Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145464 times)

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22500 on: March 12, 2021, 08:58:45 AM »
My Konza Triangle is a scalene triangle of K-State, Southwestern, and GCCC.

I forgot about scalene triangles!
lol wut

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22501 on: March 12, 2021, 09:01:40 AM »
If I am KU, I go all-in on Emmet Jones. By that I mean, they make him the lowest paid Power 5 coach (and lowest paid staff) and wish him the best.  Let the new AD "evaluate" Jones next year. With any luck, Jones wins 1 or 2 games, and they just keep the low cost train going in football.  My gut tells me they may be preoccupied with a basketball coaching hire soon enough that the focus will entirely move away from football.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22502 on: March 12, 2021, 09:25:13 AM »
Ask 200 KaNZans and you'll get 200 different Konza Triangles. - Ancient Konzite Proverb

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22503 on: March 12, 2021, 09:30:37 AM »
Some of you didn't sit in the stadium for the entirety of the 2008 game, and it shows.

If I could go back in time, I'd go back to that day to tell myself everything was going to be ok, and in fact, things would be better than you could ever imagine.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22504 on: March 12, 2021, 09:40:10 AM »
Some of you didn't sit in the stadium for the entirety of the 2008 game, and it shows.

If I could go back in time, I'd go back to that day to tell myself everything was going to be ok, and in fact, things would be better than you could ever imagine.

I did not, but 2006 was plenty bad.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22505 on: March 12, 2021, 09:42:53 AM »

I did not, but 2006 was plenty bad.
Was there for both of these.... Stayed in stunz ku frat in 06.... miserable

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22506 on: March 12, 2021, 10:16:00 AM »

I was there but the only thing that I remember was walking out after freeman fumbled on the 1 yard line. I went back and looked at the box score/play by play  :surprised: :frown: :lol:

They were up 24-0 at the end of the 1st and 31-0 at half.

We turned the ball over 5 times.

JAKE SHARP HAD 257 TOTAL YARDS AND 4 TD'S

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=283062305

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22507 on: March 12, 2021, 10:21:12 AM »
Look, I'm not saying that I want the hawks to put a 2008 level beat down on us every year. I just want them to be competitive and maybe sneak up and steal a win every 5 years when we are rebuilding.

When I look into the eyes of KU Football fans I see nothing, they are dead on the inside. I want them to have some hope to grab at, to give a crap past week 3 and then have the cats crush that hope and shove it back down their throat. Unfortunately to give them that hope they are going to have to beat us every once in a while.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22508 on: March 12, 2021, 10:24:00 AM »
Hats off to those of you who went to both away games in '06 and '08. I didn't have the funds to do that back then. '06 was a real gut punch after having just beat Texas the week before. I remember that game and the '07 home game (which I did attend), but not the '08 game. Perhaps my mind has just erased it, but I think it's because everyone was so done with Ron Prince at that moment that that kind of a loss was needed to assure us that he would be gone soon... which he was 4 days later.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22509 on: March 12, 2021, 10:26:28 AM »
Look, I'm not saying that I want the hawks to put a 2008 level beat down on us every year. I just want them to be competitive and maybe sneak up and steal a win every 5 years when we are rebuilding.

When I look into the eyes of KU Football fans I see nothing, they are dead on the inside. I want them to have some hope to grab at, to give a crap past week 3 and then have the cats crush that hope and shove it back down their throat. Unfortunately to give them that hope they are going to have to beat us every once in a while.
I don't want to ever have to rebuild.. Just reload [redacted]

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22510 on: March 12, 2021, 10:27:20 AM »
Reading through the 2008 game recap I found this amazing stat

Kansas ran for six touchdowns -- one short of the school record -- and harassed Kansas State quarterback Josh Freeman into four turnovers, giving him 14 during Kansas' first three-game winning streak in the Sunflower Showdown since 1988-90.

14 TURNOVERS IN 3 GAMES VS KU  :runaway:

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22511 on: March 12, 2021, 10:27:41 AM »
Hats off to those of you who went to both away games in '06 and '08. I didn't have the funds to do that back then. '06 was a real gut punch after having just beat Texas the week before. I remember that game and the '07 home game (which I did attend), but not the '08 game. Perhaps my mind has just erased it, but I think it's because everyone was so done with Ron Prince at that moment that that kind of a loss was needed to assure us that he would be gone soon... which he was 4 days later.
Yeah, I don't even remember the '08 loss tbh. The '06 and '07 losses hurt a lot more. We were 5-0 going into that game in '07 and I still believed we had something special in Prince  :lol:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22512 on: March 12, 2021, 10:36:27 AM »
Yeah, I don't even remember the '08 loss tbh. The '06 and '07 losses hurt a lot more. We were 5-0 going into that game in '07 and I still believed we had something special in Prince  :lol:

The '07 game truly hurt, was my freshman year, first time I saw k-state lose to ku in person, it ruined my weekend.

