Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3208321 times)

Katpappy and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22475 on: March 11, 2021, 12:38:41 PM »
I’ll be honest I’ve never understood the pleasure in KU’s demise but to each their own.

Quote from: fatty fat fat
Thanks for the $10 tickets and free wins!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22476 on: March 11, 2021, 12:43:34 PM »
I reserve my lawls for ISU and still get some guilty pleasure from the Nubbs continuing failures.  Just don’t get much out of our Ad Astra bro’s suffering.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22477 on: March 11, 2021, 12:48:04 PM »
KU needs to commit to something longer than a few years. Between inconsistent juco recruiting and not sticking to a coach long enough to actually develop 4-year players, this is only going to continue. They should be striving for a SLTH right now.

What is Paul Rhodes up to?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22478 on: March 11, 2021, 12:54:51 PM »
I reserve my lawls for ISU and still get some guilty pleasure from the Nubbs continuing failures.  Just don’t get much out of our Ad Astra bro’s suffering.

We can’t beat them in basketball so it’s a nice way to balance the scale.

I haven’t seen this posted in here yet, but maybe I missed it as it is a few days old. Anyone read through LSU’s Title IX report yet? They released it last Friday, I believe.

https://www.lsu.edu/titleix-review/#top
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22479 on: March 11, 2021, 01:05:23 PM »
KU needs to commit to something longer than a few years. Between inconsistent juco recruiting and not sticking to a coach long enough to actually develop 4-year players, this is only going to continue. They should be striving for a SLTH right now.

What is Paul Rhodes up to?

He's probably the second best hire they could realistically make, behind Ron Prince.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22480 on: March 11, 2021, 01:58:07 PM »

You don't get much out of it because you are taking it for granted. The sign that we actually still want them to fail is how completely unacceptable it is to lose to them. Was 2004 that long ago? That was an awful feeling, can't imagine how shitty it will be when we lose to them again. I hope when it happens it's late in the year when we're complete trash and they're top 25.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22481 on: March 11, 2021, 02:07:14 PM »
In a perfect world, they get themselves to Paul Rhodes ISU level, where they can give us a good game and lose in hilarious ways but never actually beat us.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22482 on: March 11, 2021, 02:58:49 PM »
I'm cool with railroading them every year.  I don't want our games to be close but am down for them beating a Tech the week before to get their hopes up and their seats sold.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22483 on: March 11, 2021, 03:00:05 PM »

You don't get much out of it because you are taking it for granted. The sign that we actually still want them to fail is how completely unacceptable it is to lose to them. Was 2004 that long ago? That was an awful feeling, can't imagine how shitty it will be when we lose to them again. I hope when it happens it's late in the year when we're complete trash and they're top 25.
Will never forget how good 2009 felt. I'm okay with never losing to them again.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22484 on: March 11, 2021, 03:36:20 PM »
This thread really separates the TSCs/Ad Astra bros from the non-TSC/non-Ad Astra bros. It's as if some of you don't even support the Konza Triangle...

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22485 on: March 11, 2021, 04:15:54 PM »
Spracs, what's the third elite academic institution in the Konza Triangle? 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22486 on: March 11, 2021, 04:20:05 PM »
Add in Wichita State and we have the whole Konza Triangle :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 04:30:49 PM by MadCat »

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22487 on: March 11, 2021, 04:21:26 PM »
KSU, MCC, HCC-Wamego

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22488 on: March 11, 2021, 04:44:05 PM »
I'm cool with railroading them every year.  I don't want our games to be close but am down for them beating a Tech the week before to get their hopes up and their seats sold.

I want this every year.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22489 on: March 11, 2021, 04:44:37 PM »

I reserve my lawls for those schools too, I get some out of the suffering of ku but it's much more directed at the school/fans, and even then football fans of ku deserve a hug. I do have major sympathy for the players, I know they "signed" up for it but that still sucks, as a lot of the coaching and AD decisions they have to live with.

That being said, I never want to lose to them, I just more want ku to be like 4-8 and generally lose decently competitive games by 2TDs, not where they are at where they are lucky to win 2 games and lose by 4TDs or more.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22490 on: March 11, 2021, 04:49:48 PM »
Add in Wichita State and we have the whole Konza Triangle :thumbs:

Then--as now--it was a tongue-in-cheek reference to some poster who used that term to describe KU-KSU-WSU. However, the search function is letting me down. The record now appears it originated with me, which is not the case.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22492 on: March 11, 2021, 07:11:34 PM »
Is Emmet Jones just taking KU through the spring?  Or is this a lead us through '21 and we'll see what happens?
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22493 on: March 11, 2021, 07:17:38 PM »
Is Emmet Jones just taking KU through the spring?  Or is this a lead us through '21 and we'll see what happens?

I mean, tbd, but the University's stance has been that they will hire a fb coach for this season ASAP. But, that was the stance before Long was fired. Now, they'll hire an AD, and then the AD will hire the coach, so who knows.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22494 on: March 11, 2021, 07:19:15 PM »

I mean, tbd, but the University's stance has been that they will hire a fb coach for this season ASAP. But, that was the stance before Long was fired. Now, they'll hire an AD, and then the AD will hire the coach, so who knows.
Gotcha, i really have no idea what the best course of action is.  I guess getting someone in to keep the players together is probably the best move at this point.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22495 on: March 11, 2021, 07:22:41 PM »
This thread really separates the TSCs/Ad Astra bros from the non-TSC/non-Ad Astra bros. It's as if some of you don't even support the Konza Triangle...

Konza Triangle is a bridge too far.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22496 on: March 11, 2021, 09:49:53 PM »
Konza Triangle is amazing, and anyone who says otherwise probably does so because they’re too dumb to remember that Duke is our sister school.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22497 on: March 11, 2021, 10:13:15 PM »
My Konza Triangle is a scalene triangle of K-State, Southwestern, and GCCC.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22498 on: March 12, 2021, 06:52:02 AM »

Gotcha, i really have no idea what the best course of action is.  I guess getting someone in to keep the players together is probably the best move at this point.

The best move is to bring some long term stability to the program. Right now they are stuck in no-mans land with recruiting, playbooks, players, and coaches. K-States spring training is already underway, as is a lot of other schools. FCS is playing spring ball. KU is just... existing. I was a little surprised at the announcement that a football coach wouldn't be named until after a new AD is announced, though it makes sense. I just think they're burning up time they don't really have.

In for a penny, in for a pound I guess.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22499 on: March 12, 2021, 08:19:46 AM »
My Konza Triangle is a scalene triangle of K-State, Southwestern, and GCCC.

I forgot about scalene triangles!