I was literally seconds away from giving up on this team.