'08 I think I shut it off after like 5 minutes, '09 was so, so sweet to get it back, and never lose it since then. '10 was definitely the most lollers game even (Tremaine juking the crap outta that db), and 2011 was the funnest away game @ku ever. Since then it's been pretty ho hum, but I like it that way.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22513 on: March 12, 2021, 11:43:34 AM »
In '04 my girlfriend lived next to the ku stadium and she was drinking a water bottle of watermelon vodka and left in the 3rd quarter to go home and after the game ended i went to her apartment and she wasn't there because she got lost on the one block walk and ended up over by the hospital and a family called me from her phone to come pick her up.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #22514 on: March 13, 2021, 08:26:29 AM »
...And now you’re married and have three beautiful children. Classic fairytale.

I’m still catching up on the Les Miles May Be In Some Trouble thread over on The Phog, but here’s a glimpse into how that thread is going on page 49 of 72:

Way more public school teachers have molested children than priests and it’s really not even close.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22515 on: March 13, 2021, 08:29:19 AM »
It’s a good old-fashioned molest-off over there...

Indeed. And transgressions by Catholic priests do not exceed those of Protestant ministers (https://religionnews.com/2015/12/07/spotlight-its-not-just-a-catholic-problem/). And studies show that it is not so much a pedophilia problem as a homosexual problem (https://www.catholicleague.org/homosexuality-and-sexual-abuse/).
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22516 on: March 13, 2021, 08:30:05 AM »
JFC, The Phog is a cesspool and should probably be shown the door along with Les and Long.

Ha. I know about pizzagate.

Not sure I buy it, but I do know those ******** pedo's in Hollywood likely run the biggest pedophile ring the world has ever seen.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 08:33:32 AM by SkinnyBenny »

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22517 on: March 13, 2021, 10:02:44 AM »
Phogags are still deciding if Pizzagate is real

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22518 on: March 15, 2021, 12:00:23 PM »
Kanzaga really was the right fit for a guy like Les.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22519 on: March 17, 2021, 06:33:13 AM »
I’m still phoggin’ over here.

KU has been a graveyard for a lot of coaching careers.

Sykes went to ETSU. Mather became a Chicago Bears asst and made a lot of money in insurance. Mitchell took his buyout and did well in the newspaper game. Rodgers, got a better FB job at UCLA, Fambrough 1 went to the Williams fund. Moore took his buyout and did well as a beer distributor. Fambrough 2 went to work for Bob Dole. Gotfried got a better FB job at Pitt. Valesente went to the NFL. Mason took a lateral to Minnesota. Allen went to college assistant and FCS level. Mangino bounced around as an assistant. Gill went to FCS Liberty. Weis is on his HOA board in Fl. Beaty is driving an Uber and Miles is trying to figure out WTF happened.

Kind of a scary job.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22520 on: March 17, 2021, 07:13:39 AM »
The Weis comment is very funny, thank you skinben
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22521 on: March 17, 2021, 08:53:00 AM »
I went their to check out how they're doing. Soon realized nothing is worse than a board hot on the trail of an AD search.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22522 on: March 17, 2021, 08:59:28 AM »
just my humble opinion, but plane on the tarmac stories is the pinnacle of bbs'n they are truly blessed.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22523 on: March 17, 2021, 10:04:38 AM »
I’m still phoggin’ over here.

KU has been a graveyard for a lot of coaching careers.

Sykes went to ETSU. Mather became a Chicago Bears asst and made a lot of money in insurance. Mitchell took his buyout and did well in the newspaper game. Rodgers, got a better FB job at UCLA, Fambrough 1 went to the Williams fund. Moore took his buyout and did well as a beer distributor. Fambrough 2 went to work for Bob Dole. Gotfried got a better FB job at Pitt. Valesente went to the NFL. Mason took a lateral to Minnesota. Allen went to college assistant and FCS level. Mangino bounced around as an assistant. Gill went to FCS Liberty. Weis is on his HOA board in Fl. Beaty is driving an Uber and Miles is trying to figure out WTF happened.

Kind of a scary job.

This deserves to be on at least one more page.

Well done.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22524 on: March 17, 2021, 12:44:26 PM »
In other words, a lot of KU coaches are going pro in something other than sports.