Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 653074 times)

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the mexican authorities have denied there were any fatalities but i have seen some videos of 100% dead people. pretty horrific

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
absolutely some of those dudes were dead

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
the mexican authorities have denied there were any fatalities but i have seen some videos of 100% dead people. pretty horrific

I tried to find some videos earlier, but I didn't see anything as horrific as described herein.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
I also mean things like locations of concessions and restrooms etc.

Yeah, that stadium is bitb at amenities for everyone
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I tried to find some videos earlier, but I didn't see anything as horrific as described herein.

there is a lot on twitter, or at least there was this morning

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
only 3 games in, but holy crap.  kinda being out a significant amount of time is gonna hurt.  game sat night was hard to watch

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We're rough ridin' awful. I have no idea why Peter is playing Zusi and Roger so much.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Yeah, not a lot of confidence thus far, they are a step or so behind everyone it seems
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Disappointing start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
woof

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
We're rough ridin' awful. I have no idea why Peter is playing Zusi and Roger so much.

sadly, the guys behind them are worse...

anyway, this was a very underwhelming offseason, they guys look burnt out, and they're down their top 4 forwards...not a recipe for success...

might be time for PV to give up one of his roles

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well this has been a disappointing start to the season.

Does anyone know more about the Fountain City Ultras beef?  I saw their FB Cauldron post about how they chanted "we deserve better" at the players and Johnny jumped the barrier to yell at them.  I didn't know if there was anything more to the story.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Does anyone know more about the Fountain City Ultras beef?  I saw their FB Cauldron post about how they chanted "we deserve better" at the players and Johnny jumped the barrier to yell at them.  I didn't know if there was anything more to the story.

that is so gross

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

that is so gross

Yeah.  I get being upset at the results and I get voicing it to some degree, but "we deserve better" rubbed me the wrong way. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

that is so gross

Yeah.  I get being upset at the results and I get voicing it to some degree, but "we deserve better" rubbed me the wrong way.

It's self-centered, spoiled, and entitled. "We" don't deserve positive results, we pay to be entertained. Do Nashville fans not deserve wins, only SKC fans deserve that?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This was the first home game i've missed this year so wasn't there, still not sure how i feel about the aftermath.  It clearly got under the captain, maybe it lights a fire under the team, who knows.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
maybe it lights a fire under the team, who knows.

I'd hope not.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

that is so gross

It's self-centered, spoiled, and entitled. "We" don't deserve positive results, we pay to be entertained. Do Nashville fans not deserve wins, only SKC fans deserve that?

The SKC product on the field currently is not entertaining.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 04:59:58 PM by Justwin »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
had oscar not gotten canned, I might have had to start the little apple ultras

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

that is so gross

The SKC product on the field currently is not entertaining.

I'm sure yelling at the players while they are thanking fans for attending will make them play much better.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I'm sure yelling at the players while they are thanking fans for attending will make them play much better.

If this occurred while the players were thanking the fans, then I completely agree that that is out of line.

Overall, I think Sporting KC as an organization takes a lot of things for granted, so I have some sympathy towards the feelings of how terrible the current team is. There are not a lot of ways to make fans' feelings known other than not attending, but how would that help that players?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
SKC is traditionally one of the most successful franchises in MLS.  Fans yelling about what they "deserve" to people that have made it that successful and invest 1000x more than they do is extremely entitled.  Publicly shaming the players isn't necessary to make the fans' feelings known.  If the organization seemed consistently satisfied with underwhelming results or incapable of fixing them, sure the fanbase could say the deserve better, but I don't know how anybody could think that applies to SKC.

If this occurred while the players were thanking the fans, then I completely agree that that is out of line.

Overall, I think Sporting KC as an organization takes a lot of things for granted, so I have some sympathy towards the feelings of how terrible the current team is. There are not a lot of ways to make fans' feelings known other than not attending, but how would that help that players?

If we're trying to help the players, I'm not sure how scolding them when they walk off the field helps.   They'd probably prefer those fans not attend.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I guess we're big time now since we have a section of bad person ultras

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
SKC is traditionally one of the most successful franchises in MLS.  Fans yelling about what they "deserve" to people that have made it that successful and invest 1000x more than they do is extremely entitled.  Publicly shaming the players isn't necessary to make the fans' feelings known.  If the organization seemed consistently satisfied with underwhelming results or incapable of fixing them, sure the fanbase could say the deserve better, but I don't know how anybody could think that applies to SKC.

If we're trying to help the players, I'm not sure how scolding them when they walk off the field helps.   They'd probably prefer those fans not attend.

Scolding the players when they walk off the field is out of line. I said as much. The fans don't deserve anything and saying "We deserve better" is a terrible choice of words.

The players would prefer for some of the most dedicated fans to not attend? This is exactly what I mean about taking things for granted. Sporting KC has been pretty successful, but MLS is a lot different now than it was in 2013. I am not convinced that Sporting KC has the will to spend the money necessary to truly compete. They want to be good, but not have to spend a lot to do so. They think Vermes allows them to do this, but it is becoming increasingly clear this no longer will work. If trotting out Khiry Shelton is an organization's idea of a starting MLS center forward, that says a lot about that organization's commitment to winning.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Of course the players want supportive fans there, but I'm sure they could do without the ones that chant "we deserve better."

SKC spent money on Pulido but that hasn't worked out with his injuries.  I'm certainly expecting some changes throughout this year and into next.  I think part of the challenge is transitioning out of the Besler/Zusi/Espinoza era. It was nice to have a few positions reliable staffed for a decade but now every position has the potential to look different in a year or two